Dr. Arlene Roman MD Patient Reviews

July 2nd, 2016
Great pediatrician, most doctors at UChicago take their kids to her
Dr. Roman came highly recommended from other physicians. My wife and I have been extremely happy with and grateful for the care Dr. Roman and her staff have provided our daughter since birth. All of our questions are always addressed directly and in layman terms, and all of our calls to her nurse are promptly returned the very same day. If you are looking for an outstanding general pediatrician with a warm bedside manner, go see Dr. Roman! My only minor complaint is that she's in such high demand that her schedule fills up so you have to make an appointment in advance, but this is true for any great professional!

February 29th, 2016
She does not follow up with parents with accurate information!
Dr. Roman has been my daughter's Doctor since she was a baby. She is now 8years old. It should be reasonably expected that you be able to contact your doctor when an issue comes up. Not the case now. Her nurses didn't follow up with my numerous calls and when they did it was two days later! My daughter had a high grade fever and two days later I get a message on my voicemail from the nurse who giggles and says, "Oh, I forgot that I never called back!" Wow, really! Fast forward two weeks later and it appears my daughter has pink eye and it travels to both eyes I get the run around from Dr. Roman and the doctor on call for her, Dr. Shi. Dr. Shi said her and Dr. Roman don't believe in giving antibiotics to children for pink eye without seeing them directly. Dr. Shi seemingly understood that I should be able to speak to my doctor. She suggested I call the next morning to speak to her. I did and again Dr. Roman was not in the office. Dr. Roman called and left a message to call in for an appointment knowing that she was not in thee office. She negated to provide that detail! Total disregard for my daughter's well-being and lack of communication. I have asked to speak with Dr. Roman directly and have not thus far! She is generally a good doctor but her follow-up and problem-solving has been poor. I'm totally dissatisfied with her interpersonal skills and communication skills with parents.

January 6th, 2015
Excellent "bedside manner"; answered all of our questions very clearly; highly recommend