Dr. Archana Bhanu Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Archana Bhanu?

Posted on August 9th, 2016

I think this email I sent her says more than any rant into the void can. It is only one of many bad experiences with this doctor. It is actually the last. I've been in contact with your nurse Rosie all morning trying to get an order for an mri. My knee is worse not better. The swelling is worse and the pain has spread down my leg to the whole lateral side of my calf. I have iced, elevated and been using a brace for support as you suggested. The consult you ordered can not see me till Sept 20th which is almost 2 months away. Without knowing the cause there is no way to know how to properly treat it. The treatment recommendations listed earlier haven't improved the condition of my knee. Should I get physical therapy? What kind of physical therapy? Am I ok to work on it? I'm an RN at a hospital which has me on my feet for almost the entire 12 hour shift. I feel that without the knowledge of what is injured I am at a very high risk of re-injuring myself and making this worse than it already is. The most unsettling thing about this whole situation is that you, my doctor are ok with me being in pain, not knowing what's wrong and leaving this injury untreated for 2 more months when it is getting worse not better. You took an oath to help the sick and injured not to stand by and watch. Your priorities concern me. It's hard for me to see what they even are when you will not order a test to figure out why your patient is injured. Sincerely All emails go unanswered. I always have to follow up with a phone call and her staff seems terrified of approaching her. Thanks for reading

very unsatisfied

Posted on May 13th, 2013

I went into appt expecting a good experience. Staff is friendly so far so good. My annual checkup was fast, rushed and she didnt like to talk-- didnt check my eyes, throat or legs. I came in with a symptom and she did check that and ordered a test. I asked if I could get an ankle pressure test for heart disease and she seemed upset and stated they dont do that test. She gave me paper order for blood panel tests and later I found out after getting the bill Aetna insurance no longer covered their lab on their site. No notices were posted either at lab downstairs from her office or in her office. None of her staff advised my insurance did not cover any of those costs. Having worked for many years with doctors I found that strange and neglible. She hurried me out of my appt and immediately went next door to another patient. I was so hurried I didnt get a chance to ask her for a good dermatologist since skin cancer runs all through my family as we grew up on beach . I told her front office man I would just call her later for that referral as she seemed so busy . He smiled and said not to do that as she would then make me come in for another dr appt just to give me that referral...how strange I thou ght. SO I waited for her to come out of a patients room. When I asked her she got very upset and said I didnt need to go to a dermatologist.She said (in very unfriendly and dismissive manner) that she checked me all out and I didnt have any questionable marks. I stated she never looked under my paper robe except to take my heartbeat!!!!!! She got visibly upset and her staff just bowed their heads. I told her I have spots on my upper leg and arms (which she never checked) I was concerned about. She then got inpatient and said I could get an appt with a dermatol.ogist but I would probably w ait at least 6 months for that appt. I was so uncomfortable I just said yes and left. (3 wks later I got a call from a dermatologist for an appt that next week!) During my physical I mentioned I needed an endoscopy as Kaiser in Fontana advised me during my last one 5 years prior to get another one in the next couple years as they spots that showed up but no immediate danger at that time. They gave me a paper to sign without the address which they said they would put on later. and send to Kaiser to request results of my prior endoscopy before she would even think of ordering another for me. 2 months later I get a paper back from their office stating the Kaiser in Riverside never heard of me and no records on me! (I had been having serious symptoms of something wrong in my stomach which I sha red with her during my physical. She seemed so un concerned with it all. Very dismissive! ANYWAY I had told her and her nurse it was the Kaiser in Fontana (not Riverside!) She took down my notes in the physical--but she incorrectly sent it to the wrong location of K aiser! She ordered me an ultrasound for the condition I came in for ...It took a couple weeks (which they do) and her nurse called to say she w anted me to make an appt to talk about the results of the ultrasound. I didnt want to m ake an appt as it was the worst medical experience I ever had in a doctor visit! I then called and asked her nurse to have her call me back so I could understand the results and go over any questions. She has never called me back and I called several times. I still have no idea wh a t the results are ----she wouldnt even tell me what my blood panel results were...she wanted me to make these appts to come in first. I am picking up my records and am going to choose another doctor. I have had doctors as personal friends and never in my life would I wish this doctor on someone. I didnt do anything to provoke such a nasty visit. I actually picked her as she is my age - 63--and thought she would be understanding and a good fit. I was dead wrong. I have never had any problems with doctors before.

Good and Thorough

Posted on May 9th, 2013

Excellent doctor with kind staff. Felt right at home.

Get a second opinion

Posted on July 17th, 2012

At one time I believed this Doctor, be sure to follow your gut feeling and get a second opinion.

Posted on August 23rd, 2009

THOROUGH PHYSICIAN

Posted on June 7th, 2009

Very caring and helpful person. I have known her for several years

Posted on April 29th, 2016