Dr. April Tyler DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Fenton, MI

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2016
Was told multiple times that my insurance would be accepted with the lab they send there labs to, Prior to getting my labs drawn! Wasn't the case at ALL! When I called them with the lab bills I was receiving that WASN'T covering the cost they proceeded to give me that lab number and Fax number and told me to take care of it? I stated why wouldn't your lab tech do that since she has my insurance information and Dr. Tyler's diagnosis codes? (I use to be a lab tech so I know how this process works) From the very first visit and testing that was done it was a problem from then on. I paid my co-pays every time I went and saw Dr. Tyler and four months after seeing her I had a bill from her office stating I owed $230.00 dollars when I called the office they stated if was from my office visits that I had thus far? I said I always paid my co-pay so still not getting why I owe you this much. Said they would look into it. I did get a call from Dr. Tyler herself apologizing for the bill and that the lab biller had been fired. Made me feel good she personally called me so kept seeing her while I thought they were taking care of the lab billing problem. Office staff never turned off the answering machine in the morning when office hours started sometimes 1 to 2 hours after they were opened. They would tell me they would call me back (when I finally did get one of them to answer the phone) the day of. Multiple times and didn't! Was also told that they would except my daughter and husband as new patients and when I called to make appointment for my husband would never call me back! They also told me that they would be getting a McLaren drop box at the office (I have McLaren insurance) for the patients who have that insurance so wouldn't have to go through big lab bills again. They NEVER followed through with that. So why would you tell me that? I heard a lot of wonderful things about Dr. Tyler and had been trying for a very long time to get in to see her and with our new insurance I finally was able to see her. I personally liked Dr. Tyler she made me feel comfortable. Office staff not so much the last time I saw her I had ANOTHER lab test and again insurance didn't cover the lab it was sent to! I haven't been back, had called and expressed my concerns with office staff about billing and not getting called back with answers to my questions. They have NEVER called me in over a year to say your due for a physical NOTHING! I will not recommend anyone to go see her. I did express my problems with the office staff, not turning off answering machine during office hours, not getting answers to my questions regarding my HUGE lab bills personally to Dr. Tyler directly. Nothing changed so she was aware of the problem and to me just didn't care.

September 23rd, 2015
In today's day, to have a Dr. Spend time with you is rare,But Dr.Tyler takes her time with you...very concerned about you. She's kind,and she cares.I highly recommend her,and so glad I found her.

April 8th, 2015
Dr Tyler was amazing!

March 31st, 2015
I ignored the negative reviews and went in , saw young girls standing around an open chart acting like they didn't know what to do; They offered to call me and schedule my first appointment. I never received the call, so I called the office and again no response...don't have to hit me with a brick, I got the picture!

July 11th, 2014
Some of you people are ridiculous. For many people there is no solution or fix for a problem other than taking medications. Treating pain is no different than any other condition. Some people have to stay on narcotics. They didn't choose that, but sometimes it's the only option. Dependence is different than abuse. Don't judge those who live with chronic pain. We didn't ask for it.

January 24th, 2013
patient
it is easy to make appointments and Dr Tyler has seen me several times without an appointment. She spends time to hear what is wrong with me and listens to me. Her staff is very polite and i have only to the most waited 10 mins. in the waiting room but that was without an appointment most of the time it is 5 mins or less. Dr Tyler has helped me out more in the short time that i have been a patient than my last doctor in years. i would recommend Dr Tyler to anyone she is very nice and a good doctor..

November 1st, 2016