Dr. Arjun Reyes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

July 27th, 2015
A solid psychiatrist
Dr. Reyes knows psychiatry. To some what may seem an impersonal manner, I believe is him searching inward for the best plan of care for you. I have much faith in his choices to treat and appreciate he listens to the patient. Anyone complaining he doesn't spend A lot of time or won't see my family must educate themselves that Dr. Reyes is a psychiatrist (MD) , one who manages prescriptions verses a psychologist where you can take yourself and or family and lay on a couch and discuss the world's troubles for an hour. That's how it is the medical world. So it may seem Dr Reyes doesn't care because he doesn't allow you to kick off your shoes and bore him with your woes, but that's not his role. He does care that you are feeling well on your medication and if not he will change it, a lot of psych meds are trial and error. I'm thankful for Dr Reyes and his resolve to have me feeling the best I can.

July 25th, 2015
Dr. Death
If you want a chemical lobotomy, Reyes is your guy. My 20 year history as his patient began with a scrip for Xanax, an addictive benzo. I immediately became so depressed I tried suicide. He kept giving it to me and added over the years every SSRI the pharmaceutical rep gave him. Luvox, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Paxil... all of them...I was a guinea pig and soon completely zombified. He never seem to care or show an ounce of compassion. Never spoke to my family. He even put me through the horror of ECT treatment, aka electrocuting my brain. I lost large chunks of memory from this. At the end I was on huge amounts of trazodone as my body had by then no idea how to sleep naturally. I barely escaped with my life from this psychopath.

September 17th, 2012
A RARE FIND IN AN MD!
I have read all the negative reviews for Dr. Reyes and I have to disagree with all the negative comments and complaints. As a patient of his for many years now, he has brought given me the tools to look at my life in a positive manner and be thankful for wonderful blessings life has to offer. He is a genuinely kind man with the heart of a saint and the knowledge and experience which makes a difference. I am truly grateful for all his insight/support and guidance in my deepest hours of need.Thank you Dr Reyes.

August 28th, 2012
I really did want to like Dr. Reyes, even after reading poor reviews about him, but my very first visit with him was my last. -The staff should have some type of uniform. I felt like I was at a burger joint when I saw young people (my age mind you) wearing jeans and sneakers. It felt very unprofessional. -Upon meeting Dr. Reyes for the first time, he led me to his office and asked me to sit. One of the (younger) staff came to the door before he could close it and began asking for some type of card, while I awkwardly sat and looked around. Also highly unprofessional. When that was settled, he sat behind his desk, at least 10 feet away from where I sat, and introduced himself. Call me old-fashioned, but I like a good handshake and looking into the persons eyes when fist meeting them. The desk is huge and has stacks of papers. It felt impersonal talking to him. I'm ranting, but those were the main issues I had, so I'll leave it up to you, the reader, to make your own opinions.

August 24th, 2012
A sorry excuse for a doctor who should care about the whole patient.
Will NOT meet with the family (even after requests made) leaving the patient in the middle and those supporting the patient to their own devices rather than an informed team. Does not spend enough time or consider the patient as a whole Do not trust him and his motives Seems to take pot shots prescribing drugs and seeing what happens.Appears only interested in prescribing drugs and collecting money with absolutely no regard for involving the family/support for the patient and has missed or disregarded major items impacting the patients progress. Only follow up was a very fast "how are you doing" drug check.Seems to be a weak, insecure little man who hides from all but those who are to weak to stand up for themselves. A sorry excuse for a doctor who should care about the whole patient.

September 1st, 2011
the absolute worst psychiatrist
totally horrific psychiatrist that is clueless!!!!

June 24th, 2011
He could care less about patients
This doctor actually looks out the window, bored to tears, when you open your heart to him. He gives you as little time as possible, and just dispenses drugs, rather than actually caring about what is going on in your life. Find someone with a heart. This guy runs a factory.

January 17th, 2011
AMAZING!!
I feel that he genuinely cares about me and my wellbeing and would confidently assume the same for his other patients. I highly recommend Dr. Reyes and his services to anyone looking to find a psychiatrist to work with on an ongoing basis. He is knowledgeable, helpful, attentive, and has been a real life saver in many respects. He has helped me through the darkest moments of my life.A very caring and patient individual; I am very fortunate to be one of his patients. He knows what he is doing, He is the real deal.

July 14th, 2010
He doesn't seem to care about patients
My last visit, he gazed out the window, obviously bored out of his mind, while I was trying to get some important information from him. I feel like he is in it for the money.

June 22nd, 2010
Go elsewhere
I agree with the other not-so-good review. Run from this guy! Not at all what he should be.

June 26th, 2009
Dr. Reyes does excellent work
My children have been patients of Dr. Reyes for over 10 years. He has always shown concern for their well being & responded promptly when there the occasional problems. He is very professional, & yet his manner is good humored & kind.

May 6th, 2009
My advise? Run, do not walk, AWAY from this idiot!!! "Physician heal thy self".If you have only one problem before seeing this person, you will likely have a dozen before he is through with you! DO NOT TRUST your care to this man!