A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ari Halldorsson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ari Halldorsson, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Halldorsson graduated from University Of Iceland, Reykjavik.
Dr. Halldorsson has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University Medical Center - Lubbock
- University of IL Medical Center at Chicago
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Halldorsson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 8 plans
- Lovelace Health Plan - 10 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ari O. Halldorsson practice?
Dr. Ari Halldorsson practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Cardiovascular Disease near Lubbock, TX.
See Lubbock Surgeons, Lubbock Internists, and Lubbock Cardiologists.