Dr. Ardeshir Nia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ardeshir Nia?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 26th, 2016

Not a nice doctor.

--Well, it looks like my original, truthful post regarding Dr. Nia somehow got deleted off of this site. I personally feel a review site should take the good reviews along with the not good reviews. --Back in 2010, I started suffering from testicular pain. I started going to a Urologist in Texarkana to find out what the problem was. The urologist suggested I go to a pain management doctor. Well, I went twice, and after seeing they charged $300 for a drug test (which everyone has to take on their first visit), I asked the Dr. there if they had a cheaper drug test they could give me. The pain management dr. then asked me what I was taking for pain management, and I told him "hydrocodone". He then said that if that was all I was taking, just to go to my local physician. Well, my local physician started working at the hospital as a hospitalist, so I had to find a new doctor. I chose Dr. Ardeshir Nia. --The visit started out fine...we were laughing and joking. My first (and only) visit, I brought in all of the medications I was (or had been) taking. He started typing in all of the meds., but when he got to "hydrocodone", he went from being nice to having a scowling face. He said "what are you on hydrocodone for". I told him it was for acute testicular pain. I then told him how I had gone to two urologists and have been "poked and prodded and tested", but nothing was found. He then said that he had never heard of someone with that problem. He then stopped typing in medicines. I tried to tell him that I had also been on Lyrica and Elavil for pain (which were in the pile of medicines I brought him) and that it gave me nightmares and just did not work, but he basically brushed me off. He also told me how my previous doctor was "like a drug dealer" for prescribing hydrocodone to me, and how he "lost his business". --Ever since that day, it has bothered me, basically being called a dopehead (well, he did call my previous doctor a "drug dealer", lol, so what else can I glean from that?!) when the pain meds were being used by me therapeutically. Besides, the original pain management doctor in Texarkana was the one that suggested I find a local doctor to prescribe the hydrocodone to me! Well, Dr. Nia said "I will find you a pain management dr. in Texarkana." I asked if there was one in Paris, TX because it's a little closer to my hometown, and Paris, TX is much easier for me to drive in. He laughed and said "it's only closer by a few miles." Not sure why he felt the need to laugh at me for wanting a closer town that is easier for me to drive in. --Looking back on all this now, I even wonder why he suggested going to a pain management dr. since he was SO against me having a fairly effective pain med.? Fortunately, I found a nice pain management Dr. in Paris, found a nice P.A. in Idabel, and never went back to Nia. --To Vitals.com, please do not remove this review. Nothing false about Dr. Ardeshir Nia was said in this review. Businesses should take the good reviews WITH the not so good.

June 14th, 2012

BEST OFFICE IVE EVER BEEN TO WITH AN EXCELLENT STAFF!

July 27th, 2016