Dr. Anu Kothari Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anu Kothari?

August 19th, 2017

Big mistake

Unfortunately, I chose this Doctor because she accepted my insurance and her office is 5 minutes away. It was my first pregnancy, a very hard one too. She definitely wasn't compassionate. I was almost 4 months into my pregnancy when she told me that she won't be available to deliver my baby. She has to go out of town for a "personal " reason. But she promised a few expectant mothers that she will deliver their baby. I was spotting during my entire pregnancy. On my last visit to her, as she was heading out of the exam room she said in a very indifferent tone " if there is bleeding there will be a miscarriage" then she disappeared..the list goes on with the many red flags. I ended leaving her for another doctor. I also ended up having a miscarriage at week 17. I am also sorry to say that had I been Indian I might have had a much better care. I saw on multiple visits how she had the biggest smile and was most talkative with an Indian patient/couple. The quality of care, communication, patient-doctor relation, professionalism and compassion that i enjoy at my new clinic made me realize how lousy Kothari was at the time. Good luck to all expectant mothers. Choose your doctor wisely, if you don't get a good vibe after the first appointment then find another doctor right away.

July 27th, 2017

Dissapointed

Her staff is very friendly but she's just rude! I was a first time patient and of course I had a lot of questions but she barely bothered to answer some, she also made a vey rude comment about my breast. She needs to be more profesional and caring.

April 4th, 2017

One of the best

After years of being ignored i tried Dr. Kathari. She was the only doctor who listened to me and performed multiple tests to make the proper referrals. I am extremely happy I went to her.

December 26th, 2016

Highly recommended!!!!

December 15th, 2016

Does not listen or give any advise. She just ask tell me what you want me to do. If we can decide why we will see her? She is more interested in making sure insurence covers. No smile on face at all.

She is in rush. No manners to talk. I felt she is rude. I had questions but she just left.Took another appointment but she gave about 5 min and left again for some personal business. We were left on our own to understand and decide our course of action.

May 7th, 2016

Delivered my last 2 pregnancies! She's the perfect doctor! I would highly recommend her to any mom to be with high risk pregnancy.!!

March 23rd, 2015

She doesn't talk to me and gave me no time to ask my problem.she was rushing to see other patients after making me wait for over an hour.

September 8th, 2014

Excellent doctor!v kind and genial!

She has been my doc for last two years and I never found anything negative her.she knows how to soothe a fussy patient like me,she did my c sec and she was v helpful n even come to see me two times a day!she called my nurses even at mid nights to know if I m well or having any pains etc?she is so caring ,so loving and so considerate.she always answer my phone n help me whenever I hv any issues,it takes time to develop a trust bw dr n patient!in one visit u can not tell about a dr!

April 14th, 2014

Mom of two Delivery via c-section by Kothari

No complains! Kind of dry but she knows very well what she is doing! She deliver my last 2 girls ages 5 and 2 and I would defitnely choose her again! She would not perform any tests or procedures if there not neccesary! I have a beautiful scar and had a great c-section deliveries. What I loved about her that with my last pregnancy she let me try Vaginal delivery after 2 c-sections! She is great and if she feels your a good candidate for VBAC she will let you try! Most Doctors will not! So I do recommend her highly! I dont understand why she would get nasty reviews because she is a great OB/GYN!

October 21st, 2013

not a great lady doctor .

I been two or three times at her office in Rego park, either she comes late or leave suddenly without informing the patient and i have come back again after an hour or two. When you are in her room for examination she won't give you proper answer you looking for , always get a cold answer. I said i am planning to get pregnant and she said i need to loose weight because i am fat and too old to have baby, i am 153 pound and 38 yrs old healthy woman. Instead of giving a tips or way to have baby thats she pour you the answer But i like about the office is the nurse and recieptionist over there is super nice and helpful. I felt a cold heart doctor.

March 28th, 2013

patient

Dr. Anu has been an excellent doctor for me. Besides examining me she also guides me on long term health improvement programmes. I am extremely grateful to her for her sincerety.

February 28th, 2012

Very Dissapointed

I find myself always have to remind her of our last visits what we discussed and went over on my condition. It would have been great if she read my chart before seeing me so I can feel like she on top it.When I went into labor she was very late and when she finally made it, she was in a rush to get the job done and leave. As soon as the labor was done, she just packed up her things and left without even discussing with me post labor recovery plan. My nurse did most of the work and was was the one being supportive through all my labor.When I had questions, her answers were sometime vague and didnt really reassure me she was confident.Overall I was really disappointed with Dr. Kothari as this was my first pregnancy and I would have liked my doctor to be more involved and reassuring.