Dr. Anupama Mathew MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2017
NO BEDSIDE MANNER
Dr Mathew has ZERO bedside manner- she is abrupt and pompous. Has an attitude which I do not appreciate. Her policies are ridiculous. Never had posted what schools she went to. Avoid this doctor- her negative attitude proceeds her!

March 3rd, 2017
Great Experience
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Mathew. I was able to get my appointment and procedure scheduled within the same week. She was very detailed, and caring. I recommend her highly.

July 26th, 2016
find another doctor
I scheduled an appointment with this doctor. I followed all instructions as prescribed to prepare for the colonoscopy procedure. I had a severe reaction to the medication, extremely painful, some people have no problems with this medication, Suprep, but I had severe abdominal pains that lasted over 10 hours. I was forced to cancel my colonoscopy due to my level of pain and discomfort. I called the office the morning of the procedure to speak with the doctor to explain the severe, painful reaction. The receptionist told me that the doctor would not call me and that I would be billed a $100.00 cancelation fee. They have a very explicit cancelation fee, however I was told that there is not an exception if you have a reaction to the medication. I was told that this is a common side effect and would be billed the cancelation fee anyway. Be cautious and find a doctor who is actually concerned about your health.

May 5th, 2016
My Care
I just spent about 45 minutes with Dr. Mathew. I highly recommend her: her care, her ability to explain what the test means in laypersons terms, her ability as a doctor to do the tests that are needed and why I needed that particular test, her friendliness and kindness, her staff are warm and welcoming.

April 14th, 2016
Good listener and communicator. I really like the anesthesiologist that she works with.

April 7th, 2016
I was recommended to dr. mathew by pcp doctor and I wasn't disappointed. The wait time for my appointment was on time and my consult with dr. Mathew was amazing. She had great bedside manner. She listened to everything I had to say, she gave me a lot of advise and even wrote down what my future plans were for me to take home. Staff was wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Mathew.

September 4th, 2015
very bad doctor
Very poor doctor that I would not recommend to anyone.

August 29th, 2015
Can't recommend. Authoritarian. Overtly hostile. Makes negative judgements about patient based on her own personal issues. Followed her instructions anyway because she was highly recommended and we were told that she is one of only two that can perform the procedure needed. Stopped Rx I need to stay alive because it interferes with the procedure. She never scheduled procedure. Don't know what her issues are but considered racism. She managed to be extremely offensive 3X in one appointment but we would have stuck with her anyway because we thought we had no other choice. But when she failed to schedule procedure after taking me off Rx she risked my life for nothing.

February 11th, 2015
A wonderful physician

July 12th, 2014
Incompetent. Poor language skills and usage. Much too familiar. Appeared clueless to me regarding my diagnosis. Went to another GI, and I again regained my faith. Don't waste your time. I think she believes doing business the Indian way in the U.S. is acceptable; it isn't!

February 15th, 2014
horrible!!
I read the other reviews, and they sound like they're writing about someone else. Her bedside manner is horrendous! She's either Indian or Filippino; stood right by my bed and spoke much too closely to me. She told me: "you're not listening to me." which is far too familiar, and then diagnosed me with Functional Pain Disorder, which afterwards, I discovered that that means a psychological, behavioral or emotional pain syndrome. I have a recent history of having major pancreatic surgery. I have seen another GI doctor from the mayo clinic, and they are very confident that they are on track to determine what has been causing my pancreatic problems. I'm sure that either she, herself, or staff and friends wrote her reviews on this site. She is horrible at communicating in English, and diagnosing.

August 23rd, 2013
ER visit
My colonoscopy was the result of an ER visit and subsequent admittance to the hospital. I was assigned a GI doctor who, in turn, assigned the procedure to the doctor on call for that following Saturday. The on-call doctor turned out to be Dr. Anu Mathew who was not only very caring, gentle manner, attentive, but who was the first doctor ever to perform the procedure successfully on me due to my extremely kinked insides. (She used a pediatric scope, which apparently made the difference.) I've definitely found my new GI doctor!