A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Apostolos Tambakis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Apostolos Tambakis is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Apostolos Tambakis, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tambakis graduated from Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki.
Dr. Tambakis has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
- Brookdale Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tambakis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 21 plans
- WellCare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Apostolos P. Tambakis practice?
Dr. Apostolos Tambakis practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Astoria, NY.
See Brooklyn Surgeons.