Excellent surgeon rectocele and cystocele repair show details Excellent surgeon rectocele and cystocele repair
May 20th, 2015

Dr Ariana Smith was the fifth MD I saw for a problem I was having with my bowels and bladder. The other doctors advised me to have very different operations from a hysterectomy to a bowel resection to a rectocele and cystocele repair. I was so confused. I went to Dr Smith. I felt she was the first doctor who listened to me and helped me figure out what was wrong and how it could be corrected to improve my quality of life. She preformed surgery on me in March and I am eight weeks postop. Her surgical skill is excellent. She readily answered post op questions I had. I felt that I got good care.

Intelligent Doc, great for women's concerns show details Intelligent Doc, great for women's concerns
by Lauren Tilden on Mar 5th, 2015

I can not recommended Dr. Smith enough. And I have a difficult time believing the negative reviews below are legitimate. She was kind, caring and very thoughtful. She is highly intelligent and takes time to thoroughly consider a patients entire medical history. After being misdiagnosed by a different urologist who told me I would spend my entire life on antibiotics, I traveled to Penn to seek the opinion of the best doctors in urology. I was not disappointed. Dr. Smith, explained the overuse of antibiotics is part of my problem and provided a more reasonable solution. If you are a female seeking help from a urologist, I highly recommend Dr. Smith

If You're Looking For A Bad Doctor..... show details If You're Looking For A Bad Doctor.....
Oct 14th, 2014

Either Smith resents being a doctor or she just hates people! Her inability to be forthright and honest is shocking. Her lack of common human decency is appalling. And, her callous disregard for the well being of her patients should be crime!

Someone Needs to Take Arianna Smith's Medical License Away Immediately show details Someone Needs to Take Arianna Smith's Medical License Away Immediately
Sep 29th, 2014

From the minute I met her, she was rude, dismissive and angry. Perhaps she feels that she's God or something but she clearly isn't. I saw her when the first urologist I was referred to was booked through October. Getting an appointment with Smith was a piece of cake because her horrible reputation precedes her. She lacks compassion, feeling and is incapable of being straight forward. Even when other doctors,with years of education and experience above her told her she was wrong, she refused to admit it. She is a 33 year old brat, who has no business operating on anyone. Any good reviews written about her, are written by her. Run as fast as you can from this witch!

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Elisa on Mar 31st, 2014

Dr. Smith and her nurse Mary provided excellent care and made me feel at ease.

Disdainful doc show details Disdainful doc
by Unhappy patient on Nov 4th, 2013

Dr. Smith treated me with a disdainful attitude on the three occasions when I had the displeasure of seeing her. She feels threatened by anyone that has knowledge of their condition and will discount anything that you have to say. Had a diagnostic procedure that was not explained, no anti-biotic given and I developed infection and other complications. Has a very narrow area of focus and expertise. I was concurrently having some pelvic pain (one of her advertised areas of expertise) and yet she said "that is not my area of concern or expertise."

Sep 26th, 2013

She is obviously an intelligent woman but she is not caring. When I went for my appointment, a diagnostic surgical procedure was scheduled, but the scheduling agent explained to me the procedure, not a trained medical person. No one explained to me that there would be multiple X-rays involved until I spoke to the scheduling person. Dr. Smith was rude to me and really brushed off my concerns. Her nurse practitioner was the only person who really validated why my health concerns were important because of my family history.

Aug 7th, 2012

She was fabulous during my appointment and laid out for me the multiple surgical options available to me for prolapse of my uterus.

BIG QUESTION show details BIG QUESTION
Jul 27th, 2012

After reading Dr Smith HUP bio I called to schedule an appomitment.I was told she only sees female patients.I told her staff that her bio says she does have male patients.Male patients have rated her very positive.Dr Smith needs to address this with her staff.I would like to get an apponitment when this is cleared up.

Apr 19th, 2011

Lack of professionalism and empathy. Very condescending.

Parkinsons Disease and urinary problems show details Parkinsons Disease and urinary problems
by DEN on Nov 13th, 2010

Outstanding doctor. Caring, Intelligent, professional. Answers and explains al questions. Takes all the time you need. Will hunt until she has found the problem. I couldn't be happier to have gone to Dr. Smith. Very good even for male patients like myself.