inactive

Arash Akhavan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

April 9th, 2016
Excellent Doctor & Practice
I've been a patient of Dr. Akhavan's for a few years now and I have never had anything but other than a great experience at the office. I've also had a chance to see the other doctors there as well who are just as excellent.

February 14th, 2014
Not thrilled
Saw him a week and a half ago for case of shingles. He spent very little time with a minimum of explanation and assistant (who was present in the room much of the time) was courteous but inattentive. She later called with incorrect test results, mixing me up with another patient, and I'm still waiting for her followup answers to a question I had for the doctor. I collected my paperwork and went to another dermatologist who I probably should have seen in the first place and who was the perfect combination of bedside manner, attentiveness, and concern that is lacking here. Nothing will go wrong here but you can do much better.

March 21st, 2011
Thorough!
Was referred by friends who also see him. I found him to be very thorough, he explained everything very clearly, answered questions and was a good listener. Very professional. Also, his office was organized and calm. Cannot comment on follow-up until I actually have the follow-up.

February 14th, 2011
Thourough and Professional
Best physician experience I have had in Manhattan. Personable doctor- he also took his time to explain everything to me very fully.

December 16th, 2010
Smart man. Cured a problem I have had for years in a few minutes. Owe him a great deal...

November 11th, 2009
Saw for my first skin cancer check-up with him. Was very thourough. Answered all my questions. Was charming and pleasant. Would recommend him to my friends.

October 25th, 2009
Competent, professional, thorough. Accomplished a lot in a very short time.But, he stood up during the visit and I left not entirely sure what to do to treat my psoriasis in areas where I couldn't use the prescribed meds. After waiting 45 minutes, I wanted a less quick visit. Can't say if I am to return or not.

April 3rd, 2009
Excellent
Very knowledgable and friendly doctor.

May 1st, 2008
Thought he examined my skin problems thoroughly. Took the time to listen and understand. Seems knowledgeable. If you need lasers, then I don't think he has much equipment or experience. Actually referred me to other doctors for laser issues. I found him to be a little snooty and condescending, but most Mount Sinai doctors are like that. If you want a doctor who going to be your pal, then he's definitely not it. He's a little stiff, but not rude. Seemed to me that mole removal was his specialty.

November 29th, 2007
Absolutely amazing! I felt more comfortable with Dr. A than I do with my gyno., which is saying a lot because I love my gyno. WOuld highly recommend! Spent so much time with me and answered every question I had.