Dr. Archimedes Ramirez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 20th, 2015
there is nothing good to say about this butcher of a doctor. DO NOT LET HIM BUTCHER YOU.

December 22nd, 2014
I credit Dr Ramirez with my ability to walk without pain today. He did an amazing job for me.

October 19th, 2014
Exceptional counsel
Dr. Ramirez provided invaluable advice and direction when my teenage gymnast daughter began experiencing regular back pain. He took the time to thoroughly discuss the options and help plan a course of action that put my daughter on the road to recovery.

December 13th, 2013
Pt abandonment
I saw dr Ramirez two or three times for a devasting lift injury that was supposedly covered on workers comp ( I never receveid financial compensation for being permanently taken out of the workforce at age 30). Dr Ramirez didn't recommend back sx in 1994 ( I ended up having back sx in 2010, all the while being supported by my mother being denied ssi 4 times). I feel there was no follow through with dr Ramirez to solve the problem and get rightfully compensated financially, with assurred medical benifits ( the comp carrier now refuses to pay for more needed back sx). I feel dr Ramirez hi status, actually hindered my getting care, because he did not recommend back sx when I saw him even though I was completely disabled. His reputation and expertise, I have no reason to doubt and actually know people who have had great sx with him. I however, was left in the lurch with his tx and high power legal reports to a comp carrier and was screwed by the comp process, not getting benifits that were rightfully mine. I feel dr Ramirez should have had more of an advocacy duty, especially given the outcome of seeing dr Ramirez completely disabled. His legal reports somehow failed to get me comp benifits and medical care, other people get. I did not make an apt with dr Ramirez expecting to be left in the lurch medically ( no game plan for tx) and financially by the comp carrier involved. I would advise people, never to see an md on a legal visit basis ( where a md writes a report for an attorney). Most people expect an md to be a fiduciary and are shocked when that doesn't turn out to be the case.

November 16th, 2012
Won't break ranks
I saw dr. R twice or three times in the nineties for back sx consult. He has a formidable reputation that's well deserved. I, also know someone who had a horrible head injury after a mortar cycle accident who dr. R saved. And by his reputation alone, if he reccomeded back sx for me when I saw him, I would have gotten on the table. Now I'm having problems getting pain meds for pain control (which so far, no md will remedy). Have I missed something, and currently controlling pain is politically incorrect?? Anyone else having this problem? Ouch!

October 23rd, 2012
Dr Ramirez is a good diagnostician. I was being bounced around by my health plan, given pain medication for my neck and back pain, not getting better and getting bad side effects from the new nerve pain meds. I could not sleep at night because I could not find a position to avoid pain. Dr Ramirez saw me, consulted with me and gave me a three step procedure to follow. Unfortunately, the pain doctor assigned by my health plan wanted to do things his way and ignored Dr Ramirez' plan. I was given painful shots that did not work. I finally found a doctor who agreed with Dr Ramirez and my neck and back pain are much improved. I can finally sleep and I am waiting for a pain block to my lower spine while doing physical therapy. I am off nerve pain meds which made me very ill and have gotten my life back. Dr Ramirez was caring and really listened to what I had to say. I give him the highest rating possible. He is the best.

March 21st, 2012
Talented and Concerned
He saved my son's neck, literally. After a bad windsurfing accident where my son flew into the air and came down on his neck, Dr. Ramirez got him in, got the MRIs and figured a conservative treatment to return him to new. He walks on water in my book. Plus, the hospital he works in was a great place, Queen of the Valley, competent and caring staff all around.

December 19th, 2011
Discovered bacteria in my brain
Dr. Ramirez saved my life! With a team of wonderful doctors I lived after four brain surgeries. Dr. Ramirez did an excellent job doing my surgeries, removing two large pieces of skull (which I lived without for a year. You can trust this doctor with your life.

January 4th, 2011
So far Dr. Ramirez has been very good. I do not find him either rude or uncompassionate.He is very professional and gives me plenty of time during my appointments.