Dr. Antoni Gofron MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 7th, 2016
Excellant Doctor
I wish I found Dr. Gofran a year ago. My last doctor told me there was nothing wrong with me and I was suffering for more than a year. I went for a 2nd opinion and found Dr. Gofran. He diagnosed me and now I'm currently on medication and feeling 100% better!!!

January 7th, 2014
Dr. Gofran came highly recommended by my primary. i really wish I had known to read others reviews first, or I would never have gone to see him. I saw him regarding several growths on my thyroid, He was ok the first time I saw him, but when I saw him a year later, I was already having thyroid issues, I told him I felt like I was being choked and he told me it couldn't be my thyroid. I told him my heart was racing, I was losing my hair, and my nails were brittle. He sent me to a bunch of specialists who all said it was due to the growth on my thyroid, An ears, nose, and throat doctor ordered a simple swallow test that showed the growths had displaced and narrowed my esophogus. The choking sensation was due to the growth being caught between my esophogus and collar bone. Certainly an "expert" such as he should have had the knowledge to order such a simple test. After a summer of suffering, visits to 4 different specialists, and a simple swallow test, I had the surgery and felt instantly better. This guy is worthless.

July 31st, 2013
not that interested
I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism reluctantly from my primary so I sought out further understanding from a specialist. Dr. Gofron was not interested in my questions or concerns. For anyone out their suffering - doctor's like this need to have a warning. I felt like I was crazy and for someone with a hormone imbalance this made me feel unnecessarily rejected.

February 10th, 2013
Not interested in women's hormones
Having a full hysterectomy at 33 and not wanting to go into menopause, I was having problems getting my hormone levels under control and had been referred by my ob/gyn; further complicating the issue was hypothyroidism. I went to Dr. Gofron, who was very dismissive and curt. "I don't do female hormones." It wasn't like I was asking him to treat me for hemorrhoids - as an endocrinologist, his job is dealing with hormones - just not, apparently, LADY hormones. Interestingly enough, his PA called me two days later and asked if I was happy with the visit. I said absolutely not, he said he doesn't treat WOMEN hormones. She said, come in and see me; I did and she got my hormones under control so I wasn't 33 and menopausal. This guy's name is STILL on my prescriptions; I guess while he is too high and mighty to deal with women's hormones, he can deign to have his PA right prescriptions under his name. What a jerk.