Dr. Ara Dikranian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 14th, 2016
Dr. Dikranian is a very compassionate and empathetic doctor. He takes the time to listen to you.

November 15th, 2013
Knowledgeable, caring, collaborative
I have been going to Dr. Dikranian for years. He diagnosed my condition after years that no one else could. Being respectful of time I come prepared with questions and address concerns by priority. My level of trust is matched by his expertise and honesty to say what is known and what is not known about autoimmune disease. There is a "managed care time limit atmosphere" throughout the office that can be stressful but once you are talking with Dr. Dikranian you would never know it. He is consice, decisive and compassionate. The large scope of their practice requires patience when dealing with the front office and calls back but it is always worth it for the care received by Dr. Dikranian.

March 19th, 2013
finally a good doctor
Finally I found a doctor who is not only knowledgable, respected by his peers, but portrays true compassion, always smiling, puts me at ease, always prompt, I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to see him. I feel better every time I go to see him. The office staff has improved significantly.

November 7th, 2012
nurse
terrible follow up. never give results of their lab test even when promised.

September 1st, 2012
Worst office staff ever plus...
worst office staff ever! their fax machine never works and if it does, the doctor NEVER gets what's faxed to him. He doesn't care. The office manager doesn't care. The staff doesn't know what they're doing and it takes over a week to get a call back, if they do call back. The doctor doesn't talk much. Never offers suggestions about what to do..never orders the correct rheumatological blood tests. Plus the elevator doesn't work many times and the staff doesn't call the patients to tell them. Not everyone can do those stairs.

December 16th, 2011
I could not have asked for a more caring, compassionate doctor. Best care I've received anywhere!

November 28th, 2011
Worst office staff ever!
After reading the reviews I almost passednon him, but decided it was probably just one disgrintled patient. BOY I WISH I WOULD HAVE GONE ELSEWHERE! He prescribed some drugs, but the directiosn were not clear. So I called but could not get through. Left 2 voicemails which were returned after 12 days!Second visit he said he would have my X-rays sent to his office. Never happened. Went in for my follow-up but could not do anything for lack of X-rays. Said he would make sure they were ordered this time. 2 weeksa later I called the transfering doctor so see if the X-rays were ordered. NOT! The doctor called for address verification but got voicemail. After a wek, still no return call. So I had them sent. Office staff blamed everyone else. No appologies!Total waste of my time and energy. Go elswhere.

September 26th, 2011
fed up!
The worst lupus doctor i have ever had! His staff is unfriendly and rude, also when you need to see him they dont call back and you cant get in.

June 10th, 2011
Dr. Dikranian is a great doctor but the fron office ladies in the San Diego office(especially Pearla)are very rushed, unprofessional, incompetent and rude. I asked my pharmacy to call for a refill and it took two days for a med assistant to call back. When my prescription was called in it was an incorrect dosage and frequency - very dangerous. Forget about talking with the office manager. You will soon find out where the incompetency comes from. If you go to or call this office be prepared to ask for a script for stress. You'll need it by the time you ever get to see the doctor.

April 26th, 2011
Amazing!
What an amazing doctor. He is ALWAYS on time. First doctor ever that if I arrive early and he doesn't have a patient waiting he will see me. First doctor ever that I havn't had to wait to see. First doctor ever that really listens to you. He is an amazing person and an awesome doctor. Excellent bedside manner. A true GEM!!!

December 6th, 2010
Hes a really great Dr.
Dr. Dikranian has always been respectable and very professonal. He listens and addresses my concerns. I'm very thankful that he has helped me though my fibromyalgia.

November 3rd, 2010
Dr. D is a bright and caring physician.