Family Physicians
Scripps Coastal Medical Center
1335 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014
858-554-9800
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  2-4 hour wait time  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2014

Nice guy only if you want to wait hours and hours to see him for 5mins

|  If you're looking for a long term doc  |  show details
by JC on Jan 12th, 2014

I met Dr Cortes 6 years ago. Went in for a back ache and left with something more serious. We went through a lot of testing for what the core issue was. Super frustrating for me as a patient. Sometimes I was super anxious. Dr Cortes AND the office staff really care to help. I've sent other friends and they have not been disappointed.

|  show details
Jul 27th, 2013

Dr. Cortes is a very caring doctor and it shows so much. It is very obvious that he is not just doing his job, but that he truly cares about making his patients better. His thoroughness is wonderful and I'm so thankful to have him as my doctor!

|  Poor overall  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

I have been going to Dr Cortez for many years, but ever since they were taken over by Scripps, I have exerienced wait times well over an hour consistently, and when the doc finally rushes in, he spends very little time listening, just rushed the whole time and waiting to give a prescription to end the appointment. I have left disappointed at least half a dozen times over the past 1 1/2 yrs. Have been misdiagnosed, and now under new management they are reluctant to perform blood and urine analyes. I am sad because I think that Dr Cortez is trapped in the admin part of his job, unable to give each patient the care they need.

|  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Dr. Cortes is an excellent physician. I have been with his practice for 2 years now and I am always impressed by his professionalism. He ALWAYS takes the time to explain the problem and to answer my questions.

|  excellent doctor and an excellent man  |  show details
by jack hartley on Jan 4th, 2011

If this is the Dr. Ariel Cortes that treated me in Twin Falls ID in the years 2000-2003, I especially admired his courage in sticking to his assessment of my health in spite of my wish that his assessment would support my efforts to qualify for long term care insurance.

|  Terrific doctor  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2010

Have used him for several years and he has treated my wife and mother. He's very sensible, cautious, and caring. He's quite knowledgeable and accessible. In the case of a serious situation he offered his cell phone number to be called anytime.

|  I was very satisfied  |  show details
by SDNative1953 on Oct 2nd, 2009 on kudzu.com

I can hardly believe the doctor the previous people described is the same Dr. Cortes. He has been very helpful to me.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Ariel Cortes and the Del Mar Clinic - avoid  |  show details
by DelMar on Aug 15th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I just moved to the area and needed to get a script renewed. I made a quick appointment too see Ariel Alexander Cortes, M.D.. Arrived early filled out a lot of paperwork. A medical assistant finally took me to a scary looking multipurpose surgical suite where she took my vitals. 30 minutes later I told the assistant I needed to leave in 20 minutes. She said she would ask the doctor to see me, he said no (and she said ┐he is not playing┐ ┐ apparently this meant he was seriously not going to see me until he was ready regardless of my schedule). I asked if another doctor could see me and he over heard and THEN said he would see me, however, he was very busy seeing patients "not playing video games." I then vocalized 1 sentence ┐ ┐I am busy too and have appointments to keep┐ at that point Ariel Cortes said ┐I am not going to see you┐ and gave the chart back to the assistant turned and walked away. The Physician arrogance and fear emanating from the entire office staff on account of this doctor was palpable. I will not be back. Perhaps if you have a 6 to 8 hours to spare and can suck up to an egomaniac physician that intimidates his staff and tries to intimidate patients you will enjoy your time in this Del Mar clinic. I feel sorry for the staff and hope they can find a better work environment.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com