Dr. Arash Vishteh MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Tempe, AZ

4.8

February 6th, 2017
Dr. Vishteh is amazing
Dr. Vishteh performed by back surgery in 2010 and I couldn't be happier. I am SO happy that I found Dr. Vishteh after years of struggling with different doctors.

November 25th, 2016
Dr Vishteh came highly recommended to me by a friend just in time. My back pain was worsening almost daily to the point I could barely walk. I had tried the chiropractor, PT visits and the shots, nothing worked. My wife called the office and was amazed at the immediate help Debi was offering. She listening carefully and within an hour had the Dr view my MRI, checked my insurance and had an appointment within days. My spinal stenosis surgery was successful, I now have my life back. PAIN-FREE!

September 15th, 2016
My experience
I like a doctor's office that is well organized and efficient. That tells me that their efficiency and organization start from the top. I was seen in a timely manner, sent to have X-rays in the same building and back with my films for Dr Vishteh within an hours time. Dr Vishteh looked at my films, came back into the room and gave his recommendations. He listened carefully to my issues and answered all my questions without making me feel like he was in a rush.

July 13th, 2016
Would highly recomment
Dr. Vishteh did a C5-7 fusion surgery on me in April. I sought multiple opinions and did lots of research before ending up back with Dr. Vishteh. Just completed my final check up and everything looks perfect. Surgery was a breeze - I was up walking that afternoon and walked 4 miles the next day! Missed only 2 days of work. Saw Dr. Vishteh after a referral from my PCP, and also two different neighbors who owned physical therapy offices - they both felt his fusion was very solid and he would only operate if absolutely necessary.

May 18th, 2016
Dr. Vishteh
I am patient of Dr. Vishteh. I am also, by career, a Certified Surgical Assistant. This in mind, I am very aware of how to choose a physician. I chose Dr. Vishteh because of having had the opportunity to see him "in action" in surgery, by his impressive credentials and education and because of the rapport I saw established between himself, the patient and the surgical staff. This rapport carried forward into his practice as well. His staff is experienced and professional. He answered all questions and I felt a great trust in him. Needless to say, He was the surgeon on whom I placed confidence for my neck spinal surgery (Disc removal, bone graft, fixation plates and screws). My surgery went "textbook" if you will, and I was up and around within hours of the procedure. I went home the next morning, and NEVER took so much as one pain pill during the entire recovery period. The numbness and tingling in my arm was relieved immediately, and has not returned in the least. I have sent others to Dr. Vishteh. He performed surgery on a friend and she did great as well. Yes, I sing his praises. My only regret was not having had the surgery done sooner. I recommend Dr. Vishteh to anyone having spinal issues or in need of brain surgery. Great guy- terrific surgeon.

May 15th, 2016
Skilled, compassionate surgeon
Dr. Vishteh saved my life so of course I have a positive opinion. What really sets him apart, however, was his attention to me as an individual. He was the only provider of many specialists seen that provided comprehensive education on my recovery. His office staff (Dana) is also easily accessible and very friendly and helpful. I would give 6 stars if it were an option!

February 2nd, 2016
Dr. Vishteh removed a cancerous tumor from the interior of my skull. His skill was beyond reproach. I am grateful he has been my doctor. Often I think of how he and his staff made every turn of events as pleasant and healing an occasion as could be achieved. My questions and concerns were answered fully to my satisfaction. I never felt abandoned but did feel like family. There's a lot of drudgery in this world but this doctor and his staff are an oasis.

