Pediatrician, Surgical Specialist

Medical Center
3901 Beaubien St
Detroit, MI 48201
313-745-0247
Locations and availability (1)

|  TERRIBLE DOCTOR. TERRIBLE BED SIDE MANNER, RUDE, SHORT AND MISINFORMED  |  show details
by Upset Mother on May 6th, 2014

I had a terrible experience with this dr both times my child saw her. The second time my child was seen by her, she told me he needed to have botox done on his neck due to torticollis. He had only been in physical therapy for 4 months and he was 6 months old. That is not enough time for a child to be in therapy and for her to suggest such a procedure so early on. She showed me what my son's neck still looked like and the way she cocked her neck resembled what he did when he was a newborn. I had a comparisson photo and she was dead wrong about the way he looked. He only had a very slight tilt. She grabbed his head to try to turn it, and he resisted and began crying. She never said hello to him before she did this. Also, everyone knows when they have a tort baby, they don't like their head to be touched, b/c of all of the stretches he has to have done to him. So, of course, he was going to resist and cry. Aside from that, he doesn't know you. My son was discharged from therapy just 3 months later, which was great. The way he progressed was wonderful and had I listened to her suggestion of having botox at 6 months of age-well, that would have been a terrible mistake. Prior to her suggestion for botox, he had been making progress with therapy. The dr felt he was making no progress. The way she delivered this news was terrible. She was very dry, short and only stayed with me in the room for about 5 minutes. She sent in her assistant to answer further questions b/c she told me, "Now I have so much paperwork to fill out." The first visit w/ her, she was in the room approx 2 min. Received a phone call on her cell phone, left the room, and had her assistant answer questions. I would suggest seeing Dr. Ham, instead of her. She is a plastic surgeon, and of course would be all for botox. That's how she will make her money. Dr. Ham, we saw at St. John's (as long as you're a St. John's patient, he will see you there). He was much better and was in disagreement with having Botox that early on. Regardless, do not see this dr unless you want someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and is rude.

|  The World's Greatest  |  show details
by Brittney Moxley on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr Rozzelle is AWSOME! My son was diagnosed with a rare condition caled Choanal Atresia and was in need of several sergeries to correct his birth defect in his nose. Though he is still undergoing these series of invasive operations, Dr Rozzelle has made my son's nose beautiful so far and made my husband and I more at ease with dealing with his medical condition. She is sharp at what she does and is kind and professional. I love Dr Rozzelle and will thank her to the end. Her assistant Peggy Schorr is AWSOME and kind also, she is a sweetheart and spends much time comforting the patient and parents. God Bless Dr Rozzelle and Team!

|  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

Dr Rozelle saved our daughter's life while having an allergic reaction to Reglan at the ICU of Children's Hosp. Detroit. She took charge and performed an emergency Trach when other ENT's stood by trying to decide what to do. We will be forever grateful.

|  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

She is the best for dealing with plagiocephaly, but because of this, there are huge wait times are her helmet clinics. At our first helmet check appointment, we waited 2.5 hours! I wish I would have known ahead of time otherwise I wouldhave have brought my 2 year old son as well. It was a nightmare. The last appointment we waited only 55 mintues and I was smarter to get a sitter for my son. Depsite the long wait times, we are still satisfied with this doctor because she is the expert in our daughter's condition and gave us the answer we were looking for.