Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Chesterton Office Visit  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

Getting an appointment was quick, the doctor was awesome, and explained everything well. However my hour and forty five minute wait was ridiculous, and the receptionist was not very friendly in fact not sure if I would make any further appointments in that office again. The doctor and friendly staff make an office pleasant; its too bad it only takes one employee to wreck it!

|  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

Dr Thompkins is a miracle worker. He takes the time to listen to your problems and he helps fix the problem.

|  The best doctor in the world  |  show details
by Mary Armstead on Aug 17th, 2010

He did a lot better job on my back problems than any other doctors that I went to for my back problems. After having amazing service by he and his nurses it turns out I have scoliosis in T7.

|  Excellence in his profession  |  show details
by Jerry Brown on Aug 14th, 2010

Dr Thompkins performed a multi-level fusion on my lower back. I have nothing but great things to say about him. He is very professional, addressed all of my concerns, never made me feel rushed, and his bedside manner is great. I would recommend him and that group of doctors to anyone.

|  I am Getting my Life back  |  show details
by GAIL THE PT. AND HUBBY DENNIS ROCK on Dec 14th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr Thompkins aboutprobally 5 yr's,and he has treated me as how i would treat patience.My last surgery was an 8 hr surgery,he told me all the pro's and con's.I was so scared cuz scoliosis surgery is not an easy task,for the Dr's doing it and the patient going thru it.I want to "THANK"DR.THOMPKIN'S,who did an outstanding surgery,I can do thing's I have not been able to do for 15 yr's,though I still have some pain,the POSITIVE SIDE IS,I HAVE a glimmer of HOPE IT WORKEDAlso wanted to THANK (ALL) his staff,and xray dept,for treating me so good.God Bless you all.Another big THANKYOU TO DR.NATH,who helped me with my pain issues,she was so COMPASSIONATE,AND PATIENT WITH ME,AND TO HER STAFF,TOO,ESPECIALLY ANDREA,WHO ALWAYS HAD THAT CALMING EFFECT,ON MY BAD PAIN DAY'SGOD BLESSAND TO YOU ALLHAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILIES,THAY ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU,I KNOW I DID.what a wonderfull gift.

|  Great Doctor and staff, long office wait  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2009

Dr. Thompkins preformed my 2nd back surgery in 2008 which was a fusion. I am very happy with the results as I really had mixed feelings about having the fusion. There was a 2-3 month wait for the initial appointment and the office is always packed. Follow up appointments are not as difficult to get. The wait time in the office is usually long, often 30-45 min. However, I have never felt rushed once I do get to see the doctor, but come prepared with your questions already written down. The staff has always been courteous and returns calls promptly.