Surgeons

Hahnemann Orthopedic Institute
221 N Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-564-2114
Locations and availability (3)

1.0

• Currently 1.2058823529412 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.2058823529412 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Take a closer look ... blinding flash of the obvious  |  show details
by Margie on Jul 4th, 2014

I just wanted to make a comment about the woman who wrote such a rave review for Dr. Berman. A few things she's overlooking is that she "sought HIM out," which is a totally different experience for the patient. Contrast that with someone who is forced to see him for an IME. The treatment of the patient will be completely different. Many patients don't have a choice with regard to the doctor they would like to see for and "independent" medical exam. The doctor's integrity should be the same no matter who the patient is and it's not up to you to make the determination as to what is a legitimate claim and what isn't. Based on reading the reviews posted, there is a major discrepancy and an unethical bias that comes through in the ratings. It's sad really, when a doctor chooses to disregard his ethics to receive a check ... so who is really scamming who?

|  Liar! Liar!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2014

He is an insurance company's paid liar!

|  SCUM BAG  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2014

Dr. Berman is an old, nasty prostitute. He's paid by insurance companies to submit fraudulent reports. He's not a doctor, he's a filthy wh0re for whatever insurance company is pimping him out. This criminal needs to be in a jail.

|  Arrogant, corrupt, a$$hole  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

"I stopped doing surgery several years ago because of my wife passing away from cancer". This is how Berman begins every testimony in court. He's a despicable person who tries to get sympathy from his wife passing. Berman is as corrupt as they come, even for IME's. He has numerous complaints filed against him from numerous patients and attorneys. But, that's why the insurance companies hire him, he's a corrupt liar, and that's just what they want. If you have an upcoming visit with this criminal, I suggest bringing a witness and recording the visit. It won't matter much, he will still completely lie in his exam report, but at least somebody else can see what a disgusting, dirty, old pig he really is.

|  Worst Docter I've Ever Been To  |  show details
by Marty on Mar 21st, 2014

He spent less than 10 minutes examining me! He was a very rude and disrespectful doctor as well. Would not let me explain my condition, as he would talk over me when trying to explain or just leave the room. His waiting room was packed and I was seen 2 hours past my scheduled time! It seemed like he tried to rush through his exam to get to the next patient. Overall, the worst experience I've had with a doctor in my life. I would not recommend him to anybody.

|  Terrible doctor- Terrible person  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2014

Dr. Berman WILL NOT give you a fair or honest evaluation. You will be lucky if he even looks at you during the exam. He spent 5 minutes evaluating me, yet somehow wrote a 7 page detailed report of imaginary procedures he did. This guy is a pitiful and shameful excuse of a doctor! People like Dr. Berman belong in jail!

|  Dirt Bag  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2014

This old wrinkled prune face is a shady and inconsiderate, lying piece of dog doo. He didnt even spend more than 5 minutes examining me. If he saw me ten minutes after his BS exam, he wouldn't even recognize me. Literally made no eye contact with me. He was on the cell phone during most of test. He's a prime example of a doctor who abuses his power and gets paid off to perform these false exams. Complete joke! Shame on you Berman!!!! You dirt bag, piece of trash

|  Stay Far Away!!!  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2014

He's a perfect definition of a crooked doctor. His exam is very brief, with him just going through the motions. He was very rude and unprofessional . He left his office multiple times, in the middle of his testing, to answer his cell phone. Dr Berman is by far the worst doctor I've ever been seen by. Please, do whatever you can to try to have your doctor switched from this quack to anybody else.

|  HIRED GUN FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2013

What you can expect- waiting for several hours after your appointment time. Grumpy old doctor who will be rude and sarcastic from the moment he meets you. A doctor who will give you a half effort exam in which he spend only a few minutes. A doctor who has his eyes on the floor during the exam and won't make eye contact with you. A doctor who even though will only spend a few brief minutes examining you, will leave his office repeatedly to answer his cell phone. You will be asked questions about your condition that this doctor will either not write down your answer or interrupt you while answering. A COMPLETELY BOGUS MEDICAL EVALUATION AND MEDICAL REPORT! What Not To Expect- Any type of professionalism or fair treatment, an honest human being, a doctor who isn't a hired gun for whatever insurance company is paying him for his BS exam. As far as IME's go, old Arnold Palmer is one of the most corrupt IME physician's, aka hired guns, out there. He doesn't even pretend to give you a real exam. He will also completely lie on his medical report and make false and misleading statements of your condition. Don't believe me???? Look at this quack's reviews from his patients from the previous 5 years....

