Dr. Ara Yeretsian MD Patient Reviews

2.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 3rd, 2016
Dr. Yeretsian has been my doctor for several years. He has been correct in my diagnosis; adult ADD with tendency of bipolar & anxiety. He has patiently worked with me to get the correct meds to help with the bipolar/anxiety issues. He has helped & encouraged activities to help deal with the ADD (no medicine prescribed)so he is not a pill pusher. Along with the mental issues, he has also sent me to specialists to help with other physical problems such as sleep apnea, and diabetes. It has been a very positive experience with a doctor looking at the "whole" of me to help make me a healthier , happier, individual. Yes, he can be tough at times but I'm not looking for a doctor to hold my hand but to be honest & to help me improve on health issues. He jokes around, has been very kind.

May 20th, 2015
Dr. Yeretsian is not a pill pusher. He has taken the time to make sure that my health issues are tended to because they could very well be causing my psych issues. He has referred me to appropriate specialist and after feedback from them he has been targeting the areas that he specializes in to help my emotional problems.

January 8th, 2015
stay away
Stay Away

June 11th, 2014
Good doctor gone bad
I think he use to be a good doctor in his day but he has issues! Same experience with talking down to you, mean and hard to understand. Most every patient in waiting room look dead or like a zombie. He is a licensed drug dealer like most of them. Hard to find a good doctor of any kind these days. They move you through like cattle so they can pay thier overhead! Doctors are no longer challenged by helping people like they took oathe to. Not all their fault, it's because of the government, insurance companies etc.

June 15th, 2013
I walked in with problems and walked out feeling like I was verbally attacked.THIS MAN DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS.
I Walked in this mans office scared and lost.I walked out scared, lost, confused, verbally beaten up and HURT.I literally cried.I thought I could finally get some answers.I got scripts and JUDGED.I felt WORTHLESS AND FRIGHTENED.Now what?I have never been HUSHED by a doctor in my life.Several visits later.HE'S ACTUALLY WORSE.For those of you who somehow found ONE OUNCE of respect for him, Perhaps you have something in common with him.HE HATES ME and all I did was take my Insurance companys advice and try to get help.HE HAS NO CONCEPT OF HUMAN EMOTION.I felt ATTACKED verbally.I have never seen anybody SO UNKIND AND UNCARING.I don't know how this person keeps his practice open.DO NOT GO HERE.I'm DONE with that man thank God.

February 17th, 2013
Left me feeling much worse after seeing him for a period of time.
This doctor allowed me very little input or comment into my treatment; what he said usually went. Little regard was shown to what I felt was happening in my own body. He pushed hard for bariatric surgery, which I KNOW is not right for me. He asked little about the medication that he prescribed me, and would simply type out prescriptions, stand, and hand them to me on our way out.

April 30th, 2012
Stay Away!
This Dr is horrible. Told me I was depressed because I was overweight and suggested gastric bypass surgery. I weigh 150 pounds, subtract 100 = 50 pounds?!? My regular Dr said NO WAY, as I'm nowhere near 100 pounds overweight. Dr Yeretsian made me feel WORSE and I was already depressed :/

November 8th, 2011
VERY WELL EDUCATED DOCTOR
This dr knows his stuff. Been going to him for over 5 years. Hes way smarter then you. Hes worth 100 times more than we or insurances pays. Have had several other dr. (17) HES THE MAN

February 8th, 2011
This guy is a joke
I would not see this guy if you are looking for help , a diagnosis or anything for that matter. I saw him (not by choice- but b/c its whom my insurance network reffered me to). The guy doesn't speak fluent english and studders while talking which makes it hard for anyone expecially me to understand him. His office staff are inconsiderate , rude and unapproachable, the office is stuffing, outdated , filthy and crammed for space.

October 26th, 2010
a pill doctor..yells and talks down to you..I was worse than when I first came..thank goodness I found my present doctor.

June 25th, 2010
Excellent Physician
This doctor is very intelligent. His years of experience show through in his correct diagnosis and wonderful advice. I have been a patient for about 5 years and I would recommend any of my loved ones to see him if they were going through a rough time. Dr. Yeretsian has changed my life dramatically. He has come in early and "fit me in" to his schedule when I needed to talk. He has a great deal of patience with his patients. He is very encouraging and does not talk down to his patients at all. If you or someone in your family needs to see a psychiatrist, I would definitely give Dr. Yeretsian a chance. He could change your life too!

June 1st, 2010
Addictionologist- YEA RIGHT!
This was and continues to be the worst doctor the we have ever seen. This doctor was "assigned" to our son by our "hmo network" and was told to us that he was a "great doctor" with experience in the ADD and adictionalogy field. Our son has seen this doctor numerous times with not even some verbal help. No medicine has been prescribed, and to make matters worse, you can barely understand the doctor as he has some sort of speech disorder (possibly) caused by a stroke). My son comes out of each appointment discouraged and pist off. Says that he can't understand the doctor and all he does is ask questions with no help! To top it off, the waiting room is very small, and not so clean. The office staff are in jean and t-shirts, greasy hair, dirty nails and the list goes on. I would not go to this doctor if I were you!