A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ara Tilkian:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ara Tilkian is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ara Tilkian, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Tilkian graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Tilkian has 14 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tilkian accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ara G. Tilkian practice?
Dr. Ara Tilkian practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Van Nuys, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Mission Hills, CA and Los Angeles, CA.
See Van Nuys Internists and Van Nuys Cardiologists.