Aparna Hernandez, MD
Internists, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
Windhover
Southwest Internal Medicine Specialists
5979 Vineland Rd
Ste 310
Orlando, FL 32819
407-345-0005
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

• Currently 2.4193548387097 of 4 stars
 |  Hed my warning: find another doctor.  |  show details
by Amanda A. on Sep 16th, 2014

I found Dr. Henandez through the Orlando`s list of top docs. I was hoping that by going to her I would receive top notch service. Wrong. Just like other patients have stated͵ she is rude and boy is she arrogant! Ughh. I had a probem with my hip and she basically told me I was because I was fat! Rude! She must had paid someone to be on that list. Do yourself and your family a favor and don't give not one dime to someone who treats their patients with such disrespect.

Mar 29th, 2014

Very. Arrogant. And. Condemning,doesnot. Spend. Enough. Time. To. Answer. My. Questions,seems. To. Be. More. Interested. In. Recommending. Botox. Injections. Which. My. Medical. Insurance. Does. Not. Cover,thus. This. Cash. Out. Front. To. Make. Money.when I. Was. Sick. And. Had. To. Be. Hospitalized, I was. Very. Surprised. That. She. Doesn't. Go. To. The. Hospital. Anymore. The. Doctors. In. The. Hospital. Are. Hospitality. And. Every. Day. There. Was. A. Different. Doctor.I never. Knew. Who. Was. My Attening. Doctor.

|  I am impressed!  |  show details
by Trish B. on Feb 4th, 2014

I have been going to SW Internal Medicine for over 5 years. I recently switched to Dr. Aparna Hernandez as a friend of mine is a patient of hers and has always spoken so highly of her. I was so impressed with Dr. Hernandez! I am very picky about the doctors I go to. I want the best! Dr. H. asked a lot of questions and seemed genuinely interested in my good health. She was very thorough and professional. I would HIGHLY recommend her! I also recommend the PA there. Her name is Sarah Army. It is sometime good to see Sarah for non serious illnesses or injuries.

|  Nice Staff, ARROGANT Doctor  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2013

I thought it was just me on my very first appointment. She was cold, judgmental, and embarrassed me in front of my mother in law. Although she is an excellent diagnostician, her bedside manner is non exsistant.

Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Aparna. Was. Very. Arrogant,she. Left. Me. Very. Little. Time. For. Questions it. Appeared. She. Was. More. Concerned about. Her. Next. Hair. Appointment.the. Office. Was. Loud. And disorganized. I would. Rather. Go. Somewhere else. It. Seemed. Like. The. Office. Was. More. Interested. In money. Generating. Procedures. Like. Botox. Injections.

|  Very thorough doctor and nurse practitioners!  |  show details
by Jennifer P on Jul 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Hernandez for at least 12 years. She is a very thorough doctor who sees your health as a top priority. The staff have worked there for many years and know me and greet me by name. I feel very comfortable seeing the nurse practitioners when Dr. Hernandez is not available. They are very good at what they do. It is much easier to get an appointment with a nurse practitioner than the Dr. (so it is comforting knowing I am in good hands and trust Sarah Army or Rebeccah when I need to get in that day). I would recommend Dr. Hernandez for your primary care.

|  Basic Check up  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2013

I like a doctor that you can feel comfortable with and not be judge while discussing life style or problems. To bad she isn't that kind of doctor. I was a new patient and had never meet her. I was really put off by her coldness when she entered the room, its all business. When the secession ended she just turn towards the door and walked out. No greetings or goodbyes.' All you get from her is condescending remarks. I'll be looking for another GP when the time comes. Her staff I found is very good, very friendly. She could learn from them.

Jun 8th, 2013

Dr. Hernandez. Very. Arrogant,you. Never. Get. To. See a. Doctor. Because. They. Always. Pass. You. Off. To. The. Physicians. Assistant

May 1st, 2013

Dr Hernandez is an excellent doctor............I have been going to her for years. She trully cares for her patience and there well being. Mic Romero

|  Worst experience I've ever had!  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

I have never been treated so terribly by a doctor before in my life. I don't understand why she was so rude and condescending to me. I had never met her before and during our first meeting, I felt uncomfortable, upset and insulted. I hope no one is treated this way again. I am now in search of a new PCP. No patient should ever feel the way I felt today. It's very sad and unfortunate!

