Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Sep 8th, 2014

I agree with u people. I went to him because I have endometriosis. 16 days out of month I suffer with cramps, lower back pain that is excruciating. Its like getting kicked in your groin all day. Had to go to er for pain told me to follow up with gyne, when went to asked me where pain was and then shrugged his shoulders what is that. Gave me pelvic exam which I already had done in er. Did not do ultrasound to see if had any cysts or fibroids. Told me pap smear but wait six months till my appt,. I'm on medicare so I think had to do with insurance. God forbid u should give a person a chance I could have sent up payment plan or people could have fundraisers. Also told me I didn't need pain mangement. How could tell me I don't need pain management when I'm doubled over in pain. All about the money. These drs who don't care should not be dr. Just about status symbol. .16

|  Not a doctor at all  |  show details
by John Bisconti on Jan 4th, 2014

This was the worst doctor I ever had experience with. My son was born with a lack of oxygen to his brain because of this doctor who don't know how to deliver a healthy baby. I have know idea how he got his license. I'm sure my son couldn't be the only one. I'm writing this review so nobody sees this quack. If anyone wants to talk to me about this doctor, I would be more than happy. You can contact me at jabstudios59@yahoo.com there's so much more to be said about this quack doctor. Thank you sincerely, John.

|  Worst Experience Yet  |  show details
by Anne on Jan 2nd, 2014

This is the worst experience I have had yet at a gynecologist. I have some very weird things including finding out I wasn't bipolar but that my estrogen was low which caused my moods to be all over the place. This was my FIRST appointment with Dr Bravo. Not only did he not say a word about the weird things that happened in my cycle. He told me to get pregnant I could not be on any hormone replacement (meaning get back on medications for bipolar tendencies - that hopefully would be safe for pregnancy, or take no meds and possibly end up back in the hospital). If you know anything, that is quite emotional. So I started to tear up. He then had the nerve to tell me that if I cried hearing that, then I was not ready to have children and I needed to go back to see my psychiatrist. When is it EVER okay to tell someone to go back to a psychiatrist when you don't even know them. He didn't even want to try and help me figure out a safe way to get pregnant and not resort to going back on medication. This man needs to be taught respect and understand that just because a women cries doesn't mean she isn't ready to have a baby. I am an emotional person - he doesn't know my actual emotional state. I will never be going back to him, and would never recommend him to anyone. My husband also agreed with me that the man is a little strange in the way he carries himself - and awkwardly soft spoken.

|  excellent surgeon  |  show details
by Olena on Jun 23rd, 2013

well ..I was going to have water birth but but little daughter just did not turn after everything I tried (chiropractor, maxi, laying upside down, trace minerals and hours in the pool)so I was pretty sure that ECV would do the job. When I was forwarded to Dr Bravo by my midwives I wasnt in love with him for sure he made us wait and as I felt at that moment he was not compassionate. I couldn't even think of having a c-section. He insisted on planed c-section while I wanted to give my baby a chance to initiate the process. He said if i want this way I have to find someone else to perform the surgery. We agreed to perform ECV. he was not be able to turn my breech baby He was super gentle and did not push baby as I thought. and he said that I have no choice but c-section.I read reviews on him and was frightened ... but he turned out to be just an excellent surgeon. So now I can highly recommend him for whom who want or have to have c-section. I was ready to go home the next day)))

Apr 26th, 2013

Just an okay doctor. Nice enough, but there are a lot better doctors out there who will spend more time talking to you.

Jan 12th, 2012

This doctor does not know how to deliver baby's. I heard from other doctors that practiced with him that he is not good. My son was born 19 years ago with a lack of oxygen to his brain because he waited to long. I,m sure there has to be a lot of complaints with this doctor and also dr Maldonado . I don't know how to get in touch with these other people that had problems with this doctor but I heard there were a lot of deaths of baby's that they gave birth to. If there is anything that anybody could do about this please email me at jabstudios@sbcglobal.net thank you.

|  Run from this practice!!  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

Dr. Bravo is condescending and rude. He told me I was pregnant with twins and had me listen to 2 heartbeats on a sonogram. When they FINALLY gave me a referral for an ultrasound at 20 wks (there's a machine in each clinic room yet he refused to use it- which makes me suspect he doesn't know how to) I found out I was only having one baby.

|  Don't go here  |  show details
by Julie on Apr 14th, 2008

Long wait times at office, once I waited 45 minutes in room while the dr. ate lunch! I had contractions for 2 weeks but the dr's said it was nothing and don't worry, their machines didn't pick up the contractions (but the hospital's did) and I had dd at 28 weeks and it could have been avoided w/ bed rest. The day I had her I was on the machine for 20 minutes and it didn't pick up any contractions, after I used the bathroom, dr. checked if I was dialated and then said don't move and I had dd 1 hour later. My instincts said to change dr's and I didn't. Also, my mucus plug broke and dr's said it was probably 'normal' discharge. Office forgot to tell me for 4 weeks my tests came back I was diabetic.