Dr. Antonio Blanco MD Patient Reviews

• Child Psychiatry Katonah, NY

January 25th, 2013
can't recommend him enough. He helped both of our children, immensely!

May 22nd, 2012
Dr. Blanco spent a lot of time with us at the first and follow up sessions explaining his reasoning for perscribing a certain medication, answered all our questions etc. THere is nothing to say except that he is warm, related.

January 3rd, 2012
Grateful parent
My daughter first began seeing Dr. Blanco at 10 years of age, after being misdiagnosed by other professionals. She is now a 19 year old woman who found a professional, intelligent and caring doctor in Dr. Blanco. He has even had family sessions including my husband and myself, for no extra charge. He has been a Godsend to our family.

August 1st, 2011
Do not take your child to see him
Im a regisered nurse wirh a son with autism and 3 other children.I missed an appointment, we are all human and make mistakes. He called me and told me after i apologized to take my son somewhere else (i paid him $250 a visit since he doesnt take insurance) my son was running out of his Abilify and he would run out of medication before being able to make appt. With someone else. He doesnt care about the well being of our children. It was dangerous for me to have to wean him off his med myself as his pediatrician didnt feel comfortable doing it either. Unprofessional and not a child advocate

January 19th, 2010
20/20 Hindsight

January 19th, 2010
Cut off before even had the chace to HAVE the appointment
Dr. Blanco was curt and rude. There was a mistake in the appointment (the date was set by the school) and, rather than sort out an agreeable date, he chose to get nasty on the phone, incredibly snippy and hung up the phone telling me that he would inform the school that _I_ had _CHOSEN_ to get another psychiatrist to do the evaluation. Perhaps, in 20/20 hindsight, it was best that I had the wrong date in my calendar and that my child was not evaluated by someone who clearly didn't want to do an evaluation for the school district (a "one-hit-wonder" appointment) in the first place.

December 7th, 2009
Personal and Professional
I've known Dr. Blanco for 20 years. I started as a patient of his when I was 13. My brother was also a patient. He was always professional, courteous, and very caring about me and my brother as patients. He took a lot of personal time with us making phone calls and visits if needed. He got us through some of the most difficult times of our lives and to this day I still have contact w/ Dr. Blanco. He has become an extended part of our family and I've consulted him many times w/ my own son. I'd highly recommend anyone to him.

July 12th, 2008
Orange County, NY (Child Study Center) -Mom's Beware
My daughter saw this doctor for a medication consult (second opinion) - less than 15 minutes and at the Child Study Center in Goshen, NY (Orange County) - then the place closed down and Blanco vanished, leaving many moms and kids damaged by his fabricated written reports (after one consultation session). This doctor was way out of line, very unprofessional. Do some research on the Internet, this guy hails from the state of Georgia, left his practice down there for vague reasons.