|  Maybey 8 years ago his ex partner was right...  |  show details
by not importent on Dec 4th, 2013

When I went to Dr berman in 2005 he was too old to be operating on patients already. Before and after my othroscopic surgery I met with dr Berman 5 times.He assured me the first we meet he could fix my knees.His partner at the time was in the room and did most of the talking. So I let them do the operation. The day of it his partner was nowhere to be seen. So Berman did it. The first post op apt I had was 3 days later. When I got droped off his partner was taking his name off the building,well workmen were doin it really. I saw his partner on my way in and he told me he dissolved the partnership with Dr Berman. He told me he needed to distance himself from Dr Berman. Each time I went to his office he had no idea who I was or that he had seen me before. Didn't even remember he had operated on me. This was 2005. He was abusive to his staff right in front of me and I could hear him yelling at them even when the door was closed. When he would talk to me After he operated he made no other effort to explain why I was still in so much pain or did he care. I never asked him for pain meds or anything like that,but the last time I saw him he was so rude, His nurse joked at the time ,he needs his nap. I was really shocked to see he still is in practice.Please if you read this don't let that man touch you.

|  Corruption at it's worst  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2013

I am baffled how people like Dr. Berman are not illegal. I was sent for a supposed independent exam by WC. I had already been treated and evaluated by numerous doctors through out the state. After having FIVE different doctors evaluate my condition and give their reports, all which indicate the severity of my condition, I was sent to Dr. Berman. After waiting in his overcrowded office for over 2 hours, where several people just gave up and left, I was called into his office. His assistant asked me several questions about my condition, Dr. Berman entered the room, his head was glued to the floor as he failed to make eye contact with me once. He asked me several questions about my condition and during this time he either interrupted me while answering or did not document what I answered. He repeatedly left his office to answer his cell phone as well. His actual exam was a joke! He hastily did a few procedures, which included squeezing his hand to check my arm strength and hitting my knee to check reflexes. In total, I was out of his office in less than 10 minutes. Fast forward a few months, I received a copy of Dr. Berman's medical report. He completely lied on this report! He stated he gave me numerous test and conducted extensive procedures! He wrote all types of lies in his report, making false statements that he claimed I said. Maybe he confused the guy on his cell phone with me! I am rather ashamed to live in a country that would allow stuff like this to happen. I am a hard working person who has never attempted to abuse the system. How can a 5 minute exam by a doctor who is employed by Workers Comp outweigh the five doctors who actually spent time with me and took an honest evaluation? We have a court date scheduled soon, where Dr. Berman must testify to his exam. I cringe to think of him raising his hand to take an oath in a court of law, then blatantly lying. I will keep everybody posted on the court situation. Again, this man is corrupt! Do not expect to be treated fairly or given an honest evaluation, because you will not get one!

|  Dr. Nightmare!  |  show details
by Bonnie C on Sep 25th, 2013

This doctor possesses all the qualities a good independent medical examiner should - arrogant, ignorant, rude, obnoxious, corrupt, senile and unprofessional. He was kind enough to have me wait 2 hours past my appointment time in his overcrowded waiting room, only to give me the "honors" of spending less than 5 minutes examining me. He was equally kind in lying multiple times in his medical report. Dr. Berman, you are the bottom of the barrel LEACH! My day will come and you will be exposed as the phony, corrupt prostitute of insurance companies that you are.

|  HORRIBLE  |  show details
by D.T. on Sep 15th, 2013

This "doctor" spent less than 5 minutes "examining" me! He was staring at the floor during most of this time. He left his office many times to answer his cell phone. He treated me terrible and had no interest in giving me a legitimate exam. I felt like a camera crew was going to appear and it would be a prank for some TV show. Unfortunately, this was his real exam and he's corrupt.

|  Fraud Fraud Fraud Fraud Fraud Fraud Fraud  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2013

Haha! That post below is amusing, obviously a family member or employee. Why would u concern yourself with other people's cases? If u had a great experience with Dr Berman, which I highly doubt, good for you. Just curious as to why or how you think you have some inside information about Bermans other patients and their situations? For your information, Dr Berman is a doctor who is employed by insurance companies to conduct "independent" exams. From my own personal experience, he provided a completely fraudulent exam and medical report. Dr Berman is a fraud and gets paid by insurance companies to provide false medical exams. He has made many people's lives extremely difficult due to his greed and biased reports. So if Dr Bermans "great sence of humor" (yea rite) was a great experience then that's great. But please stop posting about other people's experiences with him!

