Dr. Archimedes Ramirez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Archimedes Ramirez?

A Doctor who cares

Posted on November 20th, 2017

Dr Ramirez deserves a Nobel prize for being a great doctor who really cares about his patients, which makes him almost an endangered species. I was suffering with back and neck pain and getting shots and stories from a pain management guy, and nothing was getting better. I connected with Dr. Ramirez and everything changed. He determined where the shots should be going (not where they went before) and the quantities and then changed my entire plan for conservative treatment. Anyone else would have put me in surgery, which is what I was avoiding. I may have to do the surgery in a year or so, but not right now. He gave me the best options.

Life Saver

Posted on November 4th, 2016

Dr. Ramirez told me for 6 months, while I was in absolute agony with a blown disc, I was wasting time by trying nerve blocking, anti-inflammatories, chiropractic, manipulation and other methods. He told me from the beginning that I needed surgery, but I didn't want to go there. Well, he was right. He scheduled a last minute surgery for me and told me to get in and get it done. He was totally right! I walked in and 24 hours later walked out! I flew to Hawaii and got married just days later. Dr. R, you were the answer to my problem. Thank you!

Posted on November 20th, 2015

there is nothing good to say about this butcher of a doctor. DO NOT LET HIM BUTCHER YOU.

Posted on December 22nd, 2014

I credit Dr Ramirez with my ability to walk without pain today. He did an amazing job for me.

Exceptional counsel

Posted on October 19th, 2014

Dr. Ramirez provided invaluable advice and direction when my teenage gymnast daughter began experiencing regular back pain. He took the time to thoroughly discuss the options and help plan a course of action that put my daughter on the road to recovery.

Pt abandonment

Posted on December 13th, 2013

I saw dr Ramirez two or three times for a devasting lift injury that was supposedly covered on workers comp ( I never receveid financial compensation for being permanently taken out of the workforce at age 30). Dr Ramirez didn't recommend back sx in 1994 ( I ended up having back sx in 2010, all the while being supported by my mother being denied ssi 4 times). I feel there was no follow through with dr Ramirez to solve the problem and get rightfully compensated financially, with assurred medical benifits ( the comp carrier now refuses to pay for more needed back sx). I feel dr Ramirez hi status, actually hindered my getting care, because he did not recommend back sx when I saw him even though I was completely disabled. His reputation and expertise, I have no reason to doubt and actually know people who have had great sx with him. I however, was left in the lurch with his tx and high power legal reports to a comp carrier and was screwed by the comp process, not getting benifits that were rightfully mine. I feel dr Ramirez should have had more of an advocacy duty, especially given the outcome of seeing dr Ramirez completely disabled. His legal reports somehow failed to get me comp benifits and medical care, other people get. I did not make an apt with dr Ramirez expecting to be left in the lurch medically ( no game plan for tx) and financially by the comp carrier involved. I would advise people, never to see an md on a legal visit basis ( where a md writes a report for an attorney). Most people expect an md to be a fiduciary and are shocked when that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Won't break ranks

Posted on November 16th, 2012

I saw dr. R twice or three times in the nineties for back sx consult. He has a formidable reputation that's well deserved. I, also know someone who had a horrible head injury after a mortar cycle accident who dr. R saved. And by his reputation alone, if he reccomeded back sx for me when I saw him, I would have gotten on the table. Now I'm having problems getting pain meds for pain control (which so far, no md will remedy). Have I missed something, and currently controlling pain is politically incorrect?? Anyone else having this problem? Ouch!

Posted on October 24th, 2012

Dr Ramirez is a good diagnostician. I was being bounced around by my health plan, given pain medication for my neck and back pain, not getting better and getting bad side effects from the new nerve pain meds. I could not sleep at night because I could not find a position to avoid pain. Dr Ramirez saw me, consulted with me and gave me a three step procedure to follow. Unfortunately, the pain doctor assigned by my health plan wanted to do things his way and ignored Dr Ramirez' plan. I was given painful shots that did not work. I finally found a doctor who agreed with Dr Ramirez and my neck and back pain are much improved. I can finally sleep and I am waiting for a pain block to my lower spine while doing physical therapy. I am off nerve pain meds which made me very ill and have gotten my life back. Dr Ramirez was caring and really listened to what I had to say. I give him the highest rating possible. He is the best.

Talented and Concerned

Posted on March 21st, 2012

He saved my son's neck, literally. After a bad windsurfing accident where my son flew into the air and came down on his neck, Dr. Ramirez got him in, got the MRIs and figured a conservative treatment to return him to new. He walks on water in my book. Plus, the hospital he works in was a great place, Queen of the Valley, competent and caring staff all around.

Discovered bacteria in my brain

Posted on December 19th, 2011

Dr. Ramirez saved my life! With a team of wonderful doctors I lived after four brain surgeries. Dr. Ramirez did an excellent job doing my surgeries, removing two large pieces of skull (which I lived without for a year. You can trust this doctor with your life.

Posted on January 4th, 2011

So far Dr. Ramirez has been very good. I do not find him either rude or uncompassionate.He is very professional and gives me plenty of time during my appointments.

Posted on August 11th, 2017