Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- Living well with Type 2 Diabetes Are you living with type 2 diabetes? This guide to diet, exercise and making the most of your doctor visits will help you to live well with your condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arlene Mercado
Dr. Arlene Mercado, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmhurst, NY, with other offices in Brooklyn, NY and Brooklyn, NY (and 1 other location). She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology. Dr. Mercado is affiliated with Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn University Hospital and SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn. Dr. Mercado has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Arlene Mercado has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s...
Dr. Arlene Mercado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, NY.
Dr. Patria Alba Aponte
Pediatric Endocrinology, Residency
Elmhurst, NY 0.44 mi
Dr. Sehar Ejaz
Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatrics
Corona, NY 0.93 mi7
Dr. Maria Dominicis
Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology
Elmhurst, NY 0.94 mi35