Dr. Arnold Dellon MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2017
I Cannot Imagine Where These Positive Comments Come from
Be afraid. Be very afraid. He is a strange doctor with bad anecdotal reports on Facebook Groups. His staff spent 45 minutes with me on the phone before I came in. They explained in detail that he doesn't take insurance, but they would totally help me file and get the insurance money myself. When I came into the office, the first form they had me sign made it illegal to ever apply for insurance. for his services, I was stunned. But they said "sign" or I would never see the doctor. Things went down hill from there. I am a very soft-spoken respectful person. But he was dismissive. Gave me a nerve block for pelvic pain, and it didn't work. I was willing to consider other things that could be causing the pain. But he kicked me out of his office. He told me to leave and see psychiatrist. I had already read that he actually put his hands on a woman's coat to get her out the door. I was ready for that. But he had read the same review and didn't touch me. Other doctors I have been to since are reluctant to discuss him but he is obviously not respected.

April 23rd, 2017
I Cannot Imagine Where These Positive Comments Come from

January 11th, 2017
Recovery from a Brachial Plexus Injury
When my parents and I finally decided to schedule an appointment with Dr.Dellon I had been through a year and a half of chronic pain in my head, neck, and back. After countless medications and treatments, I met with Dr.Dellon and within that first appointment he was able to explain a diagnosis that actually aligned with my symptoms. He described to me, in a way that I could understand, that I was suffering from a injury to my Brachial Plexus. He further explained that he could fix the problem surgically and then explained the surgery step by step. A couple months later I had the surgery and now I am living pain free! Dr.Dellon not only provided me with the surgery I needed but he also has checked in and followed up on my progress since the surgery. Dr.Dellon is an excellent surgeon who truly cares for the well-being of his patients and I would highly recommend him.

January 3rd, 2017
very dedicated and caring doctor
Dr. Dellon reduced pelvic pain that was severe for five plus years . he reviewed my medical history thoroughly and diagnosed the source of my nerve pain within first appointment .

December 28th, 2016
Best Medical Decision I Ever Made
Having surgery performed by Dr. A. Lee Dellon, M.D., Ph.D. was the best medical decision I ever made. Since a teenager, I suffered from the presence of a plantar fibroma in my left foot. I had the plantar fibroma surgically excised with a different doctor several years earlier, and following that surgery, I only had three years without any pain. However, the pain returned, and all subsequent MRIs showed the recurrence of the tumor. For years following the recurrence, I tried several methods of reducing the tumor and its pain short of surgery, including, physical therapy; custom orthotics; a topical compound cream; several cortisone injections and nerve block injections; prolotherapy; sclerotherapy; and radiation. I was also treated by several medications to alleviate the pain associated with the tumor, all without any relief. After having been advised by both my radiation oncologist and pain management physician that surgery remained the only option, I sought a consult with Dr. Dellon at his Maryland office. Dr. Dellon advised that surgery was immediately necessary, and waiting to perform the surgery could create an irreversible situation. With that diagnosis, Dr. Dellon and his staff, including Luiann Greer, were outstanding in assisting me navigate my insurance plan to obtain coverage for the surgery, and preparing me mentally and physically for the surgery. Dr. Dellon approached the surgery as though he was dealing with a cancerous tumor, and left no stone unturned in examining my condition and evaluating how it could impact my future. Dr. Dellon created a plan to remove the fibroma, two nerves that had become entrapped in the fibroma, and then also release the tarsal nerve. The surgery went according to plan, and the following day, Dr. Dellon even took the extraordinary step of making a “house call” to my hotel to check up on me (I had traveled to Maryland for the surgery). Dr. Dellon also created a plan for my recovery, which included walking laps in a pool several times each week, which I believe speeded up my recovery. My recovery went better than I ever expected, and by two months post-surgery, I was able to begin lap swimming, and by six months post-surgery, I was fully recovered and healthier than I had been in years, as I returned to an active lifestyle, which had been missing from my life for several years due to the pain. Dr. Dellon and his staff were easily accessible throughout the entire process, and Dr. Dellon often initiated email communications for updates on my recovery. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Dellon to anyone seeking the absolute best medical treatment available.

December 24th, 2016
Dr. Dellon was a godsent to me.
After 18 months of frustration, extreme burning and pain, and what seemed like a journey of a thousand miles, I finally found Dr. Dellon. My story: Beginning in the fall of 2014 I started to experience high levels of pain in the pelvic area and had no idea of the origin or cause of the pain. Over several months, I saw a slew of specialists, underwent numerous tests, physical therapy, dry needles, nerve blocks and tried several different medications and still did not find any relief. My pain was so bad at times, I literally could not sit for more than a short period of time, if even that, and I was unable to do the physical activities I normally participated in. Eventually, it was determined that my pain was coming from damage to my pudendal nerve. In researching this injury, I learned that there are very few physicians in the U.S. who can diagnose and treat pudendal nerve conditions. Of those who can diagnose, most cannot treat beyond medication and nerve blocks. I found out about Dr. Dellon from a physician who was aware of his research in peripheral nerve compression and his development of a surgical solution to treat pudendal nerve entrapment. I contacted Dr. Dellon immediately and, based on my history, he agreed to see me. I traveled to Baltimore, MD, met with Dr. Dellon, and he confirmed my diagnosis as “Entrapment of the Pudendal Nerve”. My entire experience with Dr. Dellon and his staff was exceptional. I am located in another state approximately 500 miles away. Dr. Dellon agreed to do a consultation and surgery in the same visit timeframe, saving me from having to make two trips. Three days after my office visit, he performed surgery and the following day, I was on my way home. As a result of the surgery, I was able to sit again and resume normal activities. Four months after surgery, I traveled through Europe with no little to no discomfort. The best thing about Dr. Dellon is that he is not only an excellent surgeon, but he is accessible. He frequently e-mails me to see how I am doing post surgery and is always available to answer questions and add support. In addition, his Office Manager, Luiann, was a delight to work with and was extremely helpful in assisting me in getting my insurance claim processed from beginning through my reimbursement. I can truly say Dr.Dellon exceeded my expectations for a successful surgery. He has tackled an area that greatly needs research and focus. Women more suffer from the type of injury I suffered everyday but rarely find anyone with the knowledge and expertise to help them. Pudendal neuralgia and pudendal neuropathy remain relatively unknown, making it difficult to diagnose. I feel I was one of the lucky ones and can only hope that Dr. Dellon is able to further his studies.

