A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ariel Velasco:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ariel Velasco is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ariel Velasco, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
Education & Awards
Dr. Velasco graduated from Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation, Quezon City.
Dr. Velasco has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Cypress Fairbanks Med Ctr Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Velasco accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 5 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ariel M. Velasco practice?
Dr. Ariel Velasco practices Nephrology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Katy, TX and Cypress, TX.
See Houston Nephrologists.