Dr. Ariana Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ariana Smith?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 2nd, 2017

As a physician I was appalled by her lack of empathy towards my wife's issues. She communicates poorly,demonstrated no empathy. We had no protocol at discharge which led to a complicated cascade of issues that could have been avoided with a more caring physician !!

June 2nd, 2016

She did not address or listen to my concerns, and would repeat the same explanations that did not answer my questions.

October 13th, 2015

She is very direct and to the point, knows what to do

My experience was good with here even know it was not her area of expertise. Have seen 3 doctors including Dr. Smith. Both others could do nothing and misdiagnosed. Dr. Smith got things right from the start. I have to give her credit, she out did a doctor 30 years older then her and went to best school in the country. And Penns technology made my surgery 10 time easier. So I do recommend her even if your a guy, because she knows you stuff.

September 9th, 2015

Horrible Experience

What's most memorable is Smith's lack of empathy. She borders on being cruel. Forget for a minute that her bedside manner stinks, the real problem is, she doesn't care about you!

March 5th, 2015

Intelligent Doc, great for women's concerns

I can not recommended Dr. Smith enough. And I have a difficult time believing the negative reviews below are legitimate. She was kind, caring and very thoughtful. She is highly intelligent and takes time to thoroughly consider a patients entire medical history. After being misdiagnosed by a different urologist who told me I would spend my entire life on antibiotics, I traveled to Penn to seek the opinion of the best doctors in urology. I was not disappointed. Dr. Smith, explained the overuse of antibiotics is part of my problem and provided a more reasonable solution. If you are a female seeking help from a urologist, I highly recommend Dr. Smith

October 14th, 2014

If You're Looking For A Bad Doctor.....

Either Smith resents being a doctor or she just hates people! Her inability to be forthright and honest is shocking. Her lack of common human decency is appalling. And, her callous disregard for the well being of her patients should be crime!

March 31st, 2014

Great Experience

Dr. Smith and her nurse Mary provided excellent care and made me feel at ease.

November 4th, 2013

Disdainful doc

Dr. Smith treated me with a disdainful attitude on the three occasions when I had the displeasure of seeing her. She feels threatened by anyone that has knowledge of their condition and will discount anything that you have to say. Had a diagnostic procedure that was not explained, no anti-biotic given and I developed infection and other complications. Has a very narrow area of focus and expertise. I was concurrently having some pelvic pain (one of her advertised areas of expertise) and yet she said "that is not my area of concern or expertise."

September 26th, 2013

She is obviously an intelligent woman but she is not caring. When I went for my appointment, a diagnostic surgical procedure was scheduled, but the scheduling agent explained to me the procedure, not a trained medical person. No one explained to me that there would be multiple X-rays involved until I spoke to the scheduling person. Dr. Smith was rude to me and really brushed off my concerns. Her nurse practitioner was the only person who really validated why my health concerns were important because of my family history.

August 8th, 2012

She was fabulous during my appointment and laid out for me the multiple surgical options available to me for prolapse of my uterus.

July 27th, 2012

BIG QUESTION

After reading Dr Smith HUP bio I called to schedule an appomitment.I was told she only sees female patients.I told her staff that her bio says she does have male patients.Male patients have rated her very positive.Dr Smith needs to address this with her staff.I would like to get an apponitment when this is cleared up.

April 19th, 2011

Lack of professionalism and empathy. Very condescending.