Overall Review

1.8

February 8th, 2016
good detail oriented care.

March 10th, 2014
Please Reconsider before choosing Dr. Shah as your PCP
My visit with Dr. Shah has been extremely disappointing on more than one occasion. At first glance, I noticed that the office was not well-maintained and had a pungent odor. My first instinct was to run in the other direction, but I decided to give it a try since I had already taken time off for the visit. After a long wait, Dr. Shah finally walked in with lunch in her hand. She continued to talk with food in her mouth. I found it to be quite disrespectful. She interrupted me several times and while evaluating me, she belched but didn't care to excuse herself. She doesn't seem to have a good clinical foundation; this was quite apparent to me as I am pursing a rigorous evidence-based clinical curriculum at one of the finest institutions in Massachusetts. Moreover, she is not keeping up with the current breakthroughs in medicine. Her bedside manner shouts unprofessional. Her attitude and behavior toward her patients is unacceptable. I recommend that she takes a CME on Practice Improvement.

July 17th, 2013
Three horrible visits
I gave her a last try after seeing her three times in the past two years and not being satisfied at all. Every visit i was left with unanswered questions, and my health cocerns were ignored and not given importance. First visit I insisted that i had a throbbig pain and burning sensationa on my left breast, she said it was normal, i said that cant be normal ; theres lumps and too much pain... The assistant nurse who stepped in said i should go to a specialist and not overlook what could be a possible breast cist or cancer. I saw a specialist on my own and they discovered a cist, but dr shah said " its normal" second visit i brought up a concern i hadfrom my first visit since she said ee can only do one thing at a time ( i was worried about my breast, and my sinuses which caused migranes and mucus ) i mentioned the sinus pain and she said it could b allergies bit did not confirm or test me to be certain ; she pretty mch said try allergy meds and nasal sprays i told her i had already done all of that and none of it worked. She insisted " it is allergies" and have me another nasal spray which had the same ingredients as all the other ones i used, told me to try it for a month and she will follow up; she never did... This last visit i brought it up again and she said the same thing so i told her if this isnt getting better i need to see a specialist and take another route because i dont want it to become something worse ( like my breast cist she said was normal meaning nothing is there) i mentioned an ENT she pretty much ignored me i also mentioned i wanted a pap exam and my belly has been swollen For more than 4 months and it hurts she just touched and said i was fine and said i didnt need a pap exam if i have the same partner ( really? ) i want to make sure i dont have cervical cancer or a sexually transmitted disease from my partner , you just never know . But she insisted i dont need one, then she pretty much just walked out and said the nurse will draw your blood and she will seeme in a month if dont feel better , i waited for half and hour and the nurse came in and said " your paper work is all set" i was a bit confused, i said " wt do u mean i thought u were drawing my blood?" She said oh no we dont do that here you have to go to a lab walked away and left me at the front desk reception , i felt pretty dissapointed and like i wasted my time they very unprofessional not communicative and i pretty much felt like i could have figured out everything she told me on my own . Never going back toher three bad experiences , inwoukd recommend her to any one who truly cares for their health

May 10th, 2012
She's the WORST doctor EVER!!
She should retired as soon as possible. She lied to medical records and was unfriendly, unprofessional.

June 4th, 2011
The Doctor who saves my son's life
I first met Dr. Shah at Melrose Wakefield Hospital. She treated my 5 yrs old son and save his life. Since I am a single mother my son is everything to me. She is sometimes hard to understand because of her accent but I owe my son's life to this doctor and you whoever tried to discredit this Doctor I will stand up for her no matter what.

May 23rd, 2011
Never Again!
After seein this doctor 5 times for a few different reasons, I came to the end result of never seeing her again after a very bad back injury happened to me and she treated me with such disrespect and ignorance. I could not walk at all and she didn't acknowledge my pain and suffering even though I was crying my heart out in pain. She told me I was fine even though my MRI report clearly stated I needed surgery and told me to walk to the desk to get the necesssary paperwork I needed to continue my care at a Neurosurgeon and threw it on the desk down the hall and walked away from me. Before leaving her office in a wheelchair she came up to me and said, "By the way I wouldn't try and have a baby if I were you cause you'll never survive it" and proceeded to go to her next patient as I sat in the wheelchair with no one to help me and just dumbfounded by the whole entire visit.She never told me to follow up with her, or gave me the name of the neurosurgeon, not even a hope you feel better. She's a terrible doctor and a terrible human being. I will never go to her again or reccomend anyone to go to her. I'd rather die than be in her care!!!!

August 9th, 2010
Worst Doctor Experience Ever
I chose Dr. Shah as my Primary Care Physician because she was accepting new patients and had openings sooner than others. Now I know why. I went to see her for a physical. She had horrible bedside manner. She was unfriendly, unprofessional, did not listen and lied on my medical records. I asked for a copy of my medical records and she had filled out answers to all kinds of questions that she never asked me. She called me with blood test results and I had low vitamin D levels. She could not answer any questions at all that I had about it and referred me to an edocrinologist. I thought that a bit strange at the time and asked why an endocrinologist and she could not answer that either. No one answers the phone at her office and after checking in for my appointment, the receptionist left the desk for a long period of time. During that time, someone came in, waited for 5 minutes and left because no one was there to help him!Also, I noticed that their equipment had not been checked in a decade! The date on the instrument stand that checks ears/noses/throats said "Last Inspection month/1999, Next Inspection month/2000." Yikes!! Needless to say, I changed my PCP and will never go back.