Dr. Arash Vishteh, MD
Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Vito Mussomeli on Feb 2nd, 2016

Dr. Vishteh removed a cancerous tumor from the interior of my skull. His skill was beyond reproach. I am grateful he has been my doctor. Often I think of how he and his staff made every turn of events as pleasant and healing an occasion as could be achieved. My questions and concerns were answered fully to my satisfaction. I never felt abandoned but did feel like family. There's a lot of drudgery in this world but this doctor and his staff are an oasis.

the doctor's doctor show details the doctor's doctor
by fellow surgeon on Feb 1st, 2016

I chose Dr. Vishteh for a third opinion regarding my mother’s neck condition for two important reasons (my mom had chosen the first two surgeons on her own and was not satisfied): 1) I had overheard him talking with his patients on several occasions and I like his bedside manner- genuine and compassionate with a special ability to really connect with his patients. I wasn’t intentionally eavesdropping on him- I do some of my surgeries at the same hospital as he does, and I was taking care of my own patients in the same area (the pre- and post-operative bays are quite close to each other). 2) Dr. Vishteh has God-given surgical skills. He has been nationally recognized for operating on some of the most challenging neurosurgery cases, and has been featured in our hospital publications many times-so he has an excellent reputation; but, the real proof is that nurses and doctors go to him and send their family members to him when they need surgery. Having a surgeon who ultimately took the time to listen to my mom, review her MRI with her, and answer all of her questions in a very clear and caring manner was the key to her ears and heart. I think he spent well over an hour with us. He was just as patient and accommodating on subsequent visits. (My mom is one tough customer and believes that she has her own special kind of medical degree, having raised two physicians) Here is a little known doctor secret: forget what the primary care doctors know (or think they know) about surgeons. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologist, and other surgeons are in the operating room, and actually see who the best surgeons are! Bottom line: * A very talented surgeon, likeable, courteous, and down to earth. * Takes time with his patients, is excellent at explaining his recommendations, has great bedside manner. *Ethical- If you don’t need surgery, Dr. Vishteh is not going to talk you into it and if you do need surgery, you are in the best possible hands. He’s the doctor’s doctor!

by Matthew Daley on Jan 14th, 2016

I had to have emergency spinal surgery with Dr Vishteh as my surgeon. He explained everything in detail to myself and my wife, he was genuinely concerned about my me from the moment he saw me in the emergency room until the time I went home. He spoke to my wife and eased her mind in regards to any complications having to do with my surgery and recovery. He and is office staff are very attentive to their patient needs and are just so very nice! I would recommend Dr. Vishteh to anyone who needs this specialty surgery.

by Leticia M. Clark on Dec 5th, 2015

Twice in the recent past couple years I have needed a neurological surgeon and was blessed to have Arash Gianni Vishteh, MD available to me. I have worked at a trauma center for 30 years and I knew the great caliber of a surgeon that Dr. Vishteh was, but I also found that he was so much more. He is a man close to God which, for me, is a virtue I greatly appreciated and admired. He has a soothing demeanor and is patient and thorough in explaining what the patient needs to know. The first time I needed him, I required cervical disk surgery and the procedure was a great success with full recovery. The second time I needed him, I was in the Emergency Room with a head injury and I asked the staff to please call Dr. Vishteh. They informed me that he was not on-call for the ER that night. I was really disappointed. However, once I was admitted to the ICU, shortly thereafter I looked up and saw Dr. Vishteh coming down the hallway towards my room. That is the type of surgeon he is! It would be a great negligence on my part if I did not recognize Dr. Vishteh's excellent staff and, in particular, Dana. Every time I have called her, and in the beginning it was many times, she generally answered the telephone on the first ring and if there was a problem that needed to be resolved, she took it upon herself to make sure that the problem at hand was resolved! In short, I have only the highest regards and respect for Dr. Arash Gianni Vishteh and I thank God that he has been in my life when I needed him.

True HEROS show details True HEROS
by Eastman on Nov 28th, 2015

I just submitted a review and accidentally submitted 4 stars. This office deserves every star in the sky. I tried calling vitals 800 number; and just got an automated marketing cruise survey. Warm regards, Christine Eastman, RN

Dr. Arash G Vishteh MD show details Dr. Arash G Vishteh MD
by Dr. Charles Goldstein on Nov 16th, 2015

As a fellow physician, I have known Dr. Vishteh professionally and personally for more than12 years. Dr. Vishteh is an accomplished physician and neurosurgeon. He is a compassionate and caring person. In addition, I can speak to his excellence as a surgeon on a personal level. I was the beneficiary of his care when he performed back surgery on me about a year ago, and I can only say that my results were outstanding. I feel I can recommend him without reservation. Charles Goldstein, MD

Outstanding neurosurgeon! show details Outstanding neurosurgeon!
by Peter M. Steinberg, MD on Oct 1st, 2015

Dr. Vishteh is a truly outstanding neurosurgeon! I suffered agonizing pain as the result of a herniated disc at L1-2. He quickly admitted me to the hospital, ordered/reviewed my MRI and resected the offending disc all in a very timely fashion. He demonstrated exceptional skill as a surgeon and was extremely thoughtful and compassionate throughout my entire hospitalization. I was back on my feet in just a few days and back at work in only a few weeks. I highly recommend him to others with back problems. In fact, I referred my father to him several years ago for treatment of spinal stenosis. My father did extremely well under his care and no longer suffers from the debilitating effects of this condition.

by David Jogerst on Sep 23rd, 2015

Dr. Vishteh performed surgery on my son Jonathan. Jonathan was diagnosed a quadriplegic after a tragic car accident. This was almost the worst news a parent could hear. Dr. Vishteh was direct with us and told us what to expect. He also never took away hope. Hope was what we needed and Dr. Vishteh kept hope alive. He also kept our son alive. He performed an amazing surgery that led to a miracle. Jonathan could walk within two months . He has continued to stay in touch with our family and keep track of Jonathan progress. We could not have asked for a more skilled and compassionate doctor .

