Dr. Arelis Madera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 14 reviews

November 11th, 2016
Very Competent
I am a patient of Dr. Madera for many years. She is very competent and knowledgeable about my Diabetes. Always answers my concerns and has a great to the point bedside manner !! Her staff is also very competent and courteous!!!

September 27th, 2016
Great Visit
Dr. Madera is always prompt and concerned. She will sit with you and talk things over if you don't understand something. I actually enjoy going to see her.

September 14th, 2016
Needs to overhaul bedside manner
I waited almost 3 months to get a consult with this MD. I found her to be abrupt when I tried to update her on my newest symptoms. She was condescending and downplayed my referring MD's concerns. She rushed me out of the room before I even had time to ask questions. I still haven't decided if she is clinically competent, which she should be according to her documented education. I'm going to give her a 2nd chance-if she still acts like she's doing me a favor, I'll drive to Sarasota, Fort Myers or Tampa if I have to. It's not worth the stress of already being sick then being made to feel like you're an annoyance during the office visit.

September 7th, 2016
Staff was nice to deal with, but several spoke very broken English, which made difficult communication. Dr. was OK, but very short with our questions. Husband had an abnormality that showed up in his brain on an MRI - we were very worried, and her bedside manner was not very comforting. We felt very rushed. What she did tell us was correct and her followup was the same as his endocrinologist would have done - we checked with that office to make sure his treatment was right, since we felt as if we were imposing on her time. They agreed they would have followed the same treatment. Therefore, she is a good Dr., but somewhat lacking in bedside manner.

November 3rd, 2015
DX. AS TYPE 2 DM AND SHE HAS GIVEN ME EXCELLENT CARE!

September 23rd, 2015
Cancelled consult appt, and I have insurance!
Waited 45 days for an appt for hormone management consultation in hopes she could assist in the control of hormones resulting in an improvement in an uncontrolled medical condition I had. It was already known that all my hormone levels were either way too low or high... It has also been noted that there is a drastic improvement in my condition when my hormones are controlled. I was referred and had an appointment for a consult this morning and they called at 0730 today and cancelled my appointment stating that she reveiwed my records and won't even see me in consult. I have insurance too...I'm also diabetic on top of it but she stated she saw no need to even have a consultation. They had 45days...they could've called sooner than 0730 AM the day of the appointment to cancel.

August 28th, 2015
Patient for over 15 years!
Everything about Dr Madera is wonderful. There is not a more caring person out there.Would Highly recommend her.The person as a whole is one of a kind.I'm so glad that she is in my life.

June 28th, 2015
When I started with Dr. Madera, my A!C too high and I weighed 220 lbs. Her prescriptions cut my blood glucose immediately and I am now down to 180 lbs. I sometimes meet other patients of Dr. Madera and they always give her high praise.

July 1st, 2014
Dr is closing her office!!! Extremely unprofessional !!!
I saw the dr one time and I found out she's closing her office. Why would a Dr. Take new patients when she knows she closing. Extremely unprofessional. I only found out from my friend who has been going there for years. It must be all about money if she's still taking patients because it can't be about caring for them.

June 23rd, 2014
Tried to get initial appt for my daughter 2 months before she turned 21. Even tho appt was to be scheduled after she turned 21, very rude scheduler would not begin process, did not want to talk to us until after my daughters 21 bday.

January 8th, 2014
Bad billing procedures, nice doctor
I had 3 appointments with Dr. Madera. At the first appointment, I was frustrated that she would not assist me in goal setting for my diabetes. At subsequent appointments, she was much more helpful. Her receptionist Lisa was pleasant and helpful when I was forced to re-schedule appointments. HOWEVER...Dr. Madera's husband does the office billing, and he is anything but professional. He billed me twice for amounts approved by my insurance and was rude to me when I questioned it. He feigned a lack of understanding about insurance billing procedures - I even had to have Cigna (my insurance company) call him to explain. If he has no better grasp of billing than that, he shouldn't be doing it. The stress level peaked after I received a bill for the insurance-covered amount, even though I had an EOB from Cigna showing payment was approved. I was forced to cancel future appointments, and it's a shame - endocrinologists are hard to find in this neck of the woods.

January 18th, 2013
rude staff
Unable to see the dr. I recently moved here and was under the care of endo. Told I had to be referred....how can she treat me without referral..order some labwork..? have me submit a release.obtain my records...examine me? Staff was rude and suspicious...who would lie about endocrine disordero