Surgeons

4410 Medical Dr
Ste 610
San Antonio, TX 78229
210-614-2453
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dissected carotid artery  |  show details
by Mary on Jan 31st, 2014

Dr. Vardiman made me feel comfortable and not anxious about things. His ability to diagnose, when things were complex, was life saving. I am very thankful for his amazing skills and dedication.

|  i would use dr. vardiman again in a heartbeat  |  show details
by dan on Dec 18th, 2013

4.5 weeks ago fusion of c5-6 and 6-7. i have had zero pain or tingle in my arm since the day following surgery. the surgery itself: i have had zero pain from that since it was performed. the worst part of the whole thing is just the hasslefactor of wearing the soft collar neck brace. the nice thing also is that he uses his own surgical team wherever he operates rather than gathering a team at a particular hospital. so they are all in synch. you will have a long wait in the waiting room, but it's worth it. he is a very nice guy, but remember: good surgeons arent big on bedside manner. thats not what he studied.....

|  Like none other  |  show details
by Pat wood on Nov 24th, 2013

Our wait time to see him was less than 5 minutes. He will make you feel comfortable as soon as you meet him. He will take the time to listen to ALL your questions and offers very honest answers. The best example ever to being a care giver. Our original MRI was flawed and he was not able to open it and review it with us. I obtained a new MRI and my wife and I had a number of questions as to what we were looking at. He took the time to review it with us on an unannounced visit. He and his team showed up the day of surgery ready to go answered any new questions and did an incredible job on my 3 layer fusion. The arm pain was gone when I woke up and the surgery pain was minimal I would not consider any other neurosurgeon in the future. This is the right guy

|  Brain Surgery  |  show details
by Amymarie L. on Sep 11th, 2013

They wouldn't listen to me at the er and the Dr there was trying to send me home with pain pills for migraines until they reluctantly gave me a CT scan and saw the tumor in my brain. My body gave out and they just thought it was a seizure. Until Dr. Vardiman informed them that I needed to be preped for surgery asap because my bodily functions were shutting down. He saved my life! The only down is that his office doesn't return calls

|  Parent of Fernando Ortiz  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

6 years ago, my son of 12yr was diagnose with coccydiomycosis , the infection was so severe that it damaged my son vertebrae in L3-L4. After going with too many doctors and getting wrong diagnosis, our family doctor recommended Dr. Arnold Vardiman for my sons surgery. Our doctor informed us that Dr. Vardiman is known as the magic doctor, and he is a wonderful human being. He also mention to us that Dr. Vardiman usually dont tend pediatrics but our family doctor had talked to him and informed him of my sons illness and Dr. Vardiman humane kicked in action and decided to treat my son. After hearing so many storys from different doctors telling us that my son would never walk again, I was amazed in how Dr. Vardiman care and attention for my son and in Gods' hand my son recovered when I was informed there was no hope. He is an amazing doctor , truly a magic doctor and above all a wonderful human being. My son is now 18yrs old and he has beaten all odds and he looks forward to his future. Thanks doc for I thank God everyday for guiding us to you.

|  Neck surgery  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

I had 4 ruptured discs in my neck. I developed drop foot and had trouble walking. Also burning in my arms. After the surgery my foot was straight and the burning gone. It's been five years and I'm doing great. I've known others that weren't so lucky that went to other doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Vardiman.

|  Headcase  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

Dr. Vardiman is an excellent surgeon and "Barber" I was very nervous about my operation but he was very good about calming me down. I'm only sorry I was throwing up when he walked into my room to check on me after surgery.

|  I received extremely outstanding from Dr. vardimin.  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2012

Dr. Vardimin was reccommended to me by another doctor. He saw me three days after initial call. He gave me several options of which I chose surgery.He had to clean up some disk problems, a cyst, bone spurs then finish with fusion surgery. I had had pain for forty years. The day after surgery I was up and walking around with no pain. I am still in the healing process a year later there has been some occasional stiffness but no more

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

Dr. Vardiman is an excellent neurosurgeon and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who would need neurosurgery.He has operated twice on me and he did a great job. He has a very nice personality.I live for the time being in England and I always hope my back would not cause any more problems since Arnold is not here. I wish him all the best in his professional career.

May 17th, 2011

My mother had an appointment with Dr. Vardiman today. We came in from out of town and arrived early but only sat in the waiting room about 15 minutes before they called us back. The nurse who took my mother's blood pressure and temperature was absolutely the best. She was friendly, smiled and laughed which, we thought was wonderful. I figure that she must love her job and the doctors must treat her well to be that happy. That was the first "plus." We waited about 15 minutes in the exam room, which wasn't long at all. Dr. Vardiman came in and immediately, we knew we would like him. He was friendly, smiled, and he spoke to us in terms we could understand, NOT in terms that only another neurological surgeon would understand. He did not push my mother to have surgery, which I liked. He treated her with respect and made us feel so comfortable. He took his time and acted like he had all day to talk, which I'm sure he did not have! If and when my mother may need surgery on her spine, I pray that he is still there.

by Peter B. Doremus on Jan 7th, 2011

I can't say enough about Dr. Vardiman. Accurate diagnosis, clear explanation of the condition and options for fixing the problem, including risks. This made my decision-making quite straightforward. I was in fear of being in the hospital (Stone Oak Methodist) because of a near-fatal brush with MRSA a year earlier. He promised to get me out it I would do my part by getting out of bed and walking. I was up the next, walking with a nurse's help. Dr. Vardiman had me out the next day. The entire experience, from first visit to follow-up post surgery, was positive. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

|  Great surgeon!  |  show details
by Mercedes Ramos on Jul 28th, 2010

Dr.Vardiman was recommended to me by my primary physician, who I trust very much. Dr. V was on target and said he could operate right away, even the next day if I wanted. I was very surprised but grateful. He operated very quickly and it made a huge difference! I like him very much and he is very direct but very much a true professional.

|  Christmas Miricle  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2010

This doctor is amazing. On Christmas eve he came and performed my surgery and even check on me during the Christmas holiday. I had to have emergency surgery. He was there every step of the way at the hospital for me and he was at my bed side trying to explain everything to me in the best possible manner. You cant even tell I had brain surgery. He took care for a 18yo female to make sure she appeared as normal as possible. I cannot appreciate enough how much this man has done for me.

|  Great experience during my first ever surgery.  |  show details
by marci on Sep 8th, 2009

Dr. Vardiman is an excellent neurosurgeon and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who would need neurosurgery.He has a great personality and was very caring during my recent illness.I definitely would want him for my neurosurgeon if I needed him again.

by Bob Cone on May 1st, 2009

friendly, professional, Nice guy.