Sep 21st, 2015

Thankfully, I didn't need surgery during my hospitalization. But, Dr. Vishteh's care and explanations were very reassuring. I can absolutely recommend him.

by JB on Sep 15th, 2015

I had a freak accident back in 2010 and broke my neck. Dr. Vishteh was on call that night - luckily for me. He patiently went through my options and explained everything to me and my family. We ultimately went with the neck fusion. I owe my quality of life to Dr. Vishteh and will be forever grateful. Dr. Vishteh and his staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly recommend him.

this guy gave me my father back show details this guy gave me my father back
by Gerald Peiser, D.O. on Sep 9th, 2015

I have worked with Dr. Vishteh for over a decade as an anesthesiologist. I have been impressed enough to refer my own father to him for neurosurgery, with a textbook result of profound improvement in quality of life. Don't know what else to say.

Sep 5th, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Vishteh! He is brilliant, caring, and highly skilled. He goes above and beyond most doctors researching your case and determining the best course of treatment. A

Lifesaver show details Lifesaver
by Travis Warrick on Aug 27th, 2015

Dr. Vishteh is truly a lifesaver. On May 1st of 2013 I sustained a terrible rodeo injury. I broke a few bones in my face as well as fractured parts of my skull. With no family present or even in state, Dr. Vishteh made the life saving decision to go ahead with surgery without my family's consent. His quickness to make this decision simply saved my life. He preformed and emergency craniotomy and completed a very successful operation. This doctor as well as staff are hands down some of the greatest people I've ever met. Shortly after my surgery I was back to rodeoing and fighting bulls. I occasionally hear from Dr. Vishteh and its always great to catch up. I am honored to call this great man not only my doctor and friend but also my hero. Thank you Doc Travis Warrick

Outstanding Dr. & Surgeon show details Outstanding Dr. & Surgeon
by Barbara M. on Aug 27th, 2015

My experience was phenomenal. Spinal fusion..he was informative, gracious, sympathetic, professional. His demeanor in the hospital was efficient, competent & that of a skillful practitioner who had empathy for his patients & respect for the nursing & physical therapy staff. A fine human being in all his endeavors.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
by Jeff Laibe on Aug 23rd, 2015

From the first visit he was very attentive to my needs and problems. I have very serious back issues and Dr Vishteh has given me my life back. He has always treated me with dignity and respect. Dr Visteh performed 4 back surgeries on me and always explained everything to me. He went over all the Mri's in detail and was never rushed. He answered every question and did every treatment possible before jumping to surgery. I WOULD TRULY RECOMMEND DR VISHTEH HE IS A VERY CARING HUMAN BEING AND A GREAT DOCTOR..

by Kathryn Friedman on Aug 21st, 2015

Dr. Vishteh was very courteous and gave me the best care. He took the time to show me the CT scans, MRIs, etc. and explained in detail the results. He made arrangements for physical therapy and follow up visits.

Excellent choice for expert care--- Don't let Tempe notation fool you, practices in Phoenix/ Scottsdale area. show details Excellent choice for expert care--- Don't let Tempe notation fool you, practices in Phoenix/ Scottsdale area.
by Mary C Phoenix Az on Aug 21st, 2015

I am a nurse practitioner who has worked in health care (ICU, trauma centers,etc) for many years. When I experienced back pain coupled with numbness in my foot I did what most would do-- saw my primary care provider and obtained and MRI. I then sought the opinion of someone I trusted: Dr. Vishteh. Within moments of looking at my MRI Dr. Vishteh had identified the problem. Not only did he review the studies with me he also offered options for treatment that did not include surgery plus advised what not to do as some treatment could worsen the condition. Ultimately I did need surgery. When I woke up, yes my back hurt alittle (from the incision/surgery) but for the first time in over about 6 months I did not have pain and numbness in my leg. I received excellent care while in the hospital and during my follow up visits. Dr. Vishteh's office staff was wonderful-- I had some issues with my insurance company and Dr. Vishteh's office staff and billing person were always very polite and very helpful. They did not call me to ask about payment-- I called them when I got notices from insurance company and they were already in contact with the insurance to resolve the issue. Obviously I would hope to not need services of a neurosurgeon again but if I did-- Dr. Vishteh would be my choice.

Aug 15th, 2015

Both Dr. Vishteh and his staff are professional and helpful. I would highly recommend one consult with Dr. Vishteh before considering surgery...

Aug 13th, 2015

Dr. Vishteh is the most caring Dr. I have ever met. He has always taken the time to answer all my questions before and after surgery. I couldn't of asked for a better surgeon.

Oct 8th, 2014

Dr Visteh is a very good surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and a very honest doctor.

patient show details patient
by Rick Hamrick on Mar 15th, 2011

Exelent Dr. After going to a so called pain Dr. to find my problem and winding up in hospitol from screw up only to go to hospitol from so much pain Dr. Vishteh looked at the same MRI and found the problem A Dics pushing on the spinal chord trying to paralize me, the other Dr. was treating the symptom, Dr. Vishteh found the problem an treated that

by The Smith's on Jul 4th, 2010

I have never dealt with his office or staff so I cannot rate them. I dealt with him in the ICU of John C. Lincoln Hospital and have to say he is the best doctor I have ever dealt with, he is very understanding, explains everthing in an easy to understand way and he saved my husband. He is just an excellent doctor.

One of the best in the valley show details One of the best in the valley
Aug 8th, 2008

This guy is very talented, and won't do the surgery unless you need it. Excellent doctor.