Child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist

John Muir Behavioral Health
2740 Grant St
Concord, CA 94520
925-674-4115
Locations and availability (2)

|  Finally - a doctor who listens and involves me  |  show details
by NW on Jan 10th, 2014

I've seen a number of doctors, psychologists and psychiatrists in different countries over the past 16 years, struggling to manage my anxiety and depression. I met with Dr Danielyan after a serious medication reaction required emergency treatment and he was the first who could squeeze me in for an appointment, but I'll continue seeing him as long as I need meditation to help me function 'normally'. 'Nan' is really helpful and kind. Appointment reminders help. Why 5 stars? I'm involved in the decision making, I'm taking only as much as I need, we continue to fine tune and he's accessible by email or phone should I need to ask questions. It feels like a sitting down with a really smart guy without the ego - a genuine guy helping me get more out of life. Dr D is calm, attentive and I never feel rushed. He's very knowledgeable on medications, the mixing of various types, their effects (good and bad) and what realistic expectations I should have. It's taken a few visits to find a balance and we're still making small adjustments to get the best results. Bonus - there's rarely any waiting beyond my appointment time, the office doesn't feel clinical and easy to park and access in Walnut Creek.

|  Patent of Teenager  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2013

Dr. Danielyan is a 5 star doctor! He has been able to establish easy rapport with my teenager, which has made all the difference in treatment. Not only is he a good listener, he is wonderful at explaining things on a level that is easy to understand. He takes his time making sure we are following his explanations, and never makes us feel rushed. Our appointments consistently begin on-time, and we are able to see Dr. Danielyan when we need to. One aspect of Dr. Danielyan's practice that I find particularly helpful is the ability to contact him by email. Dr. Danielyan is very responsive to emails, and is overall very reachable. Most importantly, my teenager is comfortable speaking with him, and that is a critical element to successful treatment.

by Kathy D on Oct 14th, 2013

Dr Daniellyan was strongly recommended to us for our son’s anxiety issues by a therapist we hold in high regard. Our son has been seeing Dr. Danielyan for a few months now, and we have been very happy. In our initial visit, which lasted 90 minutes, Dr. Danielyan thoroughly explored the issues. He talked with all of us together, he talked with our son one-on-one, and he talked with us. He asked many questions, and listened to the answers attentively, patiently teasing out the issues. The upshot was that at the end of the session we felt reassured that he had taken the time and the care to ensure that he had a solid understanding of what was going on. He also took time to patiently explain his diagnosis and the options for treatment. Consequently, it was with comfort and confidence that we embarked on a treatment program, and that program has had a very beneficial effect.. Even so, he is very thorough and patient in follow-up visits. We feel great comfort that our son is in good hands, and we would recommend Dr. Danielyan without hesitation to our family and friends.

by Albert on Feb 15th, 2013

Just wanted to share the fantastic experience I had working with Dr. Danielyan over the last view months. I was referred to him by a family friend who has been a long-time patient of Dr. Danielyan's and spoke very highly of his professional expertise and work ethics. I am so glad I followed the advice and made an appointment. From the very beginning Dr. Danielyan's office was very helpful and accommodating in setting up the initial consultation and helping me with the necessary paperwork and questionnaires. The visit itself was the most helpful and productive counseling session I have ever had — Dr. Danielyan was very attentive and meticulous in answering my questions and suggesting possible approaches. I always look forward to my visits and would most certainly recommend Dr. Danielyan to friends and family.

by KH on Jan 31st, 2013

We can't say enough about Dr. Danielyan. He has been there for our daughter and supportive of our family, in this difficult time. He is kind, caring, trusting and attentive. Any changes he might make in medication he's always clear to make sure we understand everything about it the science, side effects, etc. Thank you so much Dr. Danielyan

Nov 16th, 2012

Great experience in working with Dr. Arman Danielyan in rooting my depression problems through actively participating in my situation.