Dr. Antonio Cubano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 16th, 2016
Horrible Dr. and Staff. Extremely bad customer service by all of them. I will never take a family member there again, or recommend him to anybody. Dr. does not care about the patient at all, does not even ask questions. Just looks at the papers, and says: ok, so why are you here? Oh! You don't feel like talking? Ok, I am not like other doctors, if you don't want to talk, you can come back another day. And that was it! And, the staff were just chatting and having a good time at the front desk while we were sitting there for 20 minutes. It was just such a terrible experience we have never experienced at any doctor's office.

March 5th, 2016
BEST DR. EVER - Dr.Cubano
The best, nicest, good hearted Dr. Who takes good care of his patients and takes his work excellent. I'd recomend him to anybody/everybody who needs psych help. Best Dr. I have been with.

March 4th, 2016
Great Dr.- Dr.Cubano
Being a guanine pig, seeing Dr.'s after Doctors; knowing my issues'/problems' and knowing what me/my body and well being need, refused to give me the med's I was on in the past, they would try and push meds' on me and basically turn me into a guanine pig by trying everything in the books even medicines that have nothing to do with my problems. So I gave up on Dr.'s wasting my time and money. But after walking in to find my father dead one day out of the blue, ( God bless, rest in peace dad ) we talked and spent time together that day and I fell asleep and he passed due to sleep apnea. I lost it, I had to find a Dr. once again. So I found Dr.Cubano which his old Deland office was close, I gave him a shot; the staff wasn't the best, they lolly gag around talk/conversate and play on their phones. That was ALWAYS aggravating, BUT... Dr.Cubano is by far THE BEST Dr. I have ever dealt with, (and I've been seeing Dr.'s since age 13, now I'm 24. Cubano has taken great care of me since day 1, he is a great people person, he really show's concern and help's to the best of his ability; and being in the financial situation I'm in, he was even kind enough to help me when it came to paying for the Dr. office, and helped with filling prescriptions''. He is BY FAR the BEST Dr. I have ever seen. This Dr. is so great and understanding, and he has a heart of gold. I would recommend him to ANYBODY who need's to see a psych Dr. if you REALLY do have problems. ( there is people out there who lie about their problems to Dr. shop or what ever it's called, ) But if you really do need help and it and you are serious, he is THE BEST, but if your one of those piece's of scum who Dr. shop, don't even bother Dr.Cubano. He can sense it, and see right through you/it. I'm so lucky to have found a great understanding Dr. who knows everything in his line of work, he offers the best help you can find. Although it is pretty hard to make an appointment with him for a check up, if he's booked they'll ask if you'd rather see one of the practitioners' '; it's a little cheaper, but there ALL ignorant, they want to play Dr. they have messed my meds up every time, and seeing as I'm going on 24, they think I'm to young, with out even considering this guy really has problems', needs help and his meds. Some of the med's the practitioners' don't like the fact that I'm prescribed medicine they cannot write for since their practitioner's, so the med's they see I'm on and the one's they don't want or think I should have them, they purposely mess up the script, AND/OR make you wait for ever to finally bring it to the Dr. to have it signed. Although this is the Deland office, he has now moved. But point being; long story short. Dr.Cubano is a fair great Dr. See him if you seriously need the help of a psych Dr. and DO NOT see any of the practitioners'. One old practitioner basically interrogated me, and told me she doesn't like, think, or want me on certain med's. Gave me such a un-necessary hassle, if she'd just read or even glance at my records, another practitioner that wanted to play Dr. said the same about not liking what I take for 1, and 2, seeing as he likes to play Dr. he didn't know much about anything, he couldn't use the laptop, he had to peck 1 letter at a time, using his 2 index fingers'. Also instead of KNOWING the basic med's he had a medical dictionary and kept having to find the P section for my propranolol blood pressure meds, instead of marking the page, or simply remember the definition, he had looked up the same med a good 7 times and it took for ever. He also couldn't count, I'm supposed to get 90 propranolol 1 med, 3x a day SIMPLE AS PIE. I leave and see that he wrote me 120 blood pressure meds, at 3x a day..... REALLY GUY? DON'T see their practitioners'. Only see the best, 1 and only DR.CUBANO!!!

January 21st, 2016
Outside the VA, Dr. Cubano is the best psychiatrist I've ever seen. He is personable and polite. He actually cares about his patients and doesn't make you seem like you are just another Joe Blow.

October 29th, 2014
angry patient
This dr. Is evil, uncompassionate, and only cares about himself and the MONEY ! He and his staff abused me. I needed to get antidepressantsand he took numerous patients b4 me when I was supposed to the first patient of the day. He showed up about 15 -20 minutes late and then took all the patients b4 me. I asked him when I was next and he told me he didn't know. I told him I was then leaving and he flippantly told me it was up to me like he could care less.

January 10th, 2014
BEWARE!!! Negative Stars!!!
I am no longer the same after my experience with Dr. Cubano-Dr.Green and the Meridian staff. I have an extremely hard time trusting medical personnel as I was abused emotionally and medically as a mental health patient at Meridian under the care of Dr. Cubano. I am writing this to hopefully prevent further abuse to the mentally ill patients they are supposed to care for. A nurse even called the abuse hotline while I was there and my father had to threaten a multimillion dollar lawsuit just for them to start taking my treatment somewhat serious. He and Dr. Green in my honest opinion are pure evil and should not be practicing medicine anymore. Please be very careful of what you are prescribed-especially side effects as I was given a Rx that caused my muscles and joints to stiffen and my tongue to curl. To make matters worse-the staff laughed and took pictures with their cell phones. Furthermore, children were eventually brought in when the facility was supposed to be for adults. The situation was not normal at all. I'm scared to this day and am shocked evil and abuse towards the mentally ill like this exists.

May 5th, 2013
The most horrific doctor ever

June 30th, 2012
Wonderful Doctor
He made me feel very comfortable. He is attentive and listens to all of your concerns. I would highly recommend him for any concerns you may have with your children.

April 15th, 2011
unprofessional
Bot caing, shows no empathy, rejectful

September 9th, 2010
I only wish he hadnt left

September 1st, 2010
Now in Gainesville, FL
Dr. Cubano is a fantastic, compassionate and wise doctor. He is just perfect with my 10 year old son -- intelligent and caring and puts us both at ease completely. He has my highest recommendation.

April 6th, 2009
Dr. Cubano is excellent as a professional and a friend