A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anupama Chawla:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Anupama Chawla is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anupama Chawla, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Celiac Disease
- Cholesterol Management
- Failure to Thrive
- Hepatitis B
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Chawla graduated from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Chawla has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chawla accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- United Healthcare - 6 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Anupama Chawla practice?
Dr. Anupama Chawla practices Pediatric Gastroenterology near Islip Terrace, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Riverhead, NY.
See Islip Terrace Gastroenterologists.