Gastroenterologist

243 North Rd
Ste 304
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845-471-9410
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  A Very Fine Doctor  |  show details
by S. Bell on May 2nd, 2014

I saw Dr. Muslim at Gramercy Park Physicians for an endoscopy and had a very good experience from beginning to end. Dr. Muslim is courteous, friendly, attentive, answered my question, and explained the procedure and results well. I don't find many of the prior reviews valid. My experience with Dr. Muslim was superb.

|  Find someone else  |  show details
by HK on Nov 8th, 2013

Gave very little explanation after an endoscopy except to say he took samples for a biopsy. I then would have waited THREE weeks to find out if I had CANCER OR NOT! Fortunatly my primary physician got hold of the results and gave them to me within a few days. When I did meet with Dr. Muslim after being on his prescribed medication for 3 weeks, I told him I was experiencing a specific side effect. One of the side effects that the MAKER OF THE MEDICATION LISTS in their literature. Dr Muslim INSISTED that the side effect I described was COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE and refused to consider any other input. He get's very annoyed when you don't agree with him or ask too many questions.

|  a mill  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2013

dated office, long wait and scheduled for upper and lower endoscopies (even though i was sent for only a screening colonoscopy) ... seems like a mill to generate money for group, not care for people ... didn't schedule anything - will go elsewhere.

|  The best experience of my life  |  show details
by Johnnye A Parker on Sep 5th, 2013

I was so afraid of the thought of the procedure that i made myself afraid for nothing. The staff was so nice and pleasant. And the doctor and his assistant were so gentle I didn't even know it was over. And all within an hour. If you have to get a colonoscopy this is the place to go hands up.

|  Shafted !  |  show details
by NEVER AGAIN ! on Jun 7th, 2013

This guy is a disaster from the word go !! I wouldn't even recommend him to a saluter house for animals !

|  Shafted  |  show details
by Wrecked Rectum on May 7th, 2013

As im brought into the room for the procedure by the nurse, myself the anesthesiologist and the nurse had to wait at least 15 minnutes as we were listening to him on the phone with other patent interests. Very unprofessional ! Before starting the procedure of a Colonoscopy, he was abrupt didn't want to discuss anything with me, he just said "your going to go to sleep & when you wake up it will be all over" Im sure the nurse & anesthesiologist were happy he finally was ready after making us wait listening to his 15 minute conversations ! When waking up from the procedure i asked to see him for the results. The nurse brought him over to me. Keep in mind this is within 1/2 hour after we finished. I said, well what are the results of your findings, he said "im not sure which one you are i do allot of these" I said you just finished with me, you don't remember ?? He said "im not sure" I said would you like to look at my butt & figure it out ? At this time he said "you might have had a polyp i don't know." Then he said oh, you, you were fine see you in 5 years. (Like heck i will !) I would not recommend this "Guy" to anyone ! He has a lousy bedside manor and gives me the feeling his ability's as a Dr, are not much better ! The procedure was done on March 4th 2013 its now May 7th 2013 & im still in pain !!

by Terry Craft on May 1st, 2013

Dr Muslim and his staff are true, caring professionals from the moment you walk in the door, to the sincere well wishes from all as you leave. He genuinely cares about your health and educates you on all diagnosis as well as options for treatment. I highly recommend him with confidence.

|  I can't believe the other reviews.  |  show details
by Megan on Jan 23rd, 2013

I've been seeing Dr Muslim for over 2 years now. He has been nothing but kind, helpful, informative. All around great doctor. He has gone so far out of his way to look out for my health as well as my families health. Everyone in the office is so nice and friendly I literally look forward to appointments. I can't really think of enough kind words to say about Dr.Muslim and his practice. This website has him severely underrated

Sep 1st, 2012

agree with negative comments ... stay away...

Jan 13th, 2012

very cold and indifferentfelt like a number, not a patient

|  THE BEST  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Muslim is the most caring, professional and courteous doctor I have ever had in my life. He has helped my daughter tremendously. He has always been there, no matter what time of day (or early, early morning) when we needed him. He has treated us like his family and I feel we have received the same care he would give his own family member. The girls in the office are awesome. They also have become like a family to us. I wish there were more doctors in the world like Dr. Muslim and his wonderful staff!!!

|  Good Doc  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Doctor Muslim seems to be a nice guy. I have no complaints. My colonoscopy went smooth. (sry for pun)

|  These ratings are bogus.  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

I made an appointment with ease, for the initial consultation, and the colonoscopy. I waited maybe 10 minutes before the procedure. The fasting is always the worst part, but it WILL BE... no matter where you go. The doctor conversed with me during the pre-op appt, as well as before and after the procedure. The Russian nurse was cordial, as was the anesthesiologist. The entire procedure took less than a half hour, was painless, and there was no bum's rush, as another review implied. I'm very happy with this doctor. Perhaps these negative posts were made by a competing practice.

Aug 18th, 2011

office dated and you're treated like cattle

Jun 2nd, 2011

stay far, far away !!!

Apr 13th, 2011

abrupt, dismissive and uncaring. worst of all, made me wait over 90 minutes for my colonoscopy ! told me he had an emergency ... nurses @ hospital said he tells that to everyone, as he's always late!

Feb 23rd, 2011

runs a mill ... i felt like cattle going to slaughter!never again.

|  Not a good experience  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2010

I experienced a lot of the same cold treatment and unprofessionalism. Will not be going back and don't recommend at all.

Jun 1st, 2010

horrible "doctor" !

|  colonoscopy from hel*  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2009

Day of colonoscopy- Dr. didn't say hello- as I lay on the table- he was on his cell phone (ear piece)yelling in small room. THere was a Russian Nurse who was very "cold" in manner- and an Anesthisiologist who was pleasant- and was the only one speaking with patient. After the Dr. got off the phone (mind you, this is in the small procedure room-as I lye helpless and nervous on the table), his office staff member came in and they had a loud argument back and forth. Eventually I was knocked out, they did the procedure- I was full of gas (I hear this is normal) after the procedure and in much pain. I was asked to sign several papers as I was in pain- my spouse was in the other room and could have been there to hear instructions and to guide me- but wasn't called in). I was offered a drink- and since I was in severe pain- said "No"- and then was told to leave as soon as I could (No food, no drink- just leave). I was weak from hemeroids for the following 2 weeks and weak in general from the procedure for over a wek- the Russian Nurse called 3 days later and said me being weak was normal and they have a procedure I could come in for to remove the hemeroids- SUre! LIke I'd ever see them again! I went to my Famly Practitioner and got suppositories and sympathy and was put on the correct track to health. My only problem now- 3 weeks later is I believe I am suffering from Post Tramatic Strees Disorder- It was horrible!!!!!!!!!! I believe this is the McDOna;d's of colonoscopies- no caring from the Doctor- only during the initial ocnsultation to lure you in---STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!