December 19th, 2016
THE BEST PERIPHERAL NERVE SURGEON OUT THERE
I chased pain for years until I found Dr. Dellon. I tried all sorts of different nerve blocks, physical therapy, procedures, tests, etc to try to figure out what was going on with my leg and foot. I live in SF around some of the best doctors in the nation and no one could really tell me what was going on. I did research and found 3 nerve surgeons in nation and went and met with all of them. Dr. Dellon hands down is the most experienced, knowledgeable peripheral nerve surgeon out there. He immediately looked at my tests and told me what was wrong and what he would do. The surgery was a surgery HE invented. A stress fracture a couple of years earlier had led to some nerve pain which led to imbalances and wearing a boot that had caused my tibial nerve to get entrapped in my leg. Another doctor at Stanford said I needed surgery in two places - my ankle and calf. Dr. Dellon said he only wanted to do surgery in calf first because the pain in achilles could be coming from there. He would never do a surgery just to get money or cut someone open. And I only did need one surgery so I am glad I didnt have someone do two at once...Dr Dellon worked closely with my pain management doctor to make sure we were careful with my sensitive nervous system. The surgery center was wonderful, Dr. Dellon was professional, caring and thorough. The surgery was a success and what he said was going on in my leg was exactly what was going on. His wife Luiann was so helpful and gave the exact advice needed to work with the insurance company. Dr Dellon was out of network and I had to fight to get my surgery covered and Luiann was helpful every step of the way. And the fight paid off. She was also great with helping figure out scheduling and accommodations. They work as a great team. I felt a lot of anxiety throughout the entire process and even post surgery and Dr Dellon would respond to any email within 24 hours which is just unheard of in medicine today. He would even reach out and ask how I was doing. He cares deeply for his patients. Dr. Dellon has a really great sense of humor too. My dad still mentions Dellon jokes and has the entire family giggling. I owe everything to Dr. Dellon. He allowed me to get off pain meds and live an active life again without constant pain. I would recommend Dr Dellon a million times over. He is the BEST.

October 28th, 2016
Failed surgery for CRPS
I had the typical surgery performed after all the tests indicated that I might have compartmental syndrome of the lateral right leg. Dr. Dellon's associate performed the surgery at John Hopkins in 2007. At my follow up appointment several months later I told the surgeon that the surgery had not stopped the burning sensation. After I told them the surgery was not a success they refused to further talk with me or offer any other recommendations. I felt like since I had not been "cured" I was pulling down Dr. Dellon's 80%+ success rate and they no longer wished me to be their patient. I know he has helped many diabetics but I would not recommend this surgery if you have RSD/CRPS. It was a waste of time and just one my insult to an already painful leg.

July 24th, 2016
Awesome Team; highly recommend for facial nerve pain or injuries
Expensive as he does nto take insurance however after suffering a trigeminal nerve injury and living in pain for 2+ years and having previously seen over 40 dentists, ENT's, oral surgeons, Maxillo facial surgeons, neurologists, neurosurgeons and others, Dr Dorafshar and Dr Dellon (who often work together) at John Hopkins, gave us more detailed information on the nerve damage and solutions then all 40 put together. They also proposed a detailed procedure to correct it with alternate back up plans if anything goes wrong. Highly recommend there is no one else who does this surgery.

May 22nd, 2016
Fantastic Doctor
Dr. Dellon performed surgery on me many years ago for neuropathy. I had undergone three previous surgeries with no luck. My brother, who was at the time teaching Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Arizona, heard about Dr. Dellon. I flew out to Arizona and Dr. Dellon performed nerve surgery on me. The surgery rid me of about 80% of the horrific pain I had been suffering and I have only slight scarring.

January 14th, 2016
My Mom is a patient of Dr. Dellon's. At times I have been the liaison for them. Each time I've e-mailed Dr. Dellon about my mom's recovery he has replied within 24 hours. Each time I've phoned into his office I was immediately connected to his staff. Dr. Dellon and his staff were very helpful, concerned, patient and knowledgeable with all aspects of the issues, including diagnosis, medical benefits and procedures. Dr. Dellon and his staff went above and beyond to help my mom through all the steps to ensure a positive outcome. It has been about six weeks post-op and Dr. Dellon and I continue to communicate about my mom's recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Dellon!

January 5th, 2016
Pudendal Nerve Compression post childbirth
Dr. Dellon was amazing. He spent a great deal of time explaining my condition. I had scar tissue from the birth of my son twisted around and compressing my pudendal nerve. His surgery resolved eight long years of pain. Thank you Dr. Dellon!!