February 1st, 2016
the doctor's doctor
I chose Dr. Vishteh for a third opinion regarding my mother’s neck condition for two important reasons (my mom had chosen the first two surgeons on her own and was not satisfied): 1) I had overheard him talking with his patients on several occasions and I like his bedside manner- genuine and compassionate with a special ability to really connect with his patients. I wasn’t intentionally eavesdropping on him- I do some of my surgeries at the same hospital as he does, and I was taking care of my own patients in the same area (the pre- and post-operative bays are quite close to each other). 2) Dr. Vishteh has God-given surgical skills. He has been nationally recognized for operating on some of the most challenging neurosurgery cases, and has been featured in our hospital publications many times-so he has an excellent reputation; but, the real proof is that nurses and doctors go to him and send their family members to him when they need surgery. Having a surgeon who ultimately took the time to listen to my mom, review her MRI with her, and answer all of her questions in a very clear and caring manner was the key to her ears and heart. I think he spent well over an hour with us. He was just as patient and accommodating on subsequent visits. (My mom is one tough customer and believes that she has her own special kind of medical degree, having raised two physicians) Here is a little known doctor secret: forget what the primary care doctors know (or think they know) about surgeons. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologist, and other surgeons are in the operating room, and actually see who the best surgeons are! Bottom line: * A very talented surgeon, likeable, courteous, and down to earth. * Takes time with his patients, is excellent at explaining his recommendations, has great bedside manner. *Ethical- If you don’t need surgery, Dr. Vishteh is not going to talk you into it and if you do need surgery, you are in the best possible hands. He’s the doctor’s doctor!

January 14th, 2016
I had to have emergency spinal surgery with Dr Vishteh as my surgeon. He explained everything in detail to myself and my wife, he was genuinely concerned about my me from the moment he saw me in the emergency room until the time I went home. He spoke to my wife and eased her mind in regards to any complications having to do with my surgery and recovery. He and is office staff are very attentive to their patient needs and are just so very nice! I would recommend Dr. Vishteh to anyone who needs this specialty surgery.

December 5th, 2015
Twice in the recent past couple years I have needed a neurological surgeon and was blessed to have Arash Gianni Vishteh, MD available to me. I have worked at a trauma center for 30 years and I knew the great caliber of a surgeon that Dr. Vishteh was, but I also found that he was so much more. He is a man close to God which, for me, is a virtue I greatly appreciated and admired. He has a soothing demeanor and is patient and thorough in explaining what the patient needs to know. The first time I needed him, I required cervical disk surgery and the procedure was a great success with full recovery. The second time I needed him, I was in the Emergency Room with a head injury and I asked the staff to please call Dr. Vishteh. They informed me that he was not on-call for the ER that night. I was really disappointed. However, once I was admitted to the ICU, shortly thereafter I looked up and saw Dr. Vishteh coming down the hallway towards my room. That is the type of surgeon he is! It would be a great negligence on my part if I did not recognize Dr. Vishteh's excellent staff and, in particular, Dana. Every time I have called her, and in the beginning it was many times, she generally answered the telephone on the first ring and if there was a problem that needed to be resolved, she took it upon herself to make sure that the problem at hand was resolved! In short, I have only the highest regards and respect for Dr. Arash Gianni Vishteh and I thank God that he has been in my life when I needed him.

October 1st, 2015
Outstanding neurosurgeon!
Dr. Vishteh is a truly outstanding neurosurgeon! I suffered agonizing pain as the result of a herniated disc at L1-2. He quickly admitted me to the hospital, ordered/reviewed my MRI and resected the offending disc all in a very timely fashion. He demonstrated exceptional skill as a surgeon and was extremely thoughtful and compassionate throughout my entire hospitalization. I was back on my feet in just a few days and back at work in only a few weeks. I highly recommend him to others with back problems. In fact, I referred my father to him several years ago for treatment of spinal stenosis. My father did extremely well under his care and no longer suffers from the debilitating effects of this condition.

September 23rd, 2015
Dr. Vishteh performed surgery on my son Jonathan. Jonathan was diagnosed a quadriplegic after a tragic car accident. This was almost the worst news a parent could hear. Dr. Vishteh was direct with us and told us what to expect. He also never took away hope. Hope was what we needed and Dr. Vishteh kept hope alive. He also kept our son alive. He performed an amazing surgery that led to a miracle. Jonathan could walk within two months . He has continued to stay in touch with our family and keep track of Jonathan progress. We could not have asked for a more skilled and compassionate doctor .