Anesthesiologist (pain control), Critical Care Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by G.R. on May 20th, 2014

Wonderful surgical experience. I really liked how Dr. Shah explained everything to me before giving me any medicine. Very respectful, articulate.

|  awesome  |  show details
by B.C. on Sep 27th, 2013

Great experience. He was really focused on expectations, and that alone made my wife and me less anxious about the whole experience. Thanks Dr. Shah!

|  All doctors should be like this  |  show details
by Kristi on Aug 8th, 2013

I loved how Dr. Shah spent so much time with me. So many anesthesiologists just come up to you and say, "hi, I'm Dr. so and so," and then push some powerful drugs into your IV before you can even finish a sentence. Dr. Shah seemed to explain every phase of the surgery--before, during, and after. He only got technical when necessary, but for the most part, he seemed to have common sense. A lot of the more rude and callous doctors around Dallas could take a lesson from this experience!

|  Very nice doctor  |  show details
by Megan on May 7th, 2013

I am so grateful for how attentive Dr. Shah was. I'd ask for him again

|  great doctor  |  show details
by S.A. on Feb 19th, 2013

Dr. Shah spent a lot of time explaining what would happen from the time he put in my IV until I was in the recovery room. Knowing what was about to happen probably did as much to calm me down as any medicine could have. I'm glad he did my anesthesia.

|  Pleasant experience  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

I really appreciate Dr. Shah doing my anesthesia. He was very knowledgeable about medicine in general, and really took the time to explain to my husband and me exactly what to expect. I was so nervous about needles, but Dr. Shah put in the IV himself almost painlessly as well as the spinal shot. I'll ask for him if I need surgery in the future.

|  The nurses were right  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

If you really want to know for sure who the best doctors are, you ask the people that work with them daily...the nurses. I was having surgery at Doctors' Hospital in Dallas, and I asked five different nurses in different departments of the hospital who they would use, and every one of them said Dr. Shah. They were right. He was very personable, and didn't seemed rushed or put out when he talked to me, even though the staff say he's one of the most efficient anesthesiologists they've known. Thanks for the recommendation!

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

Thank you Dr. Shah for doing my anesthesia. I really appreciate how much time you spent with me and explaining to me what you were going to do and why. I could tell you were really focused on me having a good experience.

Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr. Shah was very nice. I wish more doctors exhibited his respectfullness and professionalism.

Jun 15th, 2011

Dr. Shah is the only doctor I know that puts in IV's. I thought only nurses did that, and he was much better at it. The nurses told me that he likes to do his own IV's because he is the one giving the anesthesia. I liked how he actually sat down with me and answered all of my questions respectfully and patiently.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

Good listener. Very polite and respectful. First impression was that he was kind of overconfident, but in a few minutes he impressed me with his patience and clarity. He let me know realistically what to expect and assured me only he would do the anesthesia. I would highly recommend him

|  I'll ask for him again  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

Dr. Shah is fantastic! All of the nurses I met told me he is the most requested anesthesiologist. I was very nervous about my surgery, but Dr. Shah immediately put me at ease. He sat down right next to me and took very little for granted, and explained very clearly (and accurately) exactly what to expect. I like how he promised that he would be with me during the entire surgery. It's funny how you don't remember the surgery under anesthesia, but I will definitely remember Dr. Shah. The nurses were so right about him. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family!

Jan 20th, 2011

I hope he does my anesthesia when I need surgery in the future. He's one of the sharpest doctors in Dallas!

Nov 5th, 2009

Dr. Shah was so good at explaining things to me and he wasn't pompous about it. He was very respectful and patient

Aug 7th, 2009

best doctor I had the whole week i was in the hospital