Family Physicians, General Practitioner, Internist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

628 California Blvd
Ste F
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
805-540-5035
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Office Staff Has A lot of Problems  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2013

I have been a patient for almost 8 years now. When I first started going to his office the staff was very efficient and responsive to requests for medical information. I have seen a steady decline in the office staff. Examples are many: 1) Dr. Talieh ordered a special test, the office staff failed to follow through and did not put the order through to the lab. It took 3 phones calls and multiple trips to Dr. Talieh's office to get them to contact the laboratory where the test was to be performed. 2) Dr. Talieh changed the strength of my thyroid medication. The office staff was supposed to call me and inform me of the change, they did not and because they did not I went several weeks taking the incorrect prescription dosage. 3) The most current problem happened today and caused me to write this review. My insulin syringe presecription was up for renewal. The pharmacy called Dr. Talieh's office and the prescription was renewed. I picked up the syringes and I did not look in the bag to verify the type of syringe (my mistake - although Dr. Talieh's office has detailed information on the type of syringe I use and has had this information for the entire time I have been his patient). I was alerted to the problem when I received a phone call from the pharmacy telling me I had a prescription to pick-up. I was told that the doctor's office had realized they gave the wrong information to the pharmacy so they had contacted the pharmacy and given them a new prescription. So, off I went to the pharmacy to return the wrong syringes and pick-up the correct syringes. Imagine my disappointment when I got there and looked at the box of syringes that Dr. Talieh's office had called in for me, they were the wrong ones again. So. the pharmacy now must contact Dr. Talieh's office again in order to try and get me the correct syringes. Meanwhile I am running low on syringes and must now tap into my emergency supply. Unfortunately, there are more problems then just this that I have experienced with his office staff. I am now seriously considering changing to a different doctor. So, if you consider going to this doctor you must realize that you will have to make numerous phone calls and trips to the office to try and straighten out the inefficiency and what I consider to be incompetency of the office staff.

|  long wait with no consideration  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2011

I had 2 appointments with this doctor. First appointment 35 minute wait. Second visit 45 minute wait and I just left at that point because he was seeing another patient and it was apparent that it would be another 15 minutes minimum. On the first appointment he spent 10 to 15 minutes with me and was very perfunctory. I will not return.

|  Great!  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

Fantastic Doc!

|  Really thorough  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2010

One thing I like about Dr. Talieh is that he does extensive testing to get to the root of my medical problems. Besides the usual blood tests, I had blood work that tested micronutrients and a cardiac scan. I have diabetes and was not happy with my previous doctors but so far I like Dr. Talieh's approach.

|  show details
Apr 17th, 2009

He has such a quality and caring manor. You can count on him being very detailed to diagnose the problem and follow through to support the needed care. He is your old fashioned caring physician.

|  Best doctor In America  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2008

he is the best see all other doctors then see him if no one can help you he will