Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 16th, 2016

Very rude very unprofessional

malpractice show details malpractice
by Anna Sitkey on Apr 14th, 2016

He did my right hip replacement surgery. I can't lift up that leg strait, because it was turned outside about 40-45 degrees. When I complained about he after the surgery, the answer was, that "probably that was the only way, he could fit in" the rotating part. I can't live up this leg as far, as a step, just pulling the leg with my "good " leg. I put uneven pressure to my feet and my knees, and, for that reason, I had a foot surgery and 2 orthoscopic surgery. That did not repair my knee, and I need a knee replacement, I was afraid to go through that surgery, fearing, that I'll suffer a lot from my twisted leg, and consequently the bad hip surgery will ruin my new knees, also. Sometimes I do not find my balance and fell. 2 months ago my bad leg slid under my good one, pushing it to the wall, why I tried to come down the step. 3 bone broke in my leg and feet, and I still can't walk. This is terrible, a real nightmare, do not even mention all of that pain I went through since that hip surgery: A.S. Unfortunately, the lowest rating is one star, but he does not deserve that. The hip replacement surgery ruined my life

by * on Mar 10th, 2016

Just a follow up. I WON my court case, no thanks to this medical (professional?). They will be reimbursing ALL my back pay, after proving mr berm and diagnosis was a farce. Eventually you Kent be practicing medicine, and hopefully you'll be on the other end, like many here, from your wrongful actions, to have to scrounge and wonder how you'll make ends meet. If it were on my best interests I would notify the board of medicine, about your scam. But I a much better person. Please seriously think about retiring.

Feb 9th, 2016

Worst doctor always cancels appotiment. Almost everytime

Belongs in Jail for lying and perjury show details Belongs in Jail for lying and perjury
by BB on Jan 13th, 2016

You will see every post here as relatively the same. A medical professional? I wouldn't have enough space to write what a lying sob this poor excuse of a man, is. I only hope he gets what he deserves. Seriously the most pathetic excuse for a man you will ever have the discouraging experience to meet.

Pathetic show details Pathetic
Jan 9th, 2016

It'd be nearly impossible to find a worse doctor. The thought that this guy took a medical oath at one time is scary. Completely corrupt and unprofessional. Dr Berman is a poor excuse of not only a doctor, but of a human being!

This man has to go show details This man has to go
by _____ on Oct 11th, 2015

Very simply, totally unprofessional man. He is head of the Workman Comp Board, meaning no matter why you go to him, if for an IME you will get a 20 page report of lies, so companies don't have to pay claims. He also gives lectures to insurance companies on how to deny claims, making honest people appear as criminals. Karma is a real thing. One day we all answer to a higher authority. I wonder how you'll feel then.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
time to retire show details time to retire
by Jack Kolber on Sep 27th, 2015

bogus doctor do not get IME from him tells wife to go back to work and will be getting surgery in 2 weeks

Please Read !!! show details Please Read !!!
by Annonymous on May 5th, 2015

This is a joke yes ? Ok so the only thing that hold me back from addressing the medical examiners office to report this man is I am fatigued and don't have the patience or time. I honestly have never met a more rude and arrogant dr in all my years. He is obviously paid well to deny honest people's accident claims. I wonder how he would feel if he needed a dr himself and had to deal with the reactions I have heard, in the adjoining examination rooms, and what I've read about his reviews. But again I have a conscious. Not to mention also the building and office where I was seen should be condemned. Literally tiles falling from the ceiling, dust that looks like it accumulated for years, and a totally rude and demeaning office staff. I actually came out of the office feeling violated. I was rudely treated, interrupted constantly when giving my symptoms and what happened, and waited 3 hours for a ten minute appointment. This man seriously needs to retire and I hope he reads what others hVe written about him. Please retire. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Is this criminal still around? show details Is this criminal still around?
Jan 12th, 2015

I went to Berman about 5 years ago and I'm amazed he's still around. There's no excuse as to why this guy hasn't been locked up. He completely fabricated his IME report on me (and hundreds of others, I'm sure) then went to court and blatantly lied under oath! From the looks of it, not much has changed. Pitiful!

Terrible show details Terrible
Oct 10th, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever been to. Extremely rude and nasty. Extremely late (over 2 hour wait). He didn't let me explain my condition to him, as he repeatedly interrupted me while speaking. When I was able to get a sentence out, he would have a nasty response to it. I waited over two hours in the waiting room and spent less than ten minutes in his office.

Aug 17th, 2014

Terrible doctor. He's rude, mean, lies, does anything he can to keep insurance companies paying him for IMEs. He shouldn't have a medical license.

Take a closer look ... blinding flash of the obvious show details Take a closer look ... blinding flash of the obvious
by Margie on Jul 4th, 2014

I just wanted to make a comment about the woman who wrote such a rave review for Dr. Berman. A few things she's overlooking is that she "sought HIM out," which is a totally different experience for the patient. Contrast that with someone who is forced to see him for an IME. The treatment of the patient will be completely different. Many patients don't have a choice with regard to the doctor they would like to see for and "independent" medical exam. The doctor's integrity should be the same no matter who the patient is and it's not up to you to make the determination as to what is a legitimate claim and what isn't. Based on reading the reviews posted, there is a major discrepancy and an unethical bias that comes through in the ratings. It's sad really, when a doctor chooses to disregard his ethics to receive a check ... so who is really scamming who?

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Liar! Liar! show details Liar! Liar!
Jun 22nd, 2014

He is an insurance company's paid liar!

