Overall Review

no change

April 6th, 2015
Dr Arizona Swartz
I THINK HE IS A WONDERFUL DR.HE IS VERY COMPASSIONATE.YES HE'S busy because he is a great Dr. AS FAR AS FOR WAITING.THIS IS NOT McDonald's health care.health takes time.I don't mind waiting.His Bedside manner attitude in an office visit is very sweet, informative, and I think he is a wonderful Dr.

February 11th, 2014
First I had to wait 2 months to schedule an appointment with him. Then I was sent by snail mail, instead of them calling to reschedule the appointment. When I finally saw him, the first appointment he spent less than a minute going over the entire packet of paper I needed to fill out. After looking at my papers, doing a five minute exam and briefly talking to me, he was convinced I had fibromayalgia. He gave me a pamphlet on it, told me to read a book about it, gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. I started to receive lupus like rashes so I called him and asked if I should come in again. I got a call back later that day bring told no you don't have lupus, don't come in. I went to see a doctor in urgent care the next time I had the rash. This doctor suggested to go back and get tested for lupus. I had to wait another 3 weeks before he could see me. He walked in and asked how my rash was doing. I told him I got the rash several times he just told me that I could have lupus but he would not test me for it unless a dermatologist confirms it is a lupus rash even though another doctor already told me I needed to be tested for it. He put me on a second medication and sent me on my way. He refused to test me for it even though I had specifically requested it and ANA was already present in my blood. He does not spend a lot of time diagnosing your problem and he is by no means thorough in his diagnosis.

April 17th, 2013
The best around
Dr. Schwartz is the third Rheumatologist I have been treated by. I have had RA for 10 years. He is by far, the most attentive and caring doctor I have seen. He has always addressed any of my concerns with patience and understanding. The only problem I have is that it is difficult to get a Weymouth appointment with him.

March 21st, 2013
Agree with Had High Hopes
I totally agree with the Had High Hopes review only wish I saw it BEFORE my appointment. I waited a month and a half for the appointment. I waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room while he chatted with another patient then I waited another 30 minutes in the room. He finally comes strolling in and doesn't even apologize for running late. Looks at my thumbs and says "you don't have Lupus or RA". He hasn't even asked me what my symptoms are, he hasn't even looked at the package that they mail to your house that you are "required to fill out or you can't be seen" and he barely glanced at past blood test results that I was told to bring. I asked him about all my other symptoms and he said well your referral says joint pain so that is what I am addressing. Alrighty then. Waste of time!! He is rude, has no bedside manner, has no compassion. He is by far the worst specialist I think I have ever seen.

October 3rd, 2012
have gone to him for years he is wonderful
have gone to him for years he is wonderful

November 18th, 2011
Absolutely no bedside manner
He isn't the worst doctor I've been to, but he's probably the 2nd or 3rd. Hostile to patient concerns, no bedside manner.

October 13th, 2011
Had high hopes
I had high hopes about seeing Dr. Ari Schwartz based on the ratings on this and another web site. Unfortunately I was let down. When I made the appointment I was asked to bring in all films that I have had (that would be a lot over the last 10 years), which I did. Also when filling out the new patient forms that were mailed to my house before my appointment, I was asked many questions about family medical history, my past health problems, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc. and if I had been dx'd by another doctor for what I was seeing Dr. Schwartz for & if so what was the diagnosis (Psoriatic Arthritis), and what were the worst of my current symptoms (fatigue, pain and more fatigue). I barely waited in the waiting room (which was nice since my reason for switching dr's was because the rheumy I had been seeing was an all day affair for a 10 mins appt. A 2 hour wait was standard in the practice...) and maybe 5 minutes in the exam room when Dr. Schwartz came in. It was at this point that he looked at the papers I had sent in previously and told me that he believed my diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis was wrong because I had no cutaneous manifestations of psoriasis. I guess he didn't know that up to 15% of patients with PsA may never have the plaques (my father, mother and sister all have psoriasis w/out the arthritis). Without any tests (I don't believe he even saw my films since they were still leaning against the nurses desk when I walked out of the exam room) he told me that I have Fibromyalgia with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I told him that although I agree with the CFS diagnosis, I didn't agree with the Fibro dx because two very good friends of mine have Fibromyalgia and while they suffer from a some joint paint it's the widespread body and muscle pain that are their worst symptoms. For me it's my joints. Not muscle, not widespread body pain (thank god). He said something to the effect of "well, I could debate with you the specifics of Fibromyalgia or I can give you a pamphlet and tell you of a book on Fibromyalgia you should buy, and when your done reading them you can call me and make an appointment and we can discuss it then." I was so frustrated I just said "ok". He wrote the name of the book on a sticky note (which I threw out in his trash can) and then had the nurse give me a pamphlet on Fibromyalgia. I was so let down when I left his office. I probably shouldn't have gone in with such high hopes for an understanding and knowledgeable physician.

November 5th, 2009
Dr Schwarts Is Awesome!
When I went to Dr Schwartz I really thought I was dying, I couldn't walk with out severe pain and it took me 2.5-3 hours alone to get out of bed. Now I am working full time again and looking forward to a great ski-season! This Dr spends time with you explaining everything and genuinely cares about your well being!