Dr. Anusha Belani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 18th, 2016
Dr. Balani is very thorough. She takes time to identify patient problems and find a cure. I trusted her with my life and now I am singing her praises.

November 18th, 2015
I was in FMH and she was very thorough and helpful with trying to figure out what my problem was.

September 9th, 2015
Greedy and ego-centric
After seeing her more than four times and paying hundreds of dollars for that "privilege" (believe me that is how she regards it) I called Dr. Belani with a few simple follow-up questions regarding measures we could take in our home to avoid further infection and the risk that my infection may have for my family. Her reply via her very polite nurse was to tell me to make an appointment. Three questions and she wants me to miss work and come to her office to get them answered. She is very arrogant and has had issues at FMH- she's been "talked to" about the despicable and rude manner with which she treats staff and patients. I can contact an infectious disease specialist with whom I have NEVER had an appointment and pay them to get my questions answered. Why would I pay to go back to see this very rude condescending individual? This was really the last straw for me and I cannot condemn her more eagerly. Avoid her!

March 15th, 2015
While hospitalized my Gastroenterologist asked Dr. Belani to examine me for a potential infectious disease. Dr. Belani gave me a thorough exam ordering all the right tests and was able to make an immediate diagnosis via exam, blood tests, etc., and start me on the medication I needed to heal my medical issue. I was in the hospital for 7 days. Dr. Belani visited and examined me during each day of my hospital stay always making it a priority to patiently ask me if I had any questions about my diagnosis or treatment. Dr. Belani is an excellent physician whom I highly recommend for anyone seeking an internist/infectious diseases specialist.

February 27th, 2015
Mr
Thanks to Dr. Belani My cellulitis is completly gone. She has good early morning hours. She has 28 yrs experience as a Doctor in Frederick. I would refer all of my family and friends to her. Great doctor.

August 12th, 2014
BUYER
jUST THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE IS GREAT. SHE SAVED MY LIFE.I RESPECT HER TOTALLY FOR ALL HER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE

November 1st, 2013
Life Saver!
In 2006, I was infected with the nocardia bacteria. This resulted in developing nocardiosis, a very rare and potentially fatal disease form which only 50% of infected people recover. Dr. Belani was relentless in developing a diagnosis for this disease: a disease that literally none of the medical staff of a large sophisticated hospital had ever seen or provided treatment. Dr. Belani’s treated and consulted with me for over 5 years. Finally as a result, I am now completely cured and living a normal life. I have no doubt that had is not been for Dr. Belani’s absolute dedication and professional skill, I would not be here to write this review. I see that some see rudeness in her practice. Perhaps that was their experience. My experience was quite the opposite. I’m convinced that some patients confuse rudeness for being direct and clear regarding an unwelcomed diagnosis and recommended treatment.

September 23rd, 2013
What a terrible experience. This doctor missed obvious signs that her treatment of a serious infection was inadequate (daily fevers despite IV meds for over a week). When we asked for a referral to a larger hospital with a team of ID doctors, she argued about it and was reluctant to do so. In addition to an unprofessional and rude doctor, her staff was no better. Despite the fact that her office in punctual with appointments, she is hard to reach outside of her very early office hours. As she is the only ID doctor in Frederick, we will surely not return to FMH with concerns over infection again.

April 12th, 2013
Very rude staff and uncaring doctor
Doesn't believe that Lyme disease is real and made me feel dumb even suggesting that I had Lyme. I can't imagine a bigger waste of time than going here. Better to find a doctor that is eager to help and find the root cause of symptoms rather than one that just brushes you off.

March 21st, 2013
stiff old bitc#...female dog
Refused to treat my HIV do to admitted marijuana use. this woman is cold as ice and stuck in the Middle Ages. gave me a very limited amount of years to live 8 years later here I am better than ever save yourself the trouble find another doctor

July 9th, 2012
Horrible
Part-time family doctor at best. Very cold, rude and does not want to listen to the patient or the family. Contradicts specialists and ignores chronic issues. She only practices maybe 2 hours a day so what can you expect. Works full time at hospital as infectious disease specialist.

February 21st, 2011
LYME DOESN'T EXIST!?!
She told me, even though I've been bit more than 10 x, have had bulls-eyes rashes 3 x, lab tests positive for Lyme, have symptoms of Lyme - she doesn't think I have it!!!! Some gov't study said it doesn't exist and she can't treat for it - so the symptoms must be in my head and if treatment worked in the past it must have been placebo effect. Save your time and money - she's a joke.