Worst Docter I've Ever Been To show details Worst Docter I've Ever Been To
by Marty on Mar 21st, 2014

He spent less than 10 minutes examining me! He was a very rude and disrespectful doctor as well. Would not let me explain my condition, as he would talk over me when trying to explain or just leave the room. His waiting room was packed and I was seen 2 hours past my scheduled time! It seemed like he tried to rush through his exam to get to the next patient. Overall, the worst experience I've had with a doctor in my life. I would not recommend him to anybody.

Terrible doctor- Terrible person show details Terrible doctor- Terrible person
Feb 18th, 2014

Dr. Berman WILL NOT give you a fair or honest evaluation. You will be lucky if he even looks at you during the exam. He spent 5 minutes evaluating me, yet somehow wrote a 7 page detailed report of imaginary procedures he did. This guy is a pitiful and shameful excuse of a doctor! People like Dr. Berman belong in jail!

Stay Far Away!!! show details Stay Far Away!!!
Jan 16th, 2014

He's a perfect definition of a crooked doctor. His exam is very brief, with him just going through the motions. He was very rude and unprofessional . He left his office multiple times, in the middle of his testing, to answer his cell phone. Dr Berman is by far the worst doctor I've ever been seen by. Please, do whatever you can to try to have your doctor switched from this quack to anybody else.

Dr. Nightmare! show details Dr. Nightmare!
by Bonnie C on Sep 25th, 2013

This doctor possesses all the qualities a good independent medical examiner should - arrogant, ignorant, rude, obnoxious, corrupt, senile and unprofessional. He was kind enough to have me wait 2 hours past my appointment time in his overcrowded waiting room, only to give me the "honors" of spending less than 5 minutes examining me. He was equally kind in lying multiple times in his medical report. Dr. Berman, you are the bottom of the barrel LEACH! My day will come and you will be exposed as the phony, corrupt prostitute of insurance companies that you are.

HORRIBLE show details HORRIBLE
by D.T. on Sep 15th, 2013

This "doctor" spent less than 5 minutes "examining" me! He was staring at the floor during most of this time. He left his office many times to answer his cell phone. He treated me terrible and had no interest in giving me a legitimate exam. I felt like a camera crew was going to appear and it would be a prank for some TV show. Unfortunately, this was his real exam and he's corrupt.

Doesn't deserve 1 star-WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD show details Doesn't deserve 1 star-WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD
May 4th, 2013

This guy doesn't know what day of the week it is, let alone somebody's medical issues.He had no clue as to my medical condition and had no interest in finding out. He is rude and sarcastic. Don't expect an accurate exam or diagnosis from this guy, because you won't get one!

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
This guy is a HACK show details This guy is a HACK
Apr 15th, 2013

This "doctor" is a complete disgrace to the medical field. He provided me an "exam" that lasted no longer than several minutes. He is rude and I'm not sure why he asked me questions regarding my condition, since he failed to document anything I told him. In fact, he flat out lied on his report about his questions he asked me and about his mockery of an exam. I'm not sure how this guy is called a "doctor". He didn't even pretend to give me a real exam. Truly ashamed that this country allows shenanigans like Arnold Berman and his circus to "analyze" people with injuries. A complete joke!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Look elsewhere for an opinion. show details Look elsewhere for an opinion.
Feb 7th, 2013

Absolutely the worst Dr I have seen in my life. Rude, disrespectful and unclean. Not once did he wash his hands or use sanitizer after walking from one consult to mine. DO NOT SEE THIS DR!!

What a Clown show details What a Clown
Nov 28th, 2012

This guy isn't s real doctor,he's a fraud! Waited 2 1/2 hours past my appointment time only to be seen by this guy for several minutes. He conducted a half effort exam on me and didn't pay attention during it. He is too old and senile to be a doctor. Do not expect an accurate diagnosis or evaluation. What you can expect is a grumpy old man to give you an attitude and ignore you to answer private cell phone calls

Sep 10th, 2012

He should get out of medicine and be a patient

GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR show details GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR
Jun 13th, 2012

I waited for 2.5 hours in his office and he spent about 10 minutes with me. Half that time he took personal calls and the other half he barely examined me. He is too old to be practising and quite forgetful. I don't think he is up to date on the latest medical papers either so stir well clear!

Most Horrible Medical Exam Ever! show details Most Horrible Medical Exam Ever!
Apr 13th, 2012

After arriving on time, I waited two hours to be seen by Dr.Berman. He did not give me a proper exam. He snapped at me when I attempted to describe my physical limitations and completely ignored my complaints. He was rude and obnoxious and did not make any eye contact with me then walked out of the office as I was asking questions. His assistant even appeared uncomfortable with the Dr.'s unproffesionalism. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!

Unprofessional, Shamefully late show details Unprofessional, Shamefully late
Jan 31st, 2012

This doctor needs to retire. I arrived for my appointment on time, only to find 5 people ahead of me who had already been waiting over TWO HOURS for this doctor to even enter the building. Three others had left without being seen. Did not abide by HIPAA laws- I had to ASK to close the treatment room door so that no one waiting could hear our discussion. Did not provide an accurate assessment or appropriate examination of problem presented to him. Asked ME what my thoughts were on diagnosis. Dr- go home and stay there. You are rude and thoughtless.

Terrible experience show details Terrible experience
Feb 12th, 2010

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a physician. I waited 1:20 to be seen by the physician. He became beligerent when I was not able to perform certain movements he asked me to do and began raising his voice. The office staff was curteous.

Inaccurate diagnosis show details Inaccurate diagnosis
Dec 4th, 2009

He didn't fully understand or want to get an understanding of the full medical history prior and after the auto accident he was consulting on.

Apr 11th, 2009