Overall Review

no change

October 3rd, 2016
Very attentive doctor
Dr. Carothers always welcomes me like a friend when I have visits. He is very thorough when he is examining me and listens to all my questions & comments.

May 9th, 2016
My First and Last Visit
Dr. Carothers does like most doctor's do when they can't pinpoint a specific problem, they insult the patient by telling implying that it's all in our heads. "Oh it's just anxiety and/or stress." WRONG in my case. He even chuckled when I said that I've been having a low-grade fever for months. I mentioned that I'd had some chest pain, he never even offered to do an x-ray. I felt he didn't take my complaints seriously. It was a waste of my time and money. Now I'm back to square one, trying to find a doctor who cares enough to do their job.

March 22nd, 2016
Great Dr
Great bedside manners, very efficient and knowledgeable. Will refer fam and friends..

February 2nd, 2016
Listened to my concerns. Great bedside manner. He is kind and genuine. I will be back and refer my family and friends.

September 19th, 2015
Very nice. Took his time. Excellent bedside manners. Listens. He genuinely cares.

September 5th, 2013
Follow up pretty much non-existent
We brought my Father-in-law to see Dr Carothers - he is an Alzheimer's 87 year old who was having extreme agitation. They took blood work and urinalysis. A week later after several calls we finally hear he has a uti and they prescribed meds. They told my mother-in- law they had results 4 days ago -that dr would call. Don't go to him if you want anyone to call you back. Took 3 days of calling!!!!! He never called us!

August 21st, 2013
poor business practice
I went for my annual ck up and they took some blood test to send out to the lab. Few months later I received a bill from the lab advising the test that were administered are only covered every 2 yrs so it was denied. Tried calling the office, staff was rude and unhelpful. Put me on hold for more than 45 min and said the doctor is extremely busy. If you ever go to his office, he barely has any patients, which is why it's so easy to get an appt. For that reason, I have been coming to see him for years. I went in wanting to get lab test result bill resolved, I wanted him to pay since his office did not verify and just decided to run all these tests. His response was it is too time consuming and costly to verify what insurance covers what lab test. Really? I told him, when I go to pharmacy, they tell me what is covered, if I were to go to the lab myself, they will tell me what is covered. And since he decided to take blood sample so that his patients don't have to go to the lab, won't he need to check what is covered? No, bc he verified that HIS services are covered. Verifying lab tests is not his job since insurance does not pay them for the lab test. Well there you go. If he's not getting paid, he won't go that extra step to verify anything.

January 23rd, 2013
Pleased
The good Doctor always has time and concern for you. Very proffessional. I like his manner and the staff are wonderful.

August 23rd, 2012
Great Dr!
I would definitely reccommend this Dr. Dr Carothers is always able to help me with referrals and gives good bc advice. The staff is proffessional, the office is clean and organized. Sometimes I wait 10-15 minutes, but it's worth it for great service. :)

April 5th, 2012
Bartender
It is so nice to finally find a doctor that listens to you, asks questions and actually wants to help you, instead of perscribing a med. and then get you out of there. Im so much more at ease now, knowing that someone like him wantsto help me. It also helps that his staff are friendly and on the ball. A big Thank you to you guys

March 23rd, 2012
He's a Family Practitioner
First, I HATE going to see the doctor and hospitals, but I was genuinely shocked by the trivial complaints - I found Dr Carrothers to be a very sweet and caring person with a great sense of humor. As someone mentioned, he does spend a TON of time with you asking a lot of questions (but don't you want that?), carries his laptop with him to keep notes in - which probably assists in his warm greeting, since he will ask about your last visit and family. A very calming personality, I had to wait for test results too, about 3 days and got them on 3rd call. But they were busy and since he is a family practitioner and NOT my personal M.D., I'm ok with that - even though waiting for test results can be a anxiety-filled time. Go see him if your nearby and write your own review! I highly recommend him.

May 9th, 2011
SUPER DOC
Any time I have to go for my follow up I feel like I am very well taken care of Great job DOC keep it up !!!!!!!!!