Dr. Arnold Mech MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

October 23rd, 2015
He is a busy doctor since he takes insurance but his staff rarely answer the phone....leaving voicemails that don't get responded to is the norm. But when you DO reach them they are kind and helpful. And Dr. Mech is good at what he does. Wish they could figure out the office response and phone problems

August 4th, 2015
Excellent doctor. He actually spends time with his patients, understanding the whole person and getting to the root of the issue. He does test and make sure that the whole body is healthy including the mind. He has looked after my family for over 15 years and I wouldn't trust anyone more then I trust him.

July 14th, 2015
out of all my visits I have only gotten to meet with dr mech once. the rest of the times (20+) have to be with nurse practitioners. I have had to wait over an hour every single time in the waiting room. paper work must be done every single visit. tests are taken from me without consent and now I have bills for over 10,000 just for UA's that I never consented to taking and never get the results of the tests back, nor am I ever told why I am being forced to take UA's. not going back to this establishment. this has been a terrible experience.

April 27th, 2015
The first two visits he spent at least 20 mins with me, very friendly etc, after going every month for 8 months in a row, the time I spend with him is no more than 6 mins, wait time is always close to two hours! It has been difficult to get someone to answer the ph, I want this relationship to work however I'm getting worried, I also got a bill for $7000.00 today for lab work! I will be calling his office tomorrow to get an explanation, hopefully this is an error.

April 17th, 2015
Has been helping me for years
I have no idea where these other reviews are coming from. I agree with the post below that Dr. Mech is extremely intelligent. He is very holistic and understands that many factors can affect your mood such as hormones, sleep, habits, diet, and he is definitely not a drug pusher unless the drug is something that actually works for the patient. I first saw him when I was 15 and found out that my unhealthy teenage high sugar/junk food diet was causing sugar crashes which can also cause moodiness, fatigue, headaches, and a lot of other problems. So not only medications, but changing my diet really helped my depression back then. I went 8 years without health insurance, and during that time could barely work and had no life because my depression became so severe. I had to rely on county and state run mental facilities which are like being thrown in prison because you are sick. Totally different than how I had been treated under Mech's care. When I finally got insurance again this year, I was so happy that I could see Dr. Mech again. I am back on the right medications and am starting to get my life back. Plus, he has so many samples, a drug that used to cost me over $400 a month because it was "experimental", I can get it for free- it is life changing stuff for me. He also did genetic testing on me to figure out which medications were more likely to work, saving so much time and side effects. I am signed up for a sleep study too. My insurance is covering everything so far. I have some other non-psychiatric medical conditions, and he is very knowledgable about all of my health issues and sees me as a whole person and the individual that I am. Now that my testing is done, and he's gathered all the info he needs, it's like the puzzle pieces are all fitting together again, and I am feeling better than I have been in years. There is kind of a long wait time, and the doctor does talk a lot during my session, but that's because he is explaining everything he is doing and why. I have learned so much about my specific conditions from him, and he explains it in a way that I think most people could understand. Plus, all those questionnaires that you fill out before each appointment, the staff does track them and look at them. The staff has always been very friendly and attentive to me, sometimes the ladies at the front desk seem a bit overwhelmed, but they always smile anyway. Plus the nurse that draws blood is amazing, I usually have to get stuck 2-3 times, but she always gets a vein the first try. Overall, I would recommend Dr. Mech to anyone needing a psychiatrist, especially anyone with a very unusual/treatment resistant case like mine.

March 4th, 2015
NEVER ON TIME. One time was waiting over 3 hours. Don't return phone calls. Loses medical records. Says one thing and does not follow through with plan.

