Dr. Arnold Chanin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 13th, 2010
He is a one of a kind
I love Dr. Chanin and his staff. He's been my doctor for about 8 years now. He catches everything. He'll want to know how you're sleeping, eating, working out, how's work, how's the family etc. and he will take his time with your visit. There is never a wait and I can get in to see him on the same day if it's an emergency. His staff is super nice and when you call, someone actually picks up and answers (instead of a voicemail service). On top of all of this, he leads such an interesting life that he's really fun to talk to. He really is top notch.

October 12th, 2009
He has been the greatest family practitioner. He has been my doctor for 30 years. Nothing ever gets past Dr. Chanin, all the while that he is visiting with you he is looking and computing every part of your body. Nothing is ever not a big deal. My son was 4 1/2 years old and was having a lot of cold symptoms, so I was bringing him to his pediatrician quite often. His pediatrician never took a blood test, a throat culture, nothing. He kept telling me I was just worrying too much. This went on for about 6 months, until finally he coughed up a clot of blood. I took him to see Dr. Chanin and he ran a blood test immediately, then he set up an appt. for the next morning to see anothe excellent doctor, Dr. Ronald Rosen. Dr. Chanin suspected that my son had Leukemia, but did not diagnose him instead he sent me to someone who was qualified to do that. Thank goodness Dr. Chanin was not in too much of a hurry to close shop when I brought my son in, because it was 2minutes before closing time and he stayed another hour running tests and then called me at 11:00 pm that night to tell me what to do next. Dr. Chanin also noticee that my 6 month old niece was holding her hands funny and decided to run a blood test and sure enough she had Bacterial Meningitis. He had her admitted immediately and she recovered and lived a very healthy life. She would have died if he did not take notice of her hands. She was only in for her 6 month check -up and shots.He really is the greatest FP there is!!!

October 1st, 2008
great doctor! just like old fashioned! caring and honest.
i know he has many more publications! these can be found on line. he is a legend. he writes and paints as well. thank you for you time, caring honesty, concern and diagnostic genius!