Surgical Specialist, Urologists

1145 Bower Hill Rd
Ste 105
Mount Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA 15243
412-572-6194
Locations and availability (3)

|  Highly qualified, caring and professional  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

I reside 55 miles from Dr. Sholder's office, but came to him on the advice of a good friend and practicing physician at St. Clair Hospital when biopsies indicated cancer in my prostate. Dr. Sholder was very informative and provided me every alternative. I decided on the radical protectomy via conventional surgery, and I'm very pleased that I did. I was released from the hospital the day following surgery and upon my arrival home, I walked around my neighborhood several times. I was back to my office one week following surgery. Its been about 18 months since my surgery and my PSA remains negligible. I am pleased to say that I have no drips, runs or errors as the modified baseballs saying goes. If I had it to do all over again, I'd repeat every decision I made. Oh, by the way, I can't say enough about the staff in Dr. Sholder's office as well as those at St. Clair Hospital. The hospital staff were exceptional and made me feel like royalty. I hope I never have to be hospitalized again, but if it is necessary, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to St. Clair.

|  DaVinci Prostatectomy  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

Drs. Sholder and Bordeau did an EXCELLENT job for me! I was up and around in less than a week with minimal concerns. Dr. Sholder is adamant about a patient knowing ALL the options open to them. He is knowledgeable, skilled and a wonderful personal manner. Highly recommended!

|  Trustworthy urology  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2010

Dr. Sholder has earned my full confidence. He ordered the appropriate tests to diagnose my problem. Moreover, he offered full explanations of my situation, answered all my questions, and gave sound advice. His skillful surgical intervention went extremely well and is solving my problem. Throughout, he has shown a caring attitude. I look forward to a long patient relationship with Dr. Sholder and highly recommend him for urologic care.