|  Best Surgeon EVER  |  show details
by Deb C. on Aug 7th, 2013

I had injured my knee whilst running to catch a plane overseas, when I returned to the states I made an appointment to see Dr Berman as he can well recommended to me. I'm not a person to waste time of try to suck money out of employers, so I believe my interaction was different from others posted for those reasons. I'd fallen, cracked my kneecap, tore my meniscus and "wanted" to get better. Dr Berman operated TWICE on me, my first surgery from the fall injured my right knee and the surgery was preformed at Hahnemann and I had a full recovery. A couple years later, I tore the meniscus in my left knee and again sought out Dr Berman, he was then practicing at Graduate. Again a very successful surgery with a complete recovery. My daughter had a knee injury from years of cheerleading and I took her to Dr Berman and once again, a successful surgery with complete healing. I love Dr Berman's sense of humor and his no bs attitude. So I guess what I'm saying is those of you who are trying to "cheat" the system and for whatever reason are trying to suck up monies not due to you because of your imaginary issues.. well, steer clear of Dr Berman, he will see right through you! Kudos to him! As for me and my family, we love the man!!!

|  Doesn't deserve 1 star-WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD  |  show details
May 4th, 2013

This guy doesn't know what day of the week it is, let alone somebody's medical issues.He had no clue as to my medical condition and had no interest in finding out. He is rude and sarcastic. Don't expect an accurate exam or diagnosis from this guy, because you won't get one!

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  This guy is a HACK  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2013

This "doctor" is a complete disgrace to the medical field. He provided me an "exam" that lasted no longer than several minutes. He is rude and I'm not sure why he asked me questions regarding my condition, since he failed to document anything I told him. In fact, he flat out lied on his report about his questions he asked me and about his mockery of an exam. I'm not sure how this guy is called a "doctor". He didn't even pretend to give me a real exam. Truly ashamed that this country allows shenanigans like Arnold Berman and his circus to "analyze" people with injuries. A complete joke!

|  Look elsewhere for an opinion.  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2013

Absolutely the worst Dr I have seen in my life. Rude, disrespectful and unclean. Not once did he wash his hands or use sanitizer after walking from one consult to mine. DO NOT SEE THIS DR!!

|  He doesn't Deserve 1 star  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2013

If you have questions about this guy, just read all of his bad reviews! He saw me nearly 3 hours after my appointment time. He was rude, sarcastic and brings new meaning to the word unprofessional. Some type of criminal investigation should be conducted on this guy and his malpractice!

|  What a Clown  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

This guy isn't s real doctor,he's a fraud! Waited 2 1/2 hours past my appointment time only to be seen by this guy for several minutes. He conducted a half effort exam on me and didn't pay attention during it. He is too old and senile to be a doctor. Do not expect an accurate diagnosis or evaluation. What you can expect is a grumpy old man to give you an attitude and ignore you to answer private cell phone calls

|  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

He should get out of medicine and be a patient

|  GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

I waited for 2.5 hours in his office and he spent about 10 minutes with me. Half that time he took personal calls and the other half he barely examined me. He is too old to be practising and quite forgetful. I don't think he is up to date on the latest medical papers either so stir well clear!

|  Most Horrible Medical Exam Ever!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

After arriving on time, I waited two hours to be seen by Dr.Berman. He did not give me a proper exam. He snapped at me when I attempted to describe my physical limitations and completely ignored my complaints. He was rude and obnoxious and did not make any eye contact with me then walked out of the office as I was asking questions. His assistant even appeared uncomfortable with the Dr.'s unproffesionalism. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!

|  Unprofessional, Shamefully late  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

This doctor needs to retire. I arrived for my appointment on time, only to find 5 people ahead of me who had already been waiting over TWO HOURS for this doctor to even enter the building. Three others had left without being seen. Did not abide by HIPAA laws- I had to ASK to close the treatment room door so that no one waiting could hear our discussion. Did not provide an accurate assessment or appropriate examination of problem presented to him. Asked ME what my thoughts were on diagnosis. Dr- go home and stay there. You are rude and thoughtless.

|  Terrible experience  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2010

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a physician. I waited 1:20 to be seen by the physician. He became beligerent when I was not able to perform certain movements he asked me to do and began raising his voice. The office staff was curteous.

|  Inaccurate diagnosis  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2009

He didn't fully understand or want to get an understanding of the full medical history prior and after the auto accident he was consulting on.

|  show details