Dr. Armand Schachter Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Armand Schachter?

August 26th, 2017

Horrible Inpatient

I was hospitalized at Brookwood for severe depression and was assigned this guy. He would have staff wake his patients up extremely early and spend about 1-2 minutes, at most. It's outrageous that patients are allowed to be woken up so early (often before 6AM) and that a psychiatrist can spend so little time evaluating them.

October 28th, 2016

Completely disinterested.

I went in for postpartum depression and anxiety. My daughter is 7 weeks old and we have a very wonderful nursing relationship, and formula is expensive, so I wanted my meds to be reviewed (already on some). Also needed see if any adjustments needed to be made that was still safe for breastfeeding. He was very impatient, didn't even ask why I was there except "postpartum depression". He prescribed me medication that was NOT safe for nursing, and told me it was my call and to ask my pediatrician/OB if I needed more information on safety. He even prescribed me Ambien!!! With a newborn baby!!!! Not going to him again, need another doctor. :(

September 12th, 2016

WORSE DR. IN THE WORLD

This is the worse of the worse Dr. ever.... He is a disgrace to other Dr. who really care about there pt. he is rude , very bad bedside manners , LIER !! will tell you he is gonna change your meds ..HE DIDN'T ....tells you he is discharging you will tell the nurses.... NEVER EVEN SPOKE TO THE NURSES..... when I ask the nurses about it my nurse said honey he just told you that to shut me up!!! ( this is a stay in hospital at Brookwood ) so 2 days later I confronted him about flat out lying to me , I know he was not expecting that.. lucky me I was discharged with in 2 hrs, I would not send my dog to that man. AND BELIEVE ME when I say don't send me a bill cause I'm not paying you ...trust me you want get a penny from this chic....I feel so sorry for all those pt. I met in the hospital that this dr. is treating and not by there chose he was the one on call.....

August 21st, 2012

Patient's welfare at the forefront

He has a big heart, although seems intimidating maybe because he's well over 6 ft, promotes mutual trust, knows the latest about all medication that can effect mental conditions, dedicated, experienced. Best to have a list of things to talk about when you see him or any other doctor. I trust him with my life and anyone elses life.

July 29th, 2012

My father was a patient of his in Brookwood Hospital. He was never available for discussion. Did not share plan of care with family. NOT good for patient and family with Alzheimers.

July 26th, 2012

Run away from this doctor

This doctor is the worst doctor that I have ever dealt with.I have been taking prozac for 20 years now and most doctors will either give me a 6 or 12 month prescription for it.Doctor Schachter only fills my prescription for 30 days and then requires me to come in to get refills. I have told him that I have problems paying for office visits to him because of unemployment but he didn't care.One time I told him that I was having suicidal thoughts because I have been unemployed, losing my house to foreclosure, teetering on bankruptcy, and about to lose my wife/child to divorce. His response was for me to see him in 30 days and he sent me away.One time I lost my prescription that he wrote (for Prozac & Wellbutrin) and when I called his office to have him call in the prescription to the Pharmacy his reply was that he would need me to come in and see him again and the first appointment that he had available was in 2 weeks. I was out of my Anti-Anxiety medicine and I had just seen him 3 days previous and he could have just looked at his notes and called the prescription into the pharmacy. Dr Schachter knew I was without the medicine and even after a few days I called him to have him call in the prescription because I was becoming suicidal but he wouldn't do anything. After 2 weeks without medication I saw him in his office and he wrote me another prescription and charged me $40 for an 4 minute office visit.

June 1st, 2012

Dr Schachter is the worst doctor that I have ever dealt with. His bedside manner is terrible. He only seems to care about money and not the patient. He normally only spends 3-5 minutes with me and then rushes me out the door. One time that I was in crisis I went to see him for help and he just rushed thru the interview.I told him that I had lost my job, my house, and was filing bankruptcy and was feeling suicidal and his only response was OK, and to come back and see him in a month. He shouldnt have a license.

January 17th, 2011

Great doctor

Really improved my quality of life

January 13th, 2011

patient

January 7th, 2011

Playing around with life-threatening medications...

Dr. Schachter oversaw my(30 yr old male) care to come off of a Benzodiazepine. In a hospital setting, I did not know and was not told that he was taking me off my Anti-deppressant(Effexor 225mg), my sleep medication(Trazodone100mg), and my BLOOD PRESSURE(Catapres 0.2mg) MEDICATION!!!! Taken off all meds COLD TURKEY. He explained that in order to "see where we were" he had to discontinue all my meds. He substituded my benzo for another benzo...not lowering the dosage, but increasing the time intervals b/w doses. My diastolic & systolic BP numbers stayed above 140 & 100 for 2& 1/2 days. I left "against medical advice" because I didn't want to have a heart attack. Went back to primary physician, back on BP & sleep meds & feeling better. Dr. Schach is a QUACK!! PLEASE RESEARCH HIM BEFORE USING HIM, THE INFO IS OUT THERE, PLEASE, PLEASE DIG AROUND-YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE...

November 3rd, 2009

Close to Overdose

This doctor gave me so much clonazepam, ativan and ambien that one nurse at a different practice told me for my body weight I could have had an overdose. Another told me that I was taking so much that I probably could not stay awake long enough to even take the prescribed dosages. When I had a crisis and made an emergency appointment, he told me he could not help me, gave me a fake list of other psych's, and told me to leave his office after 10 minutes, even though I was very nice. Funny thing is, he prescribed all of these medicines over the phone, and didn't speak with me once over the phone. I was prescribed 1mg of clonazepan 3 times daily (not as needed, but every day), 10 mg of Ambien a night (again, every night), and 1 mg of Ativan 3 times a day(AGAIN, every day). These are all controlled substances and I am a 23 year old female who weighs 125 lbs-you do the math. Plus I was prescribed a mood stabilizer AND an antidepressant to take every day. Do your own research, and form your own opinion, but I plan to report him to the board...

October 24th, 2009