Dr. Arnold Melman MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

January 13th, 2017
Installed 4th artificial urinary sphincter for me.
I had a radical prostatectomy in about 1996. It left me impotent and urinary incontenience. In 1998 I had my first urinary sphincter. It eventually began to leak. I had it replaced and a simultaneously the installation of a penile prosthesis. The whole area became infected, and both were removed. I had a third urinary sphincter installed. A few years later, I had a second prosthesis added. After about 5 years, the third sphincter completely failed -- lost its fluid. Nobody wanted to install another sphincter. Eventually, my urologist located Dr. Melman who agreed to install the 4th sphincter.

March 24th, 2014
Not too good
One of the worst experiences I have had with urologist. Didn't take any time with me, nasty, and not at all pleasant. Also diagnosis was off, and I had to see a different urologist to identify the issue. Would not recommend.

June 21st, 2013
A Disappointment
Dr.Melman sold me a 5ml vial of Trimix with some needles (29 gauge) for 175 dollars. I later called a few compounding pharmacies who quoted me around 100 dollars for a 10ml vial! Selling medications to patients (who have trust in you) as a blatant profit center is not ok in my book. I will never go back.

April 4th, 2013
Dr. Melman is the Best!
Dr. Arnold Melman is the best – a great doctor and a real professional. I have been his patient for 15 years and he has treated me for the ailments usually common with getting older. Without going into detail, Dr. Melman has made me feel years younger and given me a new outlook on what could have been some real difficult medical issues. I’m grateful for his service and want to thank both Dr. Melman and his staff for their professional and kind attention.

October 31st, 2012
good experience
Knowledgeable, simple explanations, responsive to questions and a very pleasant manner

October 19th, 2012
Exceptional doctor
Simply put, there is no doctor like Dr. Melman. He is too caring to a fault (not that I mind). He is always ready to answer any calls unless he is at a meeting. He helped restore my sex life and my marriage. Thank you, Dr. Melman. I recommend this man to everyone.

July 25th, 2010
Horrible Experiece
I was referred to Dr. Melman and made a appointment to see him. That was a mistake. After being told that there was a 3 month wait I scheduled an appointment for his Manhattan office. They have an office in Manhattan and the Bronx. Since I was not familiar with the location I asked the receptionist for the address and location in the building. I wrote it down on a piece of paper at the time. The day of the appointment I go to the Manhattan office with what she told me and they are closed. I call their office and they tell me that Dr. Melman is in the Bronx on that day. This is no short trip for me back and forth. I am also a teacher and had to take the day off for my appointment. When I displayed my displeasure the only thing the receptionist said was that she didnt make the appointment and she could get me in 2 weeks later in the Bronx. No compensation for the day of work and train fees because of their errors. I took the appointment and missed another day of work. When I arrived to their office in the Bronx the waiting room was so full that there were people sitting on the floor. After a two hour wait I finally saw the doctor. He scheduled me for a test and I had to call a week later for my results. To this day I still dont have my results. I called his office 4 times for the results. The first time they told me to come in for an appointment to get them. After I told them that it would not be possible for me to take another day off and pay for the copays and train fees they gave me the doctors cell phone number. I called him and he told me that he didnt have time and to call back next week. I did that and again he was busy. So I called their office again and the receptionist rudely told me to come in for an appointment. Again I explained the situation and all of the running around that they had me do and they said they would leave a message with the doctor. I never heard from them again. This was a horrible experience with a very unorganized office. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

July 11th, 2016