Dr. Arash Mahdavi DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 10th, 2015
Best! !!
He was extremely nice. And by far the most amazing carog doctor we have ever came across. He is attentive and very detailed.

December 29th, 2014
Great surgen

September 8th, 2013
A skilled gem of a surgeon
My father was rushed to Hoag after a night of severe cramping and abdominal pain. After several tests, it was discovered that he had to have his gall bladder taken out right away. Dr. Mahdavi was very good about explaining the procedure to us and keeping us at peace about it. Right before the surgery and immediately after, he kept us informed on everything so that we didn't have to worry or feel anxious. He was warm, compassionate and everything that a great doctor should be. Even following the surgery he continued to keep us informed on my day's recovery and stays which was comforting and refreshing. I have never experienced such concern and care from any doctor. This man is a treasure.

September 4th, 2013
I found the office staff to be rude, inconsiderate, and condescending. The doctor would frequently show up late to appointments and their office hours are highly inconvenient. I would not recommend a visit to this doctor or his office.

March 7th, 2011
Great physician and humanitarian
Dr Mahdavi is very caring and only has the patients best interest in mind. He is very compassionate and a very skilled surgeon. Following colon cancer surgery, we were devastated and Dr Mahdavi was very understanding and spent whatever time we needed to fully explain the surgery, prognosis etc. When a second surgery was needed Dr Mahdavi referred us to a cancer surgeon in San Diego. His integrity is top notch and he is truly a very kind and caring human being.

February 4th, 2011
Insurance Coverage
Doctor does not belong to any insurance plans as shown on this profile. He performed emergency gall-bladder surgery but billed a very high fee for his services since there was no insurance plan (he is Out-of-Network to all patients) to manage the cost.

August 17th, 2009
Gall Bladder removal
I saw Dr. Arash the same day I called for an appointment. He spent as much time as I needed to answer all my questions - he even drew me a diagram of what the procedure would consist of and explained me the risks involved. I found him to be personable and straight forward.

March 5th, 2017