November 26th, 2014
Mr.
I think Dr. Mech is very smart. I've seen a lot of Doctors and he is the only one whom can think outside the box so to speak. Like most, he is a cattle herder, however, he has a lot of patients to see. Just be prepared to be there 2 hours. He does try to push herbal remedies and sleep studies, but that is obviously better than trying to push a narcotic. Down side, he does not communicate well unless you have your 15 min apt. He went on a vacation and so I went to another M.D. for a few meds I needed and he got butt sore. Dismissed me and said I saw another Dr behind his back? At least that is what his staff told me. However, I will never know the full reason for his dismissal because I can not make that 15 min appointment you 'have to have' to get a word in. What is really weird, is that it was his staff whom told me I'd have to see someone else while he was away and even gave recommendations. It is just crazy to go through over a years worth of treatment and be dismissed like an old penny. So all in all, I think he is a smart psychiatrist, however, he obviously does not hold much value in his patients personally. Just another cow to herd or put down in my case.

September 25th, 2014
ABSOLUTELY, 100 Percent, the finest doctor I have ever seen! Truly cares!.A.
Dr Mech, makes sure that you are comfortable, and truly listens, in order to get to the root of your underlying issues. he actually takes as long as it takes a cession, can make you feel appreciated, and not just another body coming through the establishment! if you need help, but you're afraid to ask for it, please go see doctor Arnold Mech at Mech Healthcare & Associates! it will hands down, be the best decision that you have ever made in your life!

June 13th, 2014
It's all about money
I have seen this Dr. a few times and I agree with all of the other negative posts. I waited well over 2 hours at the last appt. and he ran in, gave me mumbo jumbo about vitamins and left. He never asks how you are doing and even though I was crying and nearly suicidal he didn't even ask to see me again or suggest any therapy. I asked him to fill out paperwork for short term disability after I lost my job and am so depressed I can't make an interview and he said he would but 2 weeks later and I can't get anyone to even call me back! In my opinion he is just making my condition worse and I can't wait to see another Dr. I'd hate to even see what he would write for my disability claim as he knows nothing about me after several visits!

June 12th, 2014
Check reviews first
If only I had checked his reviews first!!! Lesson learned when looking for a doctor. The staff takes a week to return my phone call. When they did call back and I could not answer my phone a message was left when I called the office again I was put thru to voice mail and it has been 5 days and still no return call. What doctor can have a staff like that??? They did blood work informed me of just about all my vitamin levels as being low and gave me a list of sub-lingual vitamin to take - my family doc does blood work one week later and it was not the case at all. I have been told by my daughters counselor that he has been in trouble for running case studies without the patients knowledge. I was told at each of my 2 appointments that someone would call me to set up a sleep study - never got a call. This has been a waste of my time!!!! Run away from going to this doctor.

June 5th, 2014
Mech the Wreck.
Saw him twice. Both times I was left to wait for almost 2 hours. He wanted to completely overhaul my antidepressant & anti-anxiety meds in favor of "vitamins & a more natural approach." Excuse me? You're a psychiatrist, not a homeopathic guru. The second visit was pretty eventful, I overheard the mother of an adolescent patient unloading her rage at the staff (and anyone else within earshot.) She nailed it though - described this office as nothing more than cattle herders, get 'em in, drug 'em, get 'em out. I left after listening to a bit more of her enraged accusations and overheard one of Mech's assistants bawling about being tired of taking so much crap because of his erroneous methods of treatment. I felt sorry for that MA, but this guy is locally infamous as "Mech the Wreck." Yes, even his colleagues refer to him as such behind his back. Avoid this quack.

May 29th, 2014
Completely Awful - Does not care about patients
If you have the right insurance and money....He will try every wrong drug on the market before prescribing what he knows will work. We'll I did that and finally found relief from my anxiety and insomnia. Insurance change and told him i could not see him (although) doing well until my flex card was issued at my new job and was told by his office I would receive my refill one more time and made my next app for the first week of June. THEY denied my refill even after saying they would and I had to UNSAFELY stop taking both of my meds and now have insomnia and missing work. So unethical. He is a pill pusher and gave an admitted alcoholic multiple benzos. I chose to be healthy and basically had to tell him what meds worked for me in the past and even after that he tried others first. Now I am without my medication and suffering until I can see my MD. Read the rest of his reviews and do please believe them. He has the worst staff I have ever come across as a patient and he ran so many unnecessary tests costing me too much money even after his nurse said these tests would be covered by my insurance. Unless you are a drug addict and want to obtain your drugs going this route.....do not see this doctor if you really want help.