Dr. Arnold Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 5th, 2016
Excellent doctor and surgeon
Regardless of any negative reviews....since everyone has differing views on personality, etc....this doctor is the most experienced and qualified spine surgeon in this area. Many of the new doctors refuse to treat the entire patient, focusing only on the test result reports, which can sometimes be interpreted incorrectly. This doctor looks at the patient as a whole person and listens to what you explain regrding your pain. So even if a test result is inconclusive, but you are living a life of complete pain, he doesn't write you off and continues to investigate the cause of your pain. He has since retired from performing surgery, but continues to see and evaluate patients for spine issues. If a patient requires surgery, he will refer the patient to another collegue who he trusts, not just any surgeon available. Some reviews complained about the wait time....sometimes you might have to wait a little to be seen, but Dr. Smith will never cut your appointment short just because he is behind schedule. He will spend whatever time you need and answer any questions you have. He is one of the rare few doctors who still treats each person as a whole, not just a "file number" with a scheduled appointment to read your test result.

March 8th, 2013
FORMER & PRESENT PATIENT OF DR. GRAHAM-SMITH
I want to say first that Dr. Arnold Graham-Smith is one of the greatest Spine Physicians around. You might as well say he "saved my life" in 1992 when he performed a 7 1/2 hour L5-S1 Spinal Fusion on my back. He is very concerned about his patients, does everything possible to get them the help they need. He tells you like it is, which I love. Wouldn't you rather have a Physician like that? Dr. Graham-Smith isn't operating anymore, but will make sure you get to a reputable, conscientious, professional Dr who can help you. I thought he was fantastic 20 years ago, and he still is.

November 18th, 2012
Life Changing
I was refered to Dr. G. Smith, because me spine Dr. did not treat SI Joints. From my first visit through surgery, follow-up until my last visit, I loved this Dr. The staff was great, Dr.spent over an hour with me. Exlained everything about the surgery. My life has been changed, I can sleep, sit, walk without pain. Thank you.

May 19th, 2012
STAY AWAY FROM THIS RUDE, DOCTOR
Bedside manner is every bit as important as being a good doctor. This man is rude, demeaning, hateful and just plain MEAN. I called early one evening to tell him that a new med he put me on was causing serious side effects - his ans. was "KEEP TAKING IT - AND HE HUNG UP ON ME". I cried. After 4 days of this - he refused to talk to me - I called poison control information and was told to get to the ER immediately - I had EVERY possible side effect listed for this drug. I arrived to learn that my potassium level was low enough it could have caused my death at any moment, I was hallucinating, dropping things, could not hear (fluid buildup in ears) - just extremely sick. Very dehydrated. I spent 24 hours in ER getting 6 bags of Potassium and fluids. The nurse told me that I could have died within a matter of hours. I refused to allow him to see me again - nurses are afraid of him, his own staff is afraid of him - so stay away from this ego maniac. He thinks he's God and NO ONE can tell him anything. When I think he nealry cost me my life - I just shake with fear. DON'T USE THIS MAN. WHO NEEDS TO PAY SOMEONE TO BE MEAN AND RUDE TO YOU??? Anytime I mention him, doctors and nurses tell me he has not changed at all. I wouldn't allow him to doctor my DOG! This is NOT out of revenge, it's to save someone else the suffering I went through.

August 5th, 2011
Dr. Ego.. . . Run, don't walk!
This individual is not there to fix you, he is there to induldge his EGO. What a crying shame to take a suffering person down a path of confusion, belittlement(he is God), and stuck in a corner because he is supposedly the only Surgeon to perform a certain SI joint proceedure. Mentally seemed confused and should retire, but again ego won't let him. . . . Very Scary. One of the worst experiences ever; loss of money and time.

June 21st, 2011
Shoddy Person, but Great Surgeon
I would trust him to operate on me but would never give someone the expectation that he was a nice man, he's not...ever. A true Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde. Won't treat me properly or respectfully but expects me to pay him. Instead- I see his wife for physical therapy and go to a pain mgmnt for the rest. I'd allow him to operate on me again, but I would never speak to him beyond that event.

August 23rd, 2010
Worst doctor ever
do your homework, he lied to me, has horrible statements about patients, wait is hours long, he thinks he is God, heard he is responsible for the death of one patient and has seriously harmed many others, thank goodness my husband learned this before his surgery and cancelled