Jan 17th, 2013

I was wrongly diagnosed. Dr.Hernandez prescribed medication for something I did not have which made me even more sick. Doctor is very had to be reached. Very unhappy patient!

|  Very ignorant and obssesed with people with medical insurance only  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

My wife was at Dr Phillips hospital for unknown seizure.when she was discharged from the hospital, the ristered nurse Ms Mary Noto (GOD BLESS HER)assigned us to a primary doctor Aparna Hernandez and Ms Mary told us to call and immediatley make an appointment with Southwest internal medicine service with MD Aparna Hernandez ,as soon as my wife discharged from the hospital and we called the office of Southwest Internal office to make an appointment with MD Aparna Hernandez ,we were shocked when we learned that MD aparna Hernandez will not accept us because we don't have health insurance and she accepts only people with medical insurances .We told the operator we will pay as a self payee,but she insisted that it is still not an option for MD Hernandez. You know how can someone be so ignorant and careless about prople,how can someone bring discrimnination against people with self payer and people with health insurances.Me and my wife we hated so much the fact that we have to deal with these very unprofessional and ignorant doctors who are only obsessed to see people with medical insurance. What we learned from this office is that if you have health insurance you are considered to be a human being ,without health insurance you are nothing .Unfortunately we have to go hospital again and ask the registered nurse to assign my wife a new primary doctor with some respecet and decency .I will not recommend this office to anyone

|  Horrible Office Staff  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2012

The doctor is good. If you can get to her. The office staff is horrible at relaying any messages to either the appt desk or especially the nurse. If you have a concern or a question, you will be rushed during your visit or your message will never get through to the nurse if you try to call. I have given this practice many chances to get it right. But I must take my business elsewhere. Horrible follow up. The doctor will let you know you are vitamin deficient but won't tell you what to do about it.

|  Nice and smart doctor. Horrible staff.  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

My first visit was a big disspointment with the staff. They treated me and other patients like we were a nusance, though I was a new patient I got no direction not even a welcome or a smile. I waited nearly an hour and there were no updates or concern. Overall the doctor was pretty great, but her staff was robotic and disconnected. The seating area was uncomfortable and cheaply done too.

Jun 25th, 2012

Dr.Hernandez has an excellent bedside manner. She is candid and attentive to the concerns voiced. She is warm and engaging. Proactive without being an alarmist. Additionally, I found her staff to be professional, warm and courteous.

|  Would recommend highly  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

I was in search for a good female doctor that was compassionate and very knowledgeable. I found Dr. Hernandez through a referral from a friend and will recommend her to those I know in need of a great doctor. Her office is very warm and inviting and her staff treated me very well. I have been to a few doctors and have never felt more comfortable then when I came to visit with her. I look forward to keeping her as my doctor for a very long time.

May 3rd, 2012

My first appt. w/Dr. Hernandez was a terrible experience, particuilarly with her unprofessional communication 'skills'. So many details but suffice it to say I would be hard-pressed to go back. I'm definitely looking for a good obgyn/family practice FEMALE doc on this side of town; 'hard to find!

Mar 20th, 2012

I have never had to deal with a staff so un-professional in my life. They seem great until you actually get sick and need their help. I called to ask a question about my antibiotics and was on hold for 45 minutes. When someone finally returned my call, they were disgustingly rude and I realized they weren't worth my time. Long story short, I will never go back to them again.

Mar 5th, 2011

Bedside manners need work. Came off as very judgmental and difficult to talk to. Made assumptions before understanding my situation and proceeded to probe me with the same questions multiple times, as if I was lying. Overall, I felt very uncomfortable and found her to be pretentious. Will not be coming back...

|  Changing This Doctor Immediately  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

Was admitted to one of her affiliated hospitals three times over five days. Called to see if she could admit me or help with diagnosis and was told by receptionist to just go to emergency each time where I had to wait six hours to be re-admitted. Tried to see her on sixth day for follow-up care but she was "not available" so I saw PA (who is very nice). Was told to take some meds and come back in six months. She was outside door when I was with PA (looking in) but never bothered to come in and ask how I was. No follow-up on hospital records that were forwarded to her. Needless to say I am in the process of finding a doctor who cares.

Jul 22nd, 2010

Her bedside manner is terrible. The whole time she was talking to me like I'm an idiot, just because I was taking my former doctor's advice. I would never recommend her!

Jun 18th, 2010

she is a to hard to get into she rescheduled my appt more then 3 times in an avarage of 6 months...her PA ended up seen me instead of Dr.H wats the point of having a physician if you end up been push to a doctors assistant ???

by H. Winn on May 27th, 2010

This is a Doctor who cares about her patients and alwasy give the time needed to take care of them. Also, she is always professionally ahead the curve on technology and new medicine.

|  Life saver  |  show details
by Wayne Richards on Nov 12th, 2009

The Greatest.Thanks Dr. H, you are making a difference. Sorry that I had to leave Orlando....

Oct 1st, 2009

She is amazing! Very caring and concerned.. great diagnostics and very efficient. Takes a bit of time to get an appt with her; but worth the wait. Her PA is terrific too :)

|  A great doc and co-worker  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2009

I worked with Dr. Hernandez while being a nurse at a local hospital. She is a great human being and she does listens. As her pt, I only saw her maybe 2 times while the rest of the times I was seen by her assistants, which they were also great.

|  Caring and Compassionate  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2009

Dr. Hernandez listens to you and you do not feel rushed. She does not hesitate to order necessary tests. I would recommend her to everyone who needs a primary doctor.

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2009

Complete thorough examination.

|  A caring doctor is almost too popular, hard to get seen.  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2009

Aparna Hernandez, once you get face time with her, is outstanding, brilliant, and compassionate, if you can get an appointment. When you're with her you feel safe and cared for.