Surgeons, Pediatrician, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Antonio R Prats MD
3661 S Miami Ave
Ste 401
Northeast Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133
305-854-4334
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
by Mercy See on Dec 3rd, 2013

Terrible experience with his office personal. My appointment was @ 12.45 and got to the office at 12.15. Doors were closed and a sign said they will be back at 1pm. Try calling their phone and the answering service said they were closed for lunch. No seating just waiting outside on the hallway, at 1.10pm I started knocking at the doors and no reply. Already 1.20 and office doors still close. Finally I called back to the answering service and they got a hold at the back office and their answer was that they had tried to reach me a month ago to cancel the appt. since the doctor was not going to be in and that my phones were disconnected which was untrue, then I remember that when I schedule this appt. back on september there was another couple there that were in the same situation that I found myself today where no one had called to let them know that the doctor wasn't going to be there that day either since the office was working on their phone systems. Needless to say that this was the first available appointment I was offered in September so after waiting 3 months and looking forward to this appointment since I had been advised by another Dr. that I was on the need of neck surgery I was anxious to get a second opinion which obviously I will not be able to wait for another 3 months since my pain is unbearable. The Dr. had been highly recommended to my but his office personal specially MARILYN was rude and non professional and when I told her so she hung up the phone on me. So I am going ahead with my scheduled surgery on Jan. 8th at the University of Miami where I have found the most caring, concerned and compassionate professionals eager to help.

|  Fantastic  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Prats & his staff are fantastic! Thanks to him our son is alive today. Andrea, Dr. Prats & his staff have gone above & beyond to make our family feel comfortable & informed. Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts!

|  Never had the pleasure to meet Dr. Prats  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

He came well refered by my primary physician. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure to meet Dr. Prats due to his staff. Not one returned call, even when one assured me that they would call. If I had not persisted for over a week, I doubt I would have received any response all. And when you do explain the difficulty you have experienced, they are less than courteous/understanding and not one bit apologetic regarding their lack of response/professionalism. I pray the staff's performance/attitude is not an accurate reflection of the Doctor's.

|  Amazing Dr.and Assistant is an Angel  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Couldnt have asked for a better team.. they made our family very secure at all times.

|  Personal  |  show details
by Brenda Bauer on Oct 9th, 2009

Dr. Prats is rare in that when you see him, he actually *cares* about the patient and the patients concerns. You are not a "source of money" walking in the door as is common with many doctors in South Florida! I am so comfortable with him and his abilities that I have referred several co-workers with very good results.Dr. Prats office staff is tops! They are friendly, professional and courteous. Again, rare in South Florida.

|  Very BAD Doctor  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2008

Our experience was a terrible one with this doctor. Does not know what he is doing and does not help his patients or return their calls post-op. He is promoting a surgery that doesn't work and has paralyzed atleast 1 patient that we know of. Almost paralyzed our mom. After he performed a bad surgery on her spine she was in excrutiating pain from then on she has ahd to go to anther Docter to correct the problem. Stay Away from Dr. Antonio Prats and Mercy Hospital Miami, FL