Dr. Arnold Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2017
I saw Dr Cohen decades ago and the damage that he did remains. Not just unhelpful during a time in my life when I needed it but remarkably, off the charts insensitive especially when responding to certain incidents in my past. Towards the end of our run together it sometimes appeared as though he were dozing during our sessions, his eyes closed, or he might've been in deep thought which in his case is an oxymoron because he is a dullard thoroughly pedestrian. A familiar refrain of his in closing our sessions was "I don't have anything brilliant to say." After awhile I finally spoke up and said to him, "Then what are you getting paid for? how about paying me I'm the one who is saying the brilliant things" He was miserably inadequate in addressing my issues and perhaps not alone in his profession of working for the status quo. YMMV but if I had the wherewithal back then I would've filed a complaint with whatever association presided over his profession and these type of matters. Then again I don't think it would've mattered much, nothing juicy about my allegations, just that he was a horrible and abhorrent as a therapist and human, very emotionally closed off as far as empathy is concerned and I'm not one of those who needs to be massaged, in fact find it condescending, but he was a cold soulless piece of work if ever there was one.

April 21st, 2017
Talks about his "expertise" rather than listening to problems to be dealt with. Prescribes medications even if not his patient.

June 6th, 2017