Psychiatrist

5940 South Rainbow Blvd
Suite 2003
Las Vegas, NV 89118
(702) 987-6174
Locations and availability (1)

|  Pleasent Experience  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2013

My experience with Dr.Bist was entirely positive. I have seen several psychiatrists over the years and he is the only one who took the time to discuss my situation and give me honest feedback that didn't end up making me feeling like a defective individual. He is undoubtedly a compassionate man who cares about his patients as human beings rather than merely labeling them with psychiatric diagnoses. Dr. Bist was also conservative with the meds and considered my input as to the regulation of dosages. I would definitely recommend him to anyone. I read the negative post and my comments in defense of Dr.Bist are that he is dealing with people with mental health issues and this is not an easy task. People with variable and unstable emotions get upset easily and tend to lash out.

Aug 28th, 2012

staff usually friendly, if you can get them to answer phone - have had to drive to office to make an appt.

|  Negligent  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Doctor had receptionist "drop me" on my birthday due to "frequent demands". What really happened was my doctor dropped my insurance carrier and I couldn't afford my copays that I was initially told were $55 per visit and now my bills show me at different rates per each visit that is exactly the same as the last. No matter how many times I express my current mental state, the doctor does not change anything in his routine--nodding, writing the exact same prescriptions, and sending me on my way within 10-15 minutes (15 minutes is a very long appointment with him). He clearly doesn't care and staff does not return phone calls nor do they relay messages or he just doesn't care what the message is so they don't respond. My primary doctor and one of my specialists suggested about a year and a half ago that I change doctors but I didn't listen. Now I receive (on my birthday) an arrogant and rude message falsely claiming why they dropped me. I've never made any demands. I've done nothing but nicely called and asked questions..including asking if the reason I'm calling should be discussed in an appointment. The real reason I was dropped had nothing to do with my supposed "demands". It had everything to do with my payments being late..seeing as the week prior I received my letter of final notice to pay my balance. I've had no intention on paying a doctor who seemingly only worsened my symptoms with negligent, careless, and reckless prescription writing and never suggested anything different, no matter how different my situations were per visit. He is a lazy, snooty jerk.P.S. I'm sure part of the reason he chose to drop me was also related to me telling the office to explain to the doctor that I didn't need his authorization on a refill that by law I could already fill three days prior to the last fill date. He didn't appreciate my knowledge.

Jun 5th, 2011

After a very difficult time in my life dr Bist was very compassionate and helped me a lot with my symptoms of OCD . He was able adjust my Meds and 1 year later I feel better than I ever did in my life. Thanks.

Apr 18th, 2011

I recommend him highly. He has helped me for the past five years. Thank you.

Mar 17th, 2011

Thank you for helping my spouse to overcome her symptoms of depression. I get along better with her now.

Mar 7th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Bist for a couple of years now. He has been professional, caring, attentive, and very accurate with my diagnosis and medications. I have overlooked his office staff, because he's such a good doctor. The office staff is very incompetant. They take too long to call back for an apt., are usually not professionaly dressed, (clothing too revealing), and do not seem very educated in general. I've spoke to him regarding this, and in return he gave me his cell number in case I have a difficult time getting ahold of someone for an apt.or med. refill. I'm hoping for improvement with his staff issues, as I'm sure he knows they aren't appreciated.

Feb 23rd, 2011

Great listener and empathic doctor.

Feb 11th, 2011

Excellent and caring doctor.

Jan 11th, 2011

Thanks for taking care of my husband.

|  Good doctor, poor office staff  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

Overall I think Dr. Bist was wonderful - he listened, seemed compassionate, and told me to call before my next appointment if I needed to speak to him. My issue is with his office staff. The woman kept me waiting to pay while she made small talk with someone else, overcharged me, and argued with me when I told her I didn't have to meet a deductible.

by S.Cassidi on Sep 9th, 2010

compassionate and caring.

by steve chang on Jan 5th, 2010

I have such a wonderful experience with Dr. Bist, being a transplant from california, I am a 60 years old man with MDD and i was trying to find a good compasionate doctor in las vegas,who i can trust. it was very difficult and most of them didnt care about me until i found him. there should be more docs like him in las vegas.

|  Good Listener  |  show details
by OCD GUY on Jan 2nd, 2010

I have been in treatment for OCD For 10 years and seen many psychiatrist in Las Vegas.My previous experiences have been disappointing to say the least.Dr. Bist, I felt cared about my issues and tailored his treatment to fit my needs.I think it helps a lot when you feel that your doctor is really listening and not in a hurry to prescribe you some pills.

by Mary Allen on Oct 9th, 2009

I can only showed my appreciation for Dr. Bist. after many years struggling with mental illness and given the wrong diagnosis from other shrinks , he was able to listen to me, and give me the right treatment.Now I know I suffer form major depression intead of bipolar disorder and since then i am taking my medication and i am able to do life a more productive life.

|  Dr Bist is a very caring doctor  |  show details
by linda weiss on Sep 19th, 2009

Dr Bist is my psychiatrist for the past 6 months, he was always showed very good side manners and he is very caring about me . i remember that on a weekend i went with my family to los angeles and had a fight with my husband and was very depressed and I called Dr. bist on friday night he was able to answer me and reassured me and gave me the proper treatment at that time. He spent like 35 minutes talking to me by phone eventhough it was friday night. I really appreaciated what he did for me and I reccommemd him. He is also a psychiatrist for 2 other of my friends and they only say wonderful things about him.Linda Weiss

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2009

I felt that Dr. Bist didn't spend enough time with me to be able to give an accurate diagnosis. It felt like he just wanted to prescribe something and move on to the next person.

|  "A 15 Minute Doctor"  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2009

I was very disappointed in Dr. Bist's allottment of only 15 minutes per patient...not enough time to fully diagnose and treat (in my opinion). When I was having a crisis, he pretty much "threw his hands up" and gave up on me as a patient...not very good bedside manner. He also doesn't speak much.