Dr. Arnold Cuenca Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Arnold Cuenca?

December 14th, 2016

I have never met a more compassionate and patient doctor. I had a list of things I wanted to talk about and he took the time to listen and work with me. Probably one of the nicest doctors I have ever met.

February 23rd, 2016

Found him to be smug and condescending. Clearly he felt I didn't need to be there and told me he'd give me the same medication he gives his "little one." He ignored the fact that two of my family members have been seek for weeks. Takes me a lot to go to the doctor; I don't have a GP because I had been dealing with cancer the last several years. His treatment was shocking.

February 10th, 2015

Dr. Cuenca saved my Life!!!

BEST DOCTOR I've EVER had!! When I was telling Dr. Cuenca about what had been going on over the last few days. He said he was going to get me in for a stat CT scan at Scripps Encintias Hospital and if the results were not good, I will be admitted for surgery. I can thank Dr. Cuenca for saving my life! Sure enough, I had the CT scan and surgery all with in a couple hours of walking in the door of the emergency room. Unbelievable care every step of the way. The crazy thing is...this was my very first appointment to see Dr Cuenca. We had just moved to the area. Dr Cuenca knows what he's doing and cares about his patient!!. He is a really nice guy with a great bedside manner. He obviously really listens to what you say!!! He was really easy to talk to. His staff was unbelievably kind and courteous as well. I wish I could remember their names. THANK YOU DR. CUENCA!!!

April 4th, 2011

Saved by Dr. Cuenca

I had very bad back pain, and family dr obviously wasn't listening to me on my numerous visits, because all of my back pain was in my low back, but my family dr ordered x-rays of my middle back and commented for 14months that it was interesting that my back x-rays only showed slight slight scoliosis, which wouldn't account for my back complaints. I asked my family dr. Several times to order additional tests or to refer me to a specialist as I was losing days from work, and my back really hurt and he wasn't prescribing any treatment, and I needed to see a specialist or get a second opinion.Finally, he referred me to a physiatrist who did the first thorough back exam, and had three plans for my back pain. Her first plan was to send me to Dr. Cuenca who is also an osteopath, and is also very thorough like she is.On my initial visit, I knew from my detailed conversation with Dr Cuenca that he had done a thorough review of all of my medical records. Also, he asked me many questions about my back pain, and did a very thorough back exam. Further, Dr. Quenca asked me if I had seen any other doctors besides my family doctor and the physiatrist-who was very thorough like Dr Cuenca.After I told Dr. Cuenca " no ", he said "unfortunately, I don't think x-rays of your lower back have ever been taken. But, we can have them taken today. Just for clarification, it appears that all of your back pain and back complaints are and have been in your low back. Is that correct? " Yes". He said "Don'T let me put words in your mouth, but that is what you've told me several times, and that is the area you kept pointing to on physical exam-correct?". I said " Absolutely". He said the physical therapist and the physiatrist indicated it was your low back as well.Dr. Cuenca treated me four times, gave me back exercises to do at night, which I did, and had me wear a back brace at work which required frequent bending, and kept reminding me to bend with me knees.I woke up one morning after four osteopathic manipulations by Dr Cuenca, and following his other instructions, and was absolutely pain free for the first time in seventeen months, after treating with Dr. Cuenca for only three months. I recommend him highly. Don' t waist your time with family doctors who are not osteopaths, and don't spend all your time and money going to chiropractors. They'll treat you three times a week forever, and their treatment is palliative at best. Go to Dr. Cuenca, and do your part with the exercises etc. You'll feel so much better. He's the best

November 24th, 2010

Best Doctor!

Dr. Cuenca is the best doctor I have ever had! He really listened to me and took care of my medical problem. I was so impressed that he now takes care of my entire family!

October 8th, 2010

most serious issue

I had records sent to Dr Cuenca supporting that need for me to continue on a particular medication. This medication was deemed therapeutic for me and it was a medication that has the risk of causing seizure if stopped abruptly. I called daily to check the status of the prescription.The prescription was never filled and I never received a call back. This left me in a situation of being unable to get the medication in a timely manner, disrupted an ongoing treatment that was working well and caused me tremendous stress. I had to find another doctor. Prior to this incident I really liked this doctor.

